Official UFN 85 Thread - Brisbane - Hunto vs Murrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys dont see Trujillo imposing a wrestling game on Pearson?
Thats the big question mark for me, how will Abel's offensive wrestling fair against Pearson's defensive wrestling. But Pearson has always had really good cardio, so as long as he makes Abel work for everything, he should win those last two rounds via superior cardio and boxing. Plus the fact 'Pearson by dec' should be a decent line, i'm happy to take a shot.

Thats the big question mark for me, how will Abel's offensive wrestling fair against Pearson's defensive wrestling. But Pearson has always had really good cardio, so as long as he makes Abel work for everything, he should win those last two rounds via superior cardio and boxing. Plus the fact 'Pearson by dec' should be a decent line, i'm happy to take a shot.
Yes, maybe. I just feel Pearson will give up a lot of size and if Trujillo can make him fear the wrestling he can knock him out too.

man idk guys. trujillo can fade in fights, too. that's a super tough fight to call for me

Yes, maybe. I just feel Pearson will give up a lot of size and if Trujillo can make him fear the wrestling he can knock him out too.
I'd be surprised if Abel KOs Pearson. Pearson's defense is pretty damn high level, and Abel is not a combination puncher. He wings bombs. Against a disciplined boxer, thats not a good look.

Abel should be bigger, and of course that helps if he looks for a wrestling heavy gameplan, but honestly I love Ross in this spot. I think hes a bad matchup for Trujillo big time if he avoids prolonged periods of being on his back. He will probably be one of my bigger bets, especially if that decision prop is juicy.

He wasn't a replacement, but the fight was booked on short notice. Thing is, Mir has sported the pot belly for his last couple of fights.

Mir has said in interviews that he feels better going in a bit heavier so I wouldn't read too much into that. It is intentional on Mir's part so I don't think it is indicative of him being unprepared.

He also explained how he views HW fighting as basically short bursts of energy followed by recovery so this is how he does his training. He is not looking to go hard for 3 straight rounds. This is probably a smart strategy given his age and weight class....throw some punches, rest....get a TD...rest.

I feel pretty confident in Hunt here but of course anything can happen. If Mir can complete a TD then things will get really interesting.

I'd be surprised if Abel KOs Pearson. Pearson's defense is pretty damn high level, and Abel is not a combination puncher. He wings bombs. Against a disciplined boxer, thats not a good look.

Abel should be bigger, and of course that helps if he looks for a wrestling heavy gameplan, but honestly I love Ross in this spot. I think hes a bad matchup for Trujillo big time if he avoids prolonged periods of being on his back. He will probably be one of my bigger bets, especially if that decision prop is juicy.
Good point about winging punches vs the disciplined boxer. I CAN see it happening though, but he has to fear the wrestling first i think. Ross did get KOd by another wild striker (Laquinta) but i havn't rewatched that fight so i dont remember what happened.

Good point about winging punches vs the disciplined boxer. I CAN see it happening though, but he has to fear the wrestling first i think. Ross did get KOd by another wild striker (Laquinta) but i havn't rewatched that fight so i dont remember what happened.
Al is a much better technical striker than Abel. Hes probably one of the most dangerous guys to be in the pocket with at LW, that was a bad matchup for Ross and from what I remember he still had a solid first round before eating a power combo up against the fence

In regards to Case v Matthews, I'd recommend reviewing tape of Case v E.J. Brooks from RFA ...

Yes, the fight was 2.5 years ago and yes, Case won a split decision (fairly questionable) but it shows what an athletic, powerful wrestler can potentially do against Case.

Case is at Power MMA now (believe he had his first camp there for the Cabral bout) so I'm sure he is getting in some excellent wrestling work.

case has looked better in the ufc, though. a lot of people lost $ against him due to that brooks fight, imo

Does anybody think that oddsmakers read this thread sometimes before putting out the odds? I just ask this because this is the reason I don't really talk about fights that don't have odds up yet. There is a spot on this card I really like depending on the odds that nobody has mentioned yet

case has looked better in the ufc, though. a lot of people lost $ against him due to that brooks fight, imo

Indeed, I have been big on Case thus far in his UFC career, but I don't particularly like this matchup for him. Also, there has been some discussion of a significant length advantage for Case (not sure if this is being mentioned in regards to the way in which he fights or because of actual numbers), but Matthews' reach is 72" and Case 72.5". This site has Case's height listed at 6'1" but the UFC stats have him at 5'10" and Matthews 5'9" so I'm not exactly buying the significant length advantage for Case.

I do agree with others that have stated this could certainly be a tight, 3 round grappling contest that goes to decision. If the bout plays out as such, I favor Matthews to win a decision in Australia.

Does anybody think that oddsmakers read this thread sometimes before putting out the odds? I just ask this because this is the reason I don't really talk about fights that don't have odds up yet. There is a spot on this card I really like depending on the odds that nobody has mentioned yet
I've worried about this ever since I saw Jack Slack make an appearance in the thread lol but who knows

Yes, I think so. It's probably a bad idea to discuss fights that hasn't had the odds released. We should probably stop doing it.

I've worried about this ever since I saw Jack Slack make an appearance in the thread lol but who knows
Really? Did he post or you just saw his name at the bottom 'viewing'?

Yes, I think so. It's probably a bad idea to discuss fights that hasn't had the odds released. We should probably stop doing it.
Yeah, idk. There has to at least be a 50% chance though

Really? Did he post or you just saw his name at the bottom 'viewing'?
Before Aldo vs McGregor when me and plekz were going at it, plekz made a negative comment about Jack as an analyst and minutes later he showed up to respond lol

Before Aldo vs McGregor when me and plekz were going at it, plekz made a negative comment about Jack as an analyst and minutes later he showed up to respond lol
LOL wow. He definitely lurks here then. I must have missed that. There was a point I got pretty tired of you two arguing where I would just skip past those posts lol

LOL wow. He definitely lurks here then. I must have missed that. There was a point I got pretty tired of you two arguing where I would just skip past those posts lol
See what happens when you stop paying attention to my arguments. You miss out on awesome things like Jack Slack jumping in :D

Absolutely they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back