Official UFN 82** Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There goes all my free Doom money, FUUUUK

I was all over him too, this really does suck. I was pretty shocked he came out as the dog after so clearly dominating the first fight. He was no lock to win the rematch, but the odds were way off imo. I loved him at dog odds, loved his KO/TKO line too. The guy has so drastically improved his striking it's insane, and he has the luxury of never fearing the takedown. He invites it. I think with all the Werdum bets I had plus how confident I am in the Wonderboy/Hendricks over I was maybe going to have a big night. I still would even have loved Werdum at -250 vs Stipe (though not as much as the dog odds vs Cain). Oh well...

I have bets on Wonderboy SU and a little onWonderboy by dec. But the more I look at it the more I think the over 2.5 at -165 is the best bet on the card. Maybe the best avail bet there is right now. I really hope they keep this a 3 rounder, I'm adding to my over bet right now. Not only has neither guy been stopped in a combined 32 pro fights, but the way the fight is likely to play out also would seem to make the over extremely likely to hit. Given how Wonderboy uses distance it's very unlikely Johnny lands his big left hand. It's predictable and a striker the level of Thompson with his length should stay clear of it pretty easily. And odds are Hendricks is going to try to shoot and put Thompson on his back for 15 minutes. Maybe Thompson catches him at some point but -165 seems really cheap given how often this should go to the cards. And it covers a really late stoppage too.
I agree, I already have some at -140

I agree, I already have some at -140

There are reports out (unconfirmed) that it's the main event and gonna be a 5 rounder. I'm assuming all over/under bets will be voided if that happens. Ugh. This card looked like such a great moneymaking opportunity with Werdum as a dog and the over in this fight and now....both might be gone.

There are reports out (unconfirmed) that it's the main event and gonna be a 5 rounder. I'm assuming all over/under bets will be voided if that happens. Ugh. This card looked like such a great moneymaking opportunity with Werdum as a dog and the over in this fight and now....both might be gone.
It seems like all the fights that are being canceled/changed recently are the ones that had the best plays on them

Hmmm honestly, I still like fight goes the distance for the Hendricks fight and looking forward to it presumably being a good line.

Hmmm honestly, I still like fight goes the distance for the Hendricks fight and looking forward to it presumably being a good line.

Man IDK. Just so much harder to predict now. Johnny hasn't really had gas tank issues in 5 rounders, but how confident are we he was training his cardio the same for this one given that he was planning on it being a 3 round fight? Given his weight cutting issues, I don't think it's far fetched at all to think he might only have 3 rounds of cardio in him. Esp if he's planning on a grappling heavy gameplan (which seems likely). Yeah if the line is juicy enough of course I agree but it sort of seems like an entirely different ballgame.

I'm kind of thinking I like Wonderboy's ML better in a 5 rounder. It's 10 more minutes for him to catch Johnny plus covers Wonderboy taking over the second half of the fight if Johnny does have cardio issues.

Question: I bet on Werdum but now that the fight's off when do I get refunded?

yep depends on site. i did it on BM (werdum) and hasn't refunded yet. 5d almost immediately does.

you could contact support to tell them , they might literally not know about it

It also depends on when you placed the bet. I put down a bet as a future on 5d before the fight for UFC 196 was announced and it is still pending.

Well, for those of us in the U.S. and who generally buy ppv's we're already $60 ahead. 196 now free on FS1. With no HW title fight the UFC kinda had to do this I guess.

I'm trying to find verification that Hendricks/Wonderboy is now going to be a 5 rounder but nothing confirmed from any sources I see. I'm wondering if this is something being negotiated still.

hrm, still called ufc 196?

first "numbered" ufc in years that'll be on tv, what was the last one? like hendo-rampage?

(this might be *way* off, lol)

hrm, still called ufc 196?

first "numbered" ufc in years that'll be on tv, what was the last one? like hendo-rampage?

(this might be *way* off, lol)
Hendo vs page is the only one I can ever recall being on free tv.

I'm guessing the UFC plans on skipping a month for PPV since UFC 200 is in July? If they don't, this is the perfect opportunity to drop the number so their schedule lines up properly.

Props for the Hendricks/Thompson fight have been taken down, but the ML and o/u have stayed up. It even says "5 round fight", so I highly doubt the ML and o/u will be taken down

Hendricks vs Wonderboy now headlining + 5 round fight, moved to foxsports from PPV

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...-Sports-1-After-Main-Event-Cancellation-99181

Always liked wonderboy as a dark horse in this fight, wish there was a bet to see if hendricks makes weight or fights on the card.

Voids all my over 2.5 bets and all my Wonderboy by dec bets. So basically 2 fights where I loved the lines now gone. If ML doesn't change I'm gonna add to Wonderboy. 5 rounds obviously favors him.

Props for the Hendricks/Thompson fight have been taken down, but the ML and o/u have stayed up. It even says "5 round fight", so I highly doubt the ML and o/u will be taken down

Yep I just added to Wonderboy. He's down to +210 but in a 5 rounder I really like his chances. Esp since we don't know if Johnny was training to play the takedown/top control game for 25 minutes. I'm seriously pissed at losing all my props on the 3 rounder though. Will the over 2.5 get voided? Obviously the Wonderboy by 3 round dec will.

Yep I just added to Wonderboy. He's down to +210 but in a 5 rounder I really like his chances. Esp since we don't know if Johnny was training to play the takedown/top control game for 25 minutes. I'm seriously pissed at losing all my props on the 3 rounder though. Will the over 2.5 get voided? Obviously the Wonderboy by 3 round dec will.
I do not think the over will get voided. It is possible though

Voids all my over 2.5 bets and all my Wonderboy by dec bets. So basically 2 fights where I loved the lines now gone. If ML doesn't change I'm gonna add to Wonderboy. 5 rounds obviously favors him.
5 rounds obviously favors Wonderboy? How so?

I've never seen Wonderboy go 5 rounds before, and Hendricks knows what it's like to go 5 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back