Official Women's Division Discussion #27

You a TLOU2 fan?
I haven't played it myself, but I watched somebody else's playthrough. I liked the characters of TLOU, so TLOU2 was rough emotionally. But I thought TLOU2 bravely taught some lessons that a great many people today need to learn.

There was a lot of controversy surrounding Abby before the game got released, a lot of people thinking she was trans

Controversy over something that only matters to shitheads. All types of people inhabit this world, no need to exclude any ot them from stories told.

That improved grappling on full display I guess.

Ha! I was all kinds of wrong, I thought Lee's best bet was to clinch, but she got her ass handed to her there.

3-3 for Antonina, her contract is up with this fight. Me thinks they'll resign her, but she really needs to get it together or she'll keep trading losses and wins.

I had Mazany winning simply because Priscilla is a mess. I like Priscilla and wanted her to win, so I'm glad I was wrong, but booooy is she a hot mess. Mazany might need to move back up, if her gas tank can't handle wrestling for a round. She was Gadelha levels of gassed. Cachoeria vs Carolina next please.

The one I wasn't wrong about: Chookagian beat Araujo. Vivi also needs to get her shit together, poor gas tank, and a stationary target once she's out of energy. 30 - 27 might've been suspicious, but it kinda makes sense depending on how you judge the fight. Round 1 was a toss up, and round 2 was close too. Only round 3 was clearly Chookagian's.

That commentary was bad though, they were pushing for Araujo to win, and even made up an imaginary tap to shit on Katlyn, more than they already had. DC and Rogan are AWFUL together.

Controversy over something that only matters to shitheads. All types of people inhabit this world, no need to exclude any ot them from stories told.
The controversy was caused by the people cheering it on. Everyone else was just pissed by a terrible storyline. That’s a subject for another sub forum, however.

The controversy was caused by the people cheering it on. Everyone else was just pissed by a terrible storyline. That’s a subject for another sub forum, however.
I loved the storyline. A lot of people just did not like what happened to their favorite characters. The whole point of the franchise and its name is that its a struggle to survive in that world. Sooner or later your time will come. There is no way for a real happy ending in that world. You have to do too many bad things to survive but those same bad things will come back on you in the end.

Glad seeing Bi Nguyen get a victory. She's had some close losses and keeps grinding.

Gina Mazany vs. Priscila Cachoeira. Surprised how hard Mazany gassed after the strong round one. Priscilla stalked the prey and did the kaboom. That's two ko's in her last two fights.

Andrea Lee vs. Antonina Shevchenko. Lee put it all together and dominated, getting the finish. She looked confident throughout. Lee deserved one of the POTN bonuses imo.

Katlyn Chookagian vs. Viviane Araujo. Thought Viviane won the first two rounds & held on in the third for a 29-28 victory. All three judges scored it for Chook and one negligent judge even gave her a 30-27. Checked with play by play article here. All three writers gave the first two rounds to Viviane for the 29-28 win.

The controversy was caused by the people cheering it on.

Oh, really? If there is a leaked piece of information, before release, about a character in the story being trans, and some people cheer for that, how is that causing a controversy? I see no controversy there. There isn't any controversy until somebody starts objecting to it. THEN there is a controversy. Two opposing sides. So how in hell could the people cheering it on CAUSE the controversy? Clearly it was those who hated the idea who caused the controversy.

I skipped the Chook/Ajauro and went for a nap after Lando, until the main eventses. Seems like I won't bother with the replay on that one. But 2/3 did entertain me, so that was nice.

Next couple of weeks are gonna be super bueno. Invicta's return and One's GP stuff & Xiong VS. Nicolini. Yay :)

Oh, really? If there is a leaked piece of information, before release, about a character in the story being trans, and some people cheer for that, how is that causing a controversy? I see no controversy there. There isn't any controversy until somebody starts objecting to it. THEN there is a controversy. Two opposing sides. So how in hell could the people cheering it on CAUSE the controversy? Clearly it was those who hated the idea who caused the controversy.
The controversy was caused when it was revealed that Joel was killed by Abby (at the time a presumed trans, because she was a muscular chick, whioch was cheered on by woke games journalists, as a result of terrible writing. Fans of the original game got pissed, because his behavior leading to him getting killed was out of character for him. Fans of Abby (mostly woke gaming journalists) went nuts because they automatically went to the transphobe argument, because that's what hack journalists and twitter slacktivists do.

back to the wmma discussion.

ONE: Dangal
Miura vs Bastos: So far, the only way people have beaten Miura's ground game have done so by avoiding the ground game completely and beating her on the feet. Bastos was not able to do that.

Nguyen vs Phogat:
Okay, close one. I certainly understand the people saying Phogat got robbed, but once I went over the scoring citeria several times, and really considered it, I understand giving it to Nguyen. Bi showed more urgency to finish, especially in the third, threw more striking combos, outlanded Ritu on the feet in every round. Showed good defense on the ground, and stayed active in guard, landing strikes, roughly equal to Ritu. The one or two times Ritu was able to pass guard (a neutral position), she didn't do anything with it. Lastly, she was the more aggressive fighter late in the fight, which is weighed more heavily. Definitely threw a wrench in ONE's plans, but Ritu would have gotten exposed anyway.

Cachoeira over Mazany: Mazany was doing well, then gassed out and made the mistake of standing stationary in front of Zombie Girl. Big mistake. Never stand stationary in front of a Zombie.

KGB over Big Shev: KGB was smart. Went to Big Shev's weakness, and got it done. Lucky she got the tap when she did. She'd have been doing the stanky leg at the end of the round.

Blonde Fighter over Araujo: Araujo's fuel consumption is equivalent to a 60's muscle car, while Chook's is equivalent to a Prius. Combine that with their difering striking styles (Araujo's looping full power hooks that often miss to Chook's point fighting with jabs and kicks), and the outcome isn't surprising. Araujo is never gonna get past where she is without big changes. Chook meanwhile is stuck: She's number two but not gonna get another title, so she has to knock off any and every contender until the title picture comes back to her and she can't be ignored. It's an unenviable position.

When the UFC announced those $75k bonuses I just thought yeah nice one Dana, you're just going to top them up from that $100k you usually have to dish out to battlers on every card. Anyway I hope that's not the case and that there's still something left over for Zombie Girl and KGB ....... they deserve it.

Chook meanwhile is stuck: She's number two but not gonna get another title, so she has to knock off any and every contender until the title picture comes back to her and she can't be ignored. It's an unenviable position.

Agreed, it sucks. Imagine knowing that the next title shot might go to a woman you've already beat convincingly, while you have to fend off prospects in the meantime. Calderwood and Murphy are just waiting for the next turn to get butchered, meanwhile the rest of the contenders are coming off a loss or have already lost to Katlyn. Depending on what Andrade decides to do, Chookagian vs Grasso could very well be the next title eliminator.

The controversy was caused when it was revealed that Joel was killed by Abby (at the time a presumed trans, because she was a muscular chick, whioch was cheered on by woke games journalists, as a result of terrible writing.

Speaking of terrible writing, your writing is really incoherent and nonsensical. If you were referring to the game-authors' writing as the terrible writing, how would anybody know the writing was terrible before the game was released? This is a time, according to your own words, that Abby was wrongly presumed, based on some "leaks", to be the trans character, so how does anybody know enough about the writing to know it is "terrible"?

Fans of the original game got pissed, because his behavior leading to him getting killed was out of character for him.

WTF are you talking about? Are you familiar with the game at all? I see no conceivable way anyone can argue "his behavior leading to him getting killed was out of character for him." Players of the original game played out that behavior themselves when they killed the doctor who was going to fatally operate on Ellie to get a cure! That doctor was Abby's father, and one of the world's only hopes to make a vaccine. Revenge for that is why she killed Joel.

Fans of Abby (mostly woke gaming journalists) went nuts because they automatically went to the transphobe argument, because that's what hack journalists and twitter slacktivists do.

Sounds to me like you are desperately trying to twist history to protect transphobia.

Antonina looked bad

Yeah, it looks like Andrea gave her the derp curse in the 2nd. All Antonina needed to do was keep her right arm tucked somewhere around Andrea's butt and circle to her left to get a bit of breathing room in the triangle, then wait for Lee to gas herself out. But she kept leaving her arm right on top and turning the wrong way which let Andrea keep the triangle locked on way longer than she had any right to. Antonina leaving her arm out to be grabbed is a bad habit I've talked since the restart of her MMA career, she's done it in almost every fight and this time it finally cost her.

The Gina vs. Priscila fight was rather surprising. Priscila actually understands the basics of defending on the ground and how to stand up. Gina on the other hand was a hot mess on the feet, she's trying to trade early with her feet square and her butt on the fence before finally remembering to use the takedown. And after the questionable ref stand up in the 2nd, she gets backed into the fence repeatedly and wailed on until she went down. You had one job - stay away from the completely telegraphed right hand, and she walks into it.

Katlyn vs. Vivi was not a good fight, with even worse judging. Vivi beat her cleanly in the 1st, then started walking right into Katlyn's front kicks every time until she finally caught one for a takedown. Chook had maybe 20-30 seconds of good work after standing back up, but after that she was getting hit with the harder shots even though Vivi was completely out of gas. Should've been another round lost, but somehow one of the paint huffers scored it 30-27 for Katlyn. I thought the fight was an easy 28-27 for Vivi, but apparently grunting & punching air scores points now. I want to see Joanna go back up to 125 and take Katlyn to school.

Back