Official UFN 86 Thread - Croatia: JDS vs Big Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Gabe here. Yes hes been knocked out a lot but BB does his damage with gnp not standing. If Gabe gets him down i think its a rap. Not confident but will take Gabe sub if the line is decent enough.

Its possible gabe does have the better overall skill set and on the floor its a total difference, I just can't shake how easy meathead stuffed gabe's telegraphed take downs and made him suffer for it, its also a bit of a fade gabe vibe, just don't think he is able to put it all together. It maybe better to check ITD or r1-r2 finish props for most of the main cards too many heavies and light heavies.

I see black beast getting the best of gabe.

I also see Ben getting the best of jds.

It's simply a matter of the trends declining fighters really seem to rarely make it back to glory.

The only other guy on the card that stands out is whiteford. I've never been impressed with Lucas Martins.

I'm going to be on JDS at dog odds and then play the ITD. I really don't see Rothwell getting a decision. Weren't a lot of people on JDS vs. Reem? I think people underestimated Reem more than anything.

I'm going to be on JDS at dog odds and then play the ITD. I really don't see Rothwell getting a decision. Weren't a lot of people on JDS vs. Reem? I think people underestimated Reem more than anything.

That's when I disagree. It was overestimating jds. He was completely gunshy

Didn't Gabe finish that fight with a superman punch though? That was pretty cool.

I think he didn't have a full fight camp then because he just had a baby. He did that 'cradling move' in the post-fight interview.

Been a long time fan of Gabe, he is a pretty flawed fighter, but so devastating when he's on.

Last edited:
Shit man, I thought I was the only one here old enough to remember that one.

I turn 40 this year man, followed MMA since the late 90's. I remember LOL...

Red corner fighters on the left... fighters that will walk out second.

9liM2pr.jpg

Red corner fighters on the left... fighters that will walk out second.

9liM2pr.jpg

ngannou is fighting blaydes, not mihajlovic

gonna get killed here, i know it. euro ufc cards.. ahhhhh

ok, what can anyone tell me about:

stanciu
hadzovic
pejic
asker
di chirico

(i think we talked about this recently but i remember info on tybura so i left him out)

Depending on lines, actually like a couple of these fights with the guys I know a lot.

gotta love how rothwell sub was +1300 (and higher early on) vs barnett... and is only +349 vs JDS lol

Definitely live bet only card for me not sure i will even have a pre bet. Thank God its a Sunday card in Europe. Sat nearly killed me i had 90 mins sleep. Staying up all night with two under 3 year olds is a terrible idea.

I can see Dalby opening as the favorite and I'd probably end up betting the american wrestler in Cummings. Both guys are mid tier fighters but I'll lean towards the guy with better grappling.

Dalby I kept hearing a bunch of hype from him coming into the UFC but he's yet to have a good outing having close fights in 2 of 2 so far. I expect him to have a tough one again in his 3rd fight.

Other than that, I'm looking at the 2 black guys at HW in Ngannou and the half vampire Blade. Not impressed with Ngannou's grappling and if he gets put on his back I'm going with the other guy.

Took a L in my last event as I expected and this card looks obscure enough for me to ante down once more, I'll go hard on the Tony Ferguson card.

2nd round when he has him on the cage and he punches him in the face like 6 times in a row?

I see black beast getting the best of gabe.

I also see Ben getting the best of jds.

It's simply a matter of the trends declining fighters really seem to rarely make it back to glory.

The only other guy on the card that stands out is whiteford. I've never been impressed with Lucas Martins.

Will the reach disadvantage affect Whiteford in this match?
Both are strikers

Will the reach disadvantage affect Whiteford in this match?
Both are strikers

Lucas just seems so slow and doesn't use his reach

He seems to fancy himself an Anderson silva Muay Thai type guy except even when he tries to put snap into his kicks they are soft

I think whiteford will bully him like a lot of his past opponents

^^^I wanna rewatch Martins vs White but I felt he was actually one of my better leans :D especially since there is no way he is anything but maybe -120 at worst.

Whiteford isn't a good enough grappler to enforce that game on Martins. On the feet Whiteford favors a more brawling style heavy on hooks and power shots while Martins uses lots of straight shots which stylistically is always big for me. Also think in the clinch Martins muay thai is likely to overcome Whiteford in that area.

Def need to rewatch Martins vs White but those were my initial thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back