Official War Room Awards 2020: A Back Alley Love Story

Not cool, man. My sister worked at a gas station in college (got robbed at gunpoint twice). She's really brilliant (lawyer now, but took her a while to find a path). Nothing shameful about working that kind of job, IMO.

Is she an MD, too?

The Alien and Terminator original sequels were actually quite good but that's a rarity. It was still James Cameron writing and directing though. These movies are now like a MAGA rally. You know you have a base so if you keep the production costs down you can expect a certain profit.

Terminator salvation was a good terminator movie and should be considered canon. Bale was a very good john connor.

Wait...there's no way there's a worse poster than @StoneColdSteveAustin. That's not possible.

It isn't even close.

It was like I've always wondered what the Terminator was supposed to do after he killed Sarah Connor.

One of those fantasy questions we used love guessing about. IF the Terminator didn't dissappear out of the timeline, I imagine it was given a set of directives to hide out and assist with the oncoming war in whatever way possible. Given Skynet's limited knowledge of the time, I'm sure there were very important incidents/battles that it DID know about that the Terminator could alter in their favor.

Blows my mind they can’t nail a new terminator movie. Or Aliens, predator etc. It’s almost like somebody lost a bet among the higher up Hollywood types and it’s a running joke for those 3 series to pump out crap for us.

They're not created with the intent to tell a good story anymore. Just certain action set pieces that they write a story around. Predator 2 is a great flick. Aliens is top 10 ATG action/sci fi movies. Alien 3 is ok and Alien Resurrection is fun, but the rest are terrible. Terminator 3, Alien vs Predator, Predators, Terminator: Genisys, Terminator: Dark Fate were all steaming piles of shit.

Not cool, man. My sister worked at a gas station in college (got robbed at gunpoint twice). She's really brilliant (lawyer now, but took her a while to find a path). Nothing shameful about working that kind of job, IMO.

Honest pay...for honest work.

I don't shame anyone for having a job that many deem to be "blue collar" or lower class.

Its very classist

Honest pay...for honest work.

I don't shame anyone for having a job that many deem to be "blue collar" or lower class.

Its very classist

Worked overnight at a gas station for 7 years while doing construction during the day. Life was not fun and I certainly was self conscious about mentioning it because of the stigma. But now that I'm in my thirties and making more than twice as much as both of those jobs combined? I'd never look down on somebody for doing that, or any other waitress/dishwasher/garbageman type of work. It's just a douchey thing to do if you're seriously trying to insult someone by bringing up their work.

Worked overnight at a gas station for 7 years while doing construction during the day. Life was not fun and I certainly was self conscious about mentioning it because of the stigma. But now that I'm in my thirties and making more than twice as much as both of those jobs combined? I'd never look down on somebody for doing that, or any other waitress/dishwasher/garbageman type of work. It's just a douchey thing to do if you're seriously trying to insult someone by bringing up their work.

Same. I never bring anyone down for their legal occupation...like I said earlier, its very classist, arrogant and anti liberal in every sense of the word.
My first gig was a dishwasher...worked with a lot of Mexicans in the kitchen (many of them illegal)..best crew I've ever worked with

Whats wrong with that?

Its a living.

There was nothing in that post that indicated I thought there was a problem. Actually, the only poster in this thread I've seen directly claim some form of superiority for his job is Yorkist/ObamaLady/Elijah/17 other accounts. He makes fun of people that work as baristas, he calls people cowards who have desk jobs, he says real men are essential workers (like people who deliver for Uber, I guess), etc. He drew the comparison of WW2 heroes fighting Nazis (him delivering food) to cowards hiding in foxholes (everybody working from home). Lol.

I think that indicates he probably feels some kind of insecurity about it and feels the need to lash out. Nobody else cares what he does, at all. But a guy as abrasive as him should expect some return fire.

Again, my crack about the gas station thing was a reference to another poster

Nobody actually took you seriously, it was a very tame joke.

Last edited:
Well, at least now I know where all the silly one-liners thrown around over the last week or so came from.

And LOL @ that Turtle award.

The best/worst part to me is actually reading the Sherdog fan fiction while next to the wife, laughing out loud, having her ask what's so funny, deciding "Do I explain Sherotica or just go to my gallery of saved dog memes and pretend I was laughing at one of those?"

Back