Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katlyn's become more well-rounded. Sitting down on her punches, getting takedowns & while in top control using her hips to dominate. Her training with Gadelha and Eubanks has helped.

Dern showed her jiu jitsu expertise. Once she got hold of Cifers' leg it was murder she wrote.
Cifers looked good for 2 min though defending takedowns and landing clean, mma is harsh only took one mistake of leaving her leg out there and not running away. And Dern got that 50k for historical sub.

I'm always baffled training with val, Antonina has no tdd. Good for Chookagian was still an interesting fight.

Katlyn's become more well-rounded. Sitting down on her punches, getting takedowns & while in top control using her hips to dominate. Her training with Gadelha and Eubanks has helped.

For a Renzo Gracie brown belt plus training with Danaher, Katlyn's BJJ was dogshit. That fight should never have made it out of the 1st minute, Antonina repeatedly gave up her neck and was way late in fighting the chokes, and Chookagian still couldn't finish. She was making white belt mistakes in positioning and grips, Antonina didn't even try to peel the arms off for the first 5-10 seconds of each choke attempt, nor did she really have her chin tucked to protect her neck. All Katlyn had to do was slide the arm under the chin and it was game over, but all she did was squeeze without properly positioning the arm or trying to get it under the chin. Like WTF are they teaching her, and HTF is she a brown belt?

I was watching the fights with my BJJ instructor buddy and he was about to throw something through the TV during this match.

Thought Antonina looked unwell during the walkout. I've got faith in Dern, hopefully she won't blow the $50k bonus on suncream and cake.

Caught a few seconds of highlights of the Pudilova fight. The teenager looked poor on the feet but was taking Lucie down easily. Also saw a quote from Bleda that the fight wasn't under full mma rules and won't count on their records. Good news for Lucie if true.

@Tokoloko how was the fight and the full card? Bleda won the split decision over Pudding Lover. Do you agree with the decision? If you were there hope you had fun at the event.
I enjoyed whole card some crazy things happened Peňáz (Glory) got knocked down by Dvořáček 18 years old MMA fighter ,Hron lost to Mané and biggest surprise of the night dominant performance by Bledá.... idk what is wrong with Pudilová but its not her... again same story like match with Kish she was outplayed by Bledá and decision was 100% right.. btw Bledá is great prospect she didnt have any respect she was good in standup and her throw power is insane... cant wait to see her in professional octagon and i think it will be rematch with Lucie

https://www.televizeseznam.cz/video...eda-dokazala-porazit-lucii-pudilovou-64066501 - some highlights from Pudilová vs Bledá

Last edited:
Really good performances by both Dern and Chookagian. I feel like Dern is 3 fights away from being 3 fights away. Strawweight is just so talented, it's hard to envision her winning against someone in the top 15 (maybe Felice). And even those who are not ranked (Mizuki, Jandiroba, Hill, Van Buren) would be really tough fights. She looked decent stiking but really struggled to get the fight to the ground, similar to her fight with Ribas. But credit to Ciffers, it is a 2 person sport at the end of the day. If only Dern could farm with Ronda and become her Judo disciple, jk. Nevertheless it was really cool to see.
I think Chokagian is top 5 in the flyweight division and she's not 5. Nevertheless she took advantage of her opponents lack of tdd, so I was not really blown away with the performance. She did what she needed to do. But it is sort of disheartening... Bantamweight and strawweight have the potential to be a lot of fun for the UFC. I don't see the exciting matchups or up and coming talent at flyweight.

Lucie Pudilová signed two contracts one with Oktagon and one with some oversea promotion i guess Invicta? So she will be fighting in Czech and also oversea .. contracts should be revealed right after pandemic situation (BTW some interesting info about her end in UFC was revealed .... managers of group RAW were supposed to negotatiate new contract with UFC after her 3rd lose ..but seems like they didnt even negotatiate with UFC and Lucie didnt know that )

Last edited:
I think Puddinglover should do a few training cycles in the US of A, it's not great for a UFC vet to lose to a teenage regional amateur (even if Bleda is the next 'Ronda' - which is her nickname apparently lol). She seems to seek out decent training partners (posts photos of herself with GDR and regularly with Czech olympic wrestler Hanzlikova - not that that stopped her getting TD'd with ease by a smaller 18 yr old boxer in this bout??) but she needs aid putting her game together for MMA, you can see the effect training at a place like ATT had on ppl like Nunes and Ribas, or how even though they have great training at home in a variety of combat sports the Dagestan guys fly out to AKA for their MMA polish.

I think Puddinglover should do a few training cycles in the US of A, it's not great for a UFC vet to lose to a teenage regional amateur (even if Bleda is the next 'Ronda' - which is her nickname apparently lol). She seems to seek out decent training partners (posts photos of herself with GDR and regularly with Czech olympic wrestler Hanzlikova - not that that stopped her getting TD'd with ease by a smaller 18 yr old boxer in this bout??) but she needs aid putting her game together for MMA, you can see the effect training at a place like ATT had on ppl like Nunes and Ribas, or how even though they have great training at home in a variety of combat sports the Dagestan guys fly out to AKA for their MMA polish.
U are right but u are wrong too :D Bledá was champion of box in juniors but her main weapon is ground and her insane power as i said 120 kg bench,130 kg squat,110 kg dead lift ...in 17 years of age and with 64,5 kg of weight and she is bigger then Pudilová too atleast taller but yes Pudilová definitely have to change her trainer and team her tactic was awfull she said she lost only because of rules but....moments like this - Pudilová tried to submit Bledá through this D'arce choke for 1,5-2 minutes in row meanwhile Bledá laughed and waved to camera it was weird match by Lucie .. hopefully it will not happen again in regular match

Here's the notice about the 'like purge.' https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/likes-purge.4110639/

@WMMA that gif is hilarious, I've gotta re-watch Airplane! Like both Nunes and Feenom (and hoping for a fine showing from both) but straight up I'd pick Nunes.

@Tokoloko thanks for the reminder about the fights Saturday. From your description Bleda sounds like a great prospect. Always enjoy watching Pudilova regardless of her nickname. I like Pudding Lover too @JarlSkuld :).

Saturday May 30
F4hONsk.jpg
[MMA]
Oktagon Underground 3 Slovakia
Main Card – iPPV (Oktagon.tv) – 2:00pm ET / 11:00am PT

_______

[MMA] UFC Fight Night APEX: Woodley vs. Burns
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – ESPN / ESPN+ – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Mackenzie Dern vs. Hannah Cifers
Preliminary Card – ESPN / ESPN+ – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Antonina Shevchenko

________

Sunday May 31

[MMA] Professional Shooto 2020 Vol. 3 Japan
Main Card – Abema.tv – 5:00am ET / 2:00am PT

Thanks to https://grabakahitman.wordpress.com for letting us link to their WMMA stuff here.

Ooh, any speculation on Zhang's next opponent? Maybe Rose or Tatiana?

@Tokoloko how was the fight and the full card? Bleda won the split decision over Pudding Lover. Do you agree with the decision? If you were there hope you had fun at the event.

Lucie Pudilová vs Tereza Bledá

Magdaléna Šormová vs Tereza Dvořáková

Btw Tereza Dvořáková fall in love with small gloves and MMA so she will be on Oktagons Bantamweight roster same as Pudilová,Bledá and Šormová in Strawweight womans Oktagon roster is getting better and better

Last edited:
This was posted the page before, from Antonina's instagram (below), seems the 'allofwmma' boiz felt the need to touch it up with photoshop to make it look more dramatic though #fakenews

Thanks for letting us know.
I just now unfollowed them because of this.
I’ve seen their work before. They don’t do any airbrushing or anything, it’s just the filter they use, makes everything look more emphasized. They use that same filter on every photo.

I'm curious besides Justine Kish & Mackenzie Dern has Blackhouse MMA ever trained any other
women since they seem to be one of those gyms like a Team Oyama that was big years earlier
but can still put out decent or exceptional talent time to time.

Is anyone here giving Spencer much of a chance this weekend? As far as the odds go, looks like Nunes is currently around -600.

I'm not but I'm pumped for the fight. Spencer's a true featherweight so she doesn't have to go up in weight. She isn't afraid of bigger opponents and can take shots. She's not crisp in her standup game, it's more a brawling style trying to force things to the ground. She's better at jiu jitsu and has had success particularly via rear naked choke. Still, Nunes might be better in all areas. You may want to watch some of Felicia's Invicta bouts then watch her UFC fights (victories over Anderson & Dos Santos and a decision loss to Cyborg).

I'm not but I'm pumped for the fight. Spencer's a true featherweight so she doesn't have to go up in weight. She isn't afraid of bigger opponents and can take shots. She's not crisp in her standup game, it's more a brawling style trying to force things to the ground. She's better at jiu jitsu and has had success particularly via rear naked choke. Still, Nunes might be better in all areas. You may want to watch some of Felicia's Invicta bouts then watch her UFC fights (victories over Anderson & Dos Santos and a decision loss to Cyborg).
Yea, I've seen all their fights. I'm just trying to get some discussion going on a slow week.

Status
Not open for further replies.