Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Cach KO. What a brutal uppercut.

Hill set a UFC record with six fights in 12 months. Keeps improving, becoming more well-rounded. Loma's fun to watch - good leg kicks - but just too small. Though she has improved somewhat on the ground, hasn't really gotten good enough there yet.

Yan has excellent distance control and does well in the clinch with those sneaky trips. Bummer seeing Karolina with that hurt eye. It affected her badly. Would like her to get another chance if she chooses. Yan is now 5-0 in the UFC and has won 11 in a row.

Last edited:
Look at the card Valentina vs a Brazilian in Brazil. So yes they offered the one recently signed Brazilian flyweight Valentina, then looked at some local records and call zombie. That's typical ufc matchmaking. And pretending "everyone" turned it down is typical ufc spin.
Doesn't get more ufc propaganda then that. Quoting that fake news as fact.

It's difficult to distinguish ufc spin from facts since it's often all that mma media reports. Hadn't known (or maybe didn't remember) that a number of other fighters came out and said they would have gladly taken that fight with Val at the time.

Yan Xionan looked like she got a bit more power in her punches this time around. maybe the training at the mayweather gym and the PI is paying off

When did you become such UFC bullshit artist. They offer Maia the fight THAT'S ONE FIGHTER. AND Maia would also have been a ufc debut for her. Jessica Eye, jessy jay, lauren Murphy, all ranked ufc flyweights then, all tweeted they were NEVER offered the fight and would welcome the challenge to be in a #1 contender fight against val.

Wake up the ufc wanted that squash match highlights and then realised theyd gone too far.

Don't always believe what people write on twitter. 7 fighters turned down this fight for Feb 2018. Paige Vanzant turned down the fight with Val in January 2018 and Jessie Jess was matched with Paige on 14 January 2018. Jessica Eye Also fought on 2018.01.14 on the same card and was already booked. One who turned it down was released on another said f no. Mai said no, as well as others.

Yan Xionan looked like she got a bit more power in her punches this time around. maybe the training at the mayweather gym and the PI is paying off
speaking of, sounds like she gave KK a broken orbital

Says in the Karolina piece that she was experienced double-vision during the fight.

This is clearly what she told her corner at the end of the first round. And then had the doctor look at her. Really have to question if the fight should have been stopped. Double vision can often be something serious.

As it is, clearly time for KK To call it a day, WMMA has left her behind and its questionable if her heart is really in it

I wish corners were a bit smarter with their risk allocation.

Karolina could have won the 3rd round on the ground. there was a small chance. But if she won, how much damage did she have to take for that one fight? Why not throw in the towel in that second round?

Some of these fighters burn through their entire career just to win one fight.

I wish corners were a bit smarter with their risk allocation.

Karolina could have won the 3rd round on the ground. there was a small chance. But if she won, how much damage did she have to take for that one fight? Why not throw in the towel in that second round?

Some of these fighters burn through their entire career just to win one fight.

Agree and welcome here. During the fight some (in the play by play section on this site) were commenting the same. Karolina took a clean straight jab to the eye socket in round one. From then on she couldn't see clearly.

Last edited:
The show/bonus payment structure hasn't worked out too well for Karolina, four fairly significant fights, four losses and by all accounts she's been stuck on $25k the whole time. No win bonuses, no automatic move up the pay scales which comes with a win. She'd have been better off taking late fights on the early prelims than being a name, fighting other names up the card.

Speaking of taking short notice fights on the early prelims, Angela 'The Vulture' Hill was slowly circling overhead before Karolina's fight even happened.

(don't think that one will be happening any time soon, or hopefully - ever)

Speaking of taking short notice fights on the early prelims, Angela 'The Vulture' Hill was slowly circling overhead before Karolina's fight even happened.

(don't think that one will be happening any time soon, or hopefully - ever)

I said this about a week ago but Angela Hill has figured out the game. If your not good enough to get to a high rank forget about the ranks and call out or fill in late notice vs the bottom of the division and keep on collecting wins. In addition, she will be burning through UFC contracts and getting more and more money. I respect her for playing the game smartly to get further than she would have if she did it like everyone else.

Yeah I was thinking her striking had alot more pop too. And her wrestling looked alot more polished. I had her losing to hill a few fights but seeing them both win on the weekend Yan I think dominates if they ever meet again. That being said Karolina slide is getting crazy she looked lost out there from the start to finish, I'm not sure if she could put together a wining performance over a whitmire or Yoder last weekend.

Come on ufc gotta help a girl out. It's not like she's a boring fighter.

ERliCiLUwAE5d0O

It's difficult to distinguish ufc spin from facts since it's often all that mma media reports. Hadn't known (or maybe didn't remember) that a number of other fighters came out and said they would have gladly taken that fight with Val at the time.

That's quite an easy thing to come out and say after the fact, I still have my doubts that the match makers phones were blowing up with girls demanding Val.

Agree and welcome here
Thank you, PurpleStorm!

Yan Xionan looked like she got a bit more power in her punches this time around.
Lots of interesting strong female strikers coming out of China recently: Xiaonan Yan, Weili Zhang, and ONE's Xiong Jingnan. They all fight in a similar style. Anyone know what the reasons for that is?

I mean, compared to South Korea that seem to prefer this zombie style (KZ, Superboy, Dong Hyun Ma) were chin and toughness seem to be valued almost higher than technique.

Or the Japanese girls who are all about that wrestling. Kanako Murata, Kana Watanabe, Ayaka Miura, Rin Nakai. (would love to see them in the UFC.)

The Chinese style, however, seem to be more "modern": Setting the pace, brutality, feints. Grappling as a means to an end, and actual KO power.

Thank you, PurpleStorm!

Lots of interesting strong female strikers coming out of China recently: Xiaonan Yan, Weili Zhang, and ONE's Xiong Jingnan. They all fight in a similar style. Anyone know what the reasons for that is?

I mean, compared to South Korea that seem to prefer this zombie style (KZ, Superboy, Dong Hyun Ma) were chin and toughness seem to be valued almost higher than technique.

Or the Japanese girls who are all about that wrestling. Kanako Murata, Kana Watanabe, Ayaka Miura, Rin Nakai. (would love to see them in the UFC.)

The Chinese style, however, seem to be more "modern": Setting the pace, brutality, feints. Grappling as a means to an end, and actual KO power.

I guess they've all got a background in Sanda

Status
Not open for further replies.