Official Women's Division Discussion #27

So I saw someone say something about it on Twitter, but of all Hill’s UFC wins, they have terrible records in the UFC, barring Maryna Moroz. Yoder 2-5, Moroz 5-2, Esquibel 0-4, Carnelossi 0-1, Cifers 2-5, Lookboonmee 1-1. Every ranked fighter she has faced, she lost. I know Waterson is coming in off two straight L’s, but I don’t understand Hill being the favorite in the betting odds.

So I saw someone say something about it on Twitter, but of all Hill’s UFC wins, they have terrible records in the UFC, barring Maryna Moroz. Yoder 2-5, Moroz 5-2, Esquibel 0-4, Carnelossi 0-1, Cifers 2-5, Lookboonmee 1-1. Every ranked fighter she has faced, she lost. I know Waterson is coming in off two straight L’s, but I don’t understand Hill being the favorite in the betting odds.

To be fair. Most people believe that Hill beat Cláudia but judges got it wrong. Me included

Personally, I think Hill is way better on the feet and that Waterson can’t match her volume. I also think that Waterson is gonna struggle taking Hill down.

IMO Hill should be the favorite.

Maryna was also in the middle of a bad slump where she set the all-time record for lowest striking percentage at something like 6%.

As for the matchup against Waterson, Hill is one of the reasonably decent punchers in WMMA while Michelle has always struggled against boxers who throw volume at her. On paper it's a favourable matchup for Hill, but I wouldn't be surprised with either one of them throwing the fight away.

i was in the same boat of thinking with Hill but her performance vs Claudia made me back off some. Maybe Claudia has regressed some but I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

That'll be three UFC main events for Michelle Watercan now, is that a non-title fight WMMA record (& it's probably up there with the title fighters too)?

Does calling her Watercan have to do with living in Esparzastan?

Hai Karate chop!!

/s I enjoy & respect both. And you too buddeh.

Last edited:

Though it doesn't seem right in terms of levels of opponents, it's understandable to me that Hill's a slight favorite based on their past 3 or 4 performances. Should be an interesting fight and hopefully an exciting one.

Last edited:
Heck, the Waterson/Hill card has three main card ladyfights... (or two and a half ladyfights + Eubanks) in a row? Kinda helps planning my sleeping schedule, as nothing really is a must watch except Waterson and Avila on the whole card, but it's about guessing when to wake up, then :D

So happy for Michelle and Angela. Sometimes they go above and beyond to save their main event, but this time they're trusting the ladies.

If I'm not mistaken, they moved Santos vs Texeira to the October 3rd card. Hopefully Holly and Irene remain the headliners.

i was in the same boat of thinking with Hill but her performance vs Claudia made me back off some. Maybe Claudia has regressed some but I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

Many fans and professionals thought Angela won that one. Also her fight vs Yan Xiaonan was very close too.

[MUAY THAI] Muay Hardcore Thailand
Dangkongfah vs. Daniela Lopez
Main Card – YouTube / Facebook / TV8 – 8:00am ET / 5:00am PT

Dangkongfah is 1-1 against ONE's new champ Allycia Rodrigues; both fights being fairly close brawls. She is also 1-0 as an amateur in mma as "Ploy Fairtex", but I don't think she's training for that anymore. Not sure if ONE would pick her up, but they have signed several fighters from this promotion recently (Allycia Hellen, Milagros Lopez, Brooke Farrel, Marie Ruumet).

Back