Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think that Robertson would be a promotion favorite, young, more attractive than most, 4-2 in the UFC and never bothered the judges, oh and a protege of Din Thomas. But no, the girl gets sent to the furthest corners of Dana's shady Empire, never gets a bonus - Macedo has had two - and they even matched her up with Frota and her retro supplements.

Now as it happens I was disappointed with the finish against Barber, firstly because I thought that Robertson's straight punches were scoring just as well as Barber's wild swings in the moments leading up to the end, and secondly because Gillian's body language before and after the stoppage suggested she didn't really want to be there.

So where to next? Sao Paulo against Araujo might fit the lets be mean to Gillian agenda.

Last edited:
Thank you, PurpleStorm!

Lots of interesting strong female strikers coming out of China recently: Xiaonan Yan, Weili Zhang, and ONE's Xiong Jingnan. They all fight in a similar style. Anyone know what the reasons for that is?

I mean, compared to South Korea that seem to prefer this zombie style (KZ, Superboy, Dong Hyun Ma) were chin and toughness seem to be valued almost higher than technique.

Or the Japanese girls who are all about that wrestling. Kanako Murata, Kana Watanabe, Ayaka Miura, Rin Nakai. (would love to see them in the UFC.)

The Chinese style, however, seem to be more "modern": Setting the pace, brutality, feints. Grappling as a means to an end, and actual KO power.

Kana Watanabe and Ayaka Miura are judoka, not wrestlers.

cynthia calvillo revenge match? alexis davis? probably poliana botelho but i don't fancy gillian's chances...
Well it won't be Cynthia she's already fighting shevchenko.

Davis might make sense she's 0-3 lately, but she's ranked 10th and probably not taking a fight vs someone unranked. Same problem with botelho at 13th actually I could see Davis vs Bothelo making sense.
Gillian gonna have to settle for someone outside the top I'd assume, jj Aldrich, yanan, kish, Ostovich and taila Santos lots of women seem available there.

Gillian gonna have to settle for someone outside the top I'd assume, jj Aldrich, yanan, kish, Ostovich and taila Santos lots of women seem available there.

Aldrich is probably out for quite a while still with just getting out of her hand surgery.

And I think we will be officially waiting for months before being told what is going on with Ostovich and for how long she will be shelved?

Last edited:
Aldrich is probably out for quite a while still with just getting out of her hand surgery.

And I think we will be officially waiting for months before being told what is going on with Ostovich and for how long she will be shelved?

Did notice that Ostovich and family attended the Auckland card, maybe they'd booked flights to support Rachael and just went ahead with a holiday anyway despite the mystery cancellation.

Ufc ranking update:
Yan beatdown of KK jumps her up to #11 and former #14KK is off the board completely.
Tecia stayed at 12 tho because Felice dropped 2 spots.
And Hill jumps back into #15 dropping Amanda Ribas out.

Seems about right to me.

Ufc ranking update:
Yan beatdown of KK jumps her up to #11 and former #14KK is off the board completely.

Seems about right to me.
The company push of Yan has begun.

Mariya Agapova got the fight she wished for.

Ufc ranking update:

Seems about right to me.

That's some BS. Ribas is one the most promising prospects of the division

Miss Gillian, I think the UFC have found you a card, June 13 UFC Kazakhstan, enjoy the trip.

Hang on, isn't Agapova from Kazakhstan, they'd be fools not to book her.

Zaira Dyshekova (8-3-0) vs. Irina Alekseeva (3-1-0) @ GFC 26.

You'd think that Robertson would be a promotion favorite, young, more attractive than most, 4-2 in the UFC and never bothered the judges, oh and a protege of Din Thomas. But no, the girl gets sent to the furthest corners of Dana's shady Empire, never gets a bonus - Macedo has had two - and they even matched her up with Frota and her retro supplements.

Now as it happens I was disappointed with the finish against Barber, firstly because I thought that Robertson's straight punches were scoring just as well as Barber's wild swings in the moments leading up to the end, and secondly because Gillian's body language before and after the stoppage suggested she didn't really want to be there.

So where to next? Sao Paulo against Araujo might fit the lets be mean to Gillian agenda.
i guess she could fit in well as the Angela Hill/female Cerrone of the FLW, she's always tagging the matchmakers on twitter begging for an opponent, and always in the gym it looks like

Friday February 28

[VARIOUS] ONE Championship: King of the Jungle Singapore
B/R Live (US) / ONE APP – 7:30am ET / 4:30am PT
Nong Stamp (aka Stamp Fairtex) vs. Janet Todd – Kickboxing (for the ONE Kickboxing Women's Atomweight Championship)
Tiffany Teo vs. Ayaka Miura
Preliminary Card – YouTube / ONE APP – 5:00am ET / 2:00am PT
Mei Yamaguchi vs. Denice Zamboanga
Ritu Phogat vs. Chiao Chen Wu

[MMA/BOXING] Island Fights 62 Pensacola, Florida, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Taylor White vs. Julie Russell
Shayntain Creer vs. Sarah McDonald
Ursy Wallace vs. Jessica Stella

[BOXING] Ortiz vs. Castillo Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Marisa Messer-Belenchia vs. Shawna Ormsby

[MMA] Combate 56: Fresno Fresno, California, USA
Main Card – AXS TV / Fight Network / TUDN – 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT
Stephanie Frausto vs. Charisa Sigala

Saturday February 29

[MMA] Zeus FC 4 Seoul, South Korea
Main Card – Naver Sports / SpoTV / Afreeca –
Hyerin Kwon vs. Camila Rivarola

[MMA] MGC Live 2 Fight Minsk, Belarus
Main Card – iPPV (Fite.tv) – 11:00am ET / 8:00am PT
Kamila Balanda vs Alexandra Sitnikova – Kickboxing

[KICKBOXING] Glory 75: Utrecht Utrecht, Netherlands
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 3:00pm ET / 12:00pm PT
Preliminary Card – UFC Fight Pass – 1:00pm ET / 10:00pm PT
Ji Won Lee vs. Anissa Meksen
Preliminary Card – YouTube – 11:00am ET / 8:00am PT
Lorena Klijn vs. Almira Tinchurina

[MMA] SFT 21 Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Main Card -YouTube – 4:30pm ET / 1:30pm PT
Sidy Rocha vs. Kalindra Faria
Pamela Mara Assis vs. Gloria de Paula

[BOXING] Falcao vs. Miranda Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Main Card – FOX Sports (BRA) – 7:00pm ET / 4:00pm PT
Adriana Dos Santos Araujo vs. Estheliz Hernandez

[MMA] UFC on ESPN+ 27: Benavidez vs. Figueiredo Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Main Card – ESPN+ – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Felicia Spencer vs. Zarah Fairn
Megan Anderson vs. Norma Dumont

[BOXING] Buenos Aires, Argentina
Main Card – TyC Sports – 11:00pm ET / 8:00pm PT
Gabriela Celeste Alaniz vs. Anyelen Loreley Espinosa

Sunday March 1

[MMA] Shooto Brasil: Grand Prix Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Main Card – Combate (BR) – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Dayana Silva vs. Mariana Morais – Road To PFL Semifinal
Bianca Daimoni vs. Yana Gadelha – Road To PFL Semifinal
Caio Alencar vs. Alison Vicente

https://grabakahitman.wordpress.com

Sunday March 1
Bianca Daimoni vs. Yana Gadelha – Road To PFL Semifinal

Here's my rushed attempt at 'Yana Gadelha'
OgBCSoe.jpg

Speaking of Yana,
Zaira Dyshekova (8-3-0) vs. Irina Alekseeva (3-1-0) @ GFC 26.

Dyshekova > Kunitskaya > Evinger > D'Alelio > Nunes > Everyone #greatness

Last edited:
She announced on her instagram story she signed with the UFC.
then at least we won't have to see her fight in just a bra again, i don't think that's an option with reebok. that was borderline "Pearl Gonzalez weigh-ins"-tacky

Friday February 28

[MMA/BOXING] Island Fights 62 Pensacola, Florida, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Taylor White vs. Julie Russell
Shayntain Creer vs. Sarah McDonald
Ursy Wallace vs. Jessica Stella

https://grabakahitman.wordpress.com
Island Fights isn't listed on Fight Pass' schedule this week, fyi. They don't stream every Island Fight card, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.