Official Women's Division Discussion #27

^ This might backfire against them. Those commentators can't even attempt to make it seem like Srisen is there to be a more than a sacrifice. Lee is larger (of course), but it's her debut... We know how debut jitters are a thing.

this weekend's ufc picks - SHOCKING UPSET! edition:
alexis davis v. sabina mazo: the expectation is for mazo to kick davis' head off so the SHOCKING UPSET! pick is for davis to grind mazo out for a UD.
angela hill v. ashley yoder: as above but with the SHOCKING UPSET! pick being that yoder subs hill :(
montana de la rosa v. mayra bueno silva: i heckin' love mayra bueno silva and would love to see a slick sub coming from her so no SHOCKING UPSET! pick here.

@werepig I like your SHOCKING UPSET! edition of picks. Hot takes & spicy upsets. Whatever happens we'll be pleasantly surprised by the zany results. I often pick underdogs so it feels kinda shocking I'm going with all the favorites.

Montana De La Rosa vs. Mayra Bueno Silva. Silva. Good grappler. De La Rosa is tough and should make it a scrap. Silva just has excellent talents on getting it to the ground & doing strong stuff there.

Angela Hill vs. Ashley Yoder. Hill. Angela's been on the losing end of some very close calls. Here it's time for her to shine.

Alexis Davis vs. Sabina Mazo. Mazo. Love watching Sabina Mazo. Her kickboxing skills are entertaining. She has a good sense of range control and she's surprisingly strong in the clinch. Her youth and overall talents should razzmatazz the more predictable methods of smothering.

Just for the record I'm not claiming to know Invicta's financial status but if I had to guess Shannon
is probably struggling financially since she had to loss money on all of the events after the Phoenix
Series Bantamweights card since all events after that were spectator free and what it snowballed
to was she ended up in debt resulting in a provisional April date not confirmed with said event if
it takes place at all being given away for free do to no Fight Pass deal.

My picks are the same as Purple Storm, dammit.

I think Silva out-grapples DLR. If it stays on the feet it will be a sloppy fight.
Hill just out-athletes Yoder, dammit. I like Yoder but I cannot pick in her favor.
I really like Davis as one of the real old guard that never seems to get enough credit for what she has done. However, Mazo is too good on the feet for Davis to get it to the ground (including clinch work).

If I am wrong I can at least say I was influenced by Purple Storm during a moment of weakness.
:)

My picks are the same as Purple Storm, dammit.

I think Silva out-grapples DLR. If it stays on the feet it will be a sloppy fight.
Hill just out-athletes Yoder, dammit. I like Yoder but I cannot pick in her favor.
I really like Davis as one of the real old guard that never seems to get enough credit for what she has done. However, Mazo is too good on the feet for Davis to get it to the ground (including clinch work).

If I am wrong I can at least say I was influenced by Purple Storm during a moment of weakness.
:)

Outrageous, egregious and shocking! :)

Enjoy the fights everyone!

I hate when people who choose to practice extremely restrictive diets complain about the difficulties of it. You made a choice, live with it. Also, shop smarter. Organic, no gluten or dairy? Yeah, have fun with that.

Lol, who pissed in your cheerios?

^ Dana's public shaming lit a fire up her ass. Which makes me think Dana wasn't lying (shocking, right?) about Namajunas not wanting the fight. I'll be hoping Weili wins in very convincing fashion, and we won't have to deal with Namajunas anymore as a result.

If I were Valentina, I'd be out to make a statement against Andrade. 5th title defense, former title challenger a division above, and will have to co-headline for the strawweights. Follow Joanna's footprint and make Jessica look like she doesn't belong in the cage with her, for five whole rounds. Show these strawweights that you're better than both against their former opponent, and set up the superfight against Weili.

Yoder would get an invitation to my private island if she didn't sound like Hill on helium, I'm picking her for the upset though, so unfair after Hill's two shady split decision losses, but there it is.

Silva's body language suggested she's a winner and young Mazo to beat the vet.

Just for the record I'm not claiming to know Invicta's financial status but if I had to guess Shannon
is probably struggling financially since she had to loss money on all of the events after the Phoenix
Series Bantamweights card since all events after that were spectator free and what it snowballed
to was she ended up in debt resulting in a provisional April date not confirmed with said event if
Having been to three Invicta events, they were never relying on ticket sales to make a profit. If they were, they would have folded with or without the Fight Pass deal.
Lol, who pissed in your cheerios?
Nobody. I just can’t stand people making a big deal out of their first world problems. Don’t like the price of organic food? Eat the GMO food.most of the benefits of eating organic food are imaginary.

man that is super depressing :(

I think I'd be more inclined to punch the ref than this obviously beaten opponent.

kim winslow would be proud

Anyone notice anything strange here? Lee's opponent never even tries to fight the choke. Even people who never trained instinctively tries to fight the choke. There is a moment before the choke is locked in that she has 2 free hands. She decides to keep both on the mat until it was time to tap.

<EdgyBrah>

Anyone notice anything strange here? Lee's opponent never even tries to fight the choke. Even people who never trained instinctively tries to fight the choke. There is a moment before the choke is locked in that she has 2 free hands. She decides to keep both on the mat until it was time to tap.

<EdgyBrah>

Hehe, the thing that more amused me was the LOUD WHISTLE from someone outside the cage JUST THE EXACT MOMENT DIRECTLY BEFORE THE TAP - like "TAP NOW!"

Allcaps like proper tinfoil! =P

Back