Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she had changed her nickname to avoid a copyright confrontation with you-know-who?
She did change it to something more original but changed it back. I guess Lucie "Pitbull" Pudilova doesn't have quite the same ring to it

meh I have no interest in exhibition or amateur fights
I kinda understand Bledá is amateur but only because she turned 18 in 2020 and her professional debut was canceled because of covid19...Junior Champion of box, Junior Champion of MMA,Junior Champion of benchpress + holder of national record in benchpress(120 kg in 17 years with 64.5 kg) - her power is crazy and she is future of Czech MMA + she called out Pudilová so it should be interesting matchup and its maybe exhibition but most of matches are striking war + this card is stacked as hell (2 Glory veterans,1 Glory fighter, 1 UFC veteran and rest are world,europe,czech champions in muay-thai,kickbox,K1 + some interesting MMA fighters)

Last edited:
Over-under on the weight difference between Dern and Cifers at fight time?

I have a love/hate relationship with Cifers (seems determined and tough, but she KOed my girl). I'd like to see her pick up the win here, but don't see how it's possible. Dern will smother her.

Jarl
How is it possible? Dern comes in to the cage out of shape and unmotivated (not that hard it imagine), works hard in the first round for takedowns, and either gets denied or runs out of time to get a submission. Enters the 2nd round gassed and gets into back and forth inconsequential striking exchanges. Totally gassed in the 3rd round, and and comes up on the short end of striking exchanges combined with some weak takedown attempts. Cifers wins by split decision. How's that sound?

Anyone picking Fee over Nunes?

They reset all the likes, my likes to post ratio was more than 3x.

I see ya'll in the next life
airplane-jumping-out-window-reaction-window-tower-1385503544Y.gif

Here's the notice about the 'like purge.' https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/likes-purge.4110639/

@WMMA that gif is hilarious, I've gotta re-watch Airplane! Like both Nunes and Feenom (and hoping for a fine showing from both) but straight up I'd pick Nunes.

@Tokoloko thanks for the reminder about the fights Saturday. From your description Bleda sounds like a great prospect. Always enjoy watching Pudilova regardless of her nickname. I like Pudding Lover too @JarlSkuld :).

Saturday May 30
F4hONsk.jpg
[MMA]
Oktagon Underground 3 Slovakia
Main Card – iPPV (Oktagon.tv) – 2:00pm ET / 11:00am PT

_______

[MMA] UFC Fight Night APEX: Woodley vs. Burns
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – ESPN / ESPN+ – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Mackenzie Dern vs. Hannah Cifers
Preliminary Card – ESPN / ESPN+ – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Antonina Shevchenko

________

Sunday May 31

[MMA] Professional Shooto 2020 Vol. 3 Japan
Main Card – Abema.tv – 5:00am ET / 2:00am PT

Thanks to https://grabakahitman.wordpress.com for letting us link to their WMMA stuff here.

Ooh, any speculation on Zhang's next opponent? Maybe Rose or Tatiana?

Personally, I think Rose and Tatiana need a tune-up fight before challenging Zhang. But, you have a point. JJ's probably not up for the rematch yet...and Andrade (no way)? Gadelha didn't look impressive enough to warrant a title shot and Grasso certainly isn't ready. Suarez vs. Zhang would certainly be an interesting clash of styles...and something about somethings something styles and fights....

Jarl

Oh yeah, Rose would be coming off a loss (as would Andrade and JJ who was so close). Tatiana has been out a while with that injury. How about Gadelha and then Hill gets the winner? That fight between Gadelha and Hill was so close and Hill has been a trooper taking all those fights in the past year. Oh well I'm always looking forward to moving things along in the division. Some will complain no matter what - guess it's mainly who is available and ready to duke it out with Zhang.

Last edited:
Ming Shi just picked up her second win this month at WLF over Miao Ding. Ding is a can crusher par excellence, but with an estimated record of 13-3, is Shi’s best win on paper.

Says her next fight is June 19th.

I believe her previous win this month was over 5-1 Xue Wang. Wish it were easier to keep track of these WLF events.

In this thread a mod says everyone has 25 likes a day.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-2020-likepocalypse.4110696/page-3

Predictions for this weekend:
Dern over Cifers. Dern should use her size advantage to get Cifers to the ground & then work on submissions. Dern lost her last fight to Ribas but I think Ribas is a rising star.
Antonina Shev vs. Chook - pick em (changed my mind from earlier). Kickboxing, stand up, striking? Not sure. Wondering if Antonina wins maybe Val might announce she'll fight Zhang. (Continuing all the speculation lol).

I think a better solution would have been to keep the like system, but remove the Likes Received counter entirely. Another forum I frequent did that not too long ago, and it seems to be an improvement, really.

I think a better solution would have been to keep the like system, but remove the Likes Received counter entirely. Another forum I frequent did that not too long ago, and it seems to be an improvement, really.

That would probably not help at all. What I understood about the problem at hand was that the tech team was so inept that they could not figure out a way to do likes that are linked to the likers without creating a big mess of slowness and bazillion database queries when they reach a certain limit.

So instead of removing the function completely they do everything wrong by leaving the problem around, but making limits on its use which will not stop the critical mass from appearing again in the future. They basically ate a band-aid to cure ulcer. But I guess clicks/dollar/etc. for the like-whoring posts are more important than an actual solution (removing the stupid feature)

Status
Not open for further replies.