Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

Ya, I know the PS5 Haptic's are console specific. I just don't want to use the Xbox controller. Looks clunky and large and I'm used to the PS controllers. But I agree, Xbox should hop on that. I think it's a pretty awesome feature outside of Multiplayer FPS games.

PS5 controller is actually bigger now. Crazy huh?
https://screenrant.com/ps5-dualsense-xbox-series-x-controller-comparison-size/
ps5-vs-xbox-series-x-controllers.jpg

upload_2021-7-30_15-29-34.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-7-30_15-29-11.png
    upload_2021-7-30_15-29-11.png
    911.6 KB · Views: 1
Xbox 360 is still the GOAT for ergonomics.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

See, I wasn’t a fan of the 360 at all. I didn’t think they modified it that much although I never played on an One. I just remember the 360 feeling like you were holding a large toy.

Picked up a Series S for my kid today for Christmas. Wasn't really thinking about getting one but saw my local Target had a few in stock for pick up only and jumped at the chance. Would hate to be coming up on the holidays and decide to pick one up to have them out of stock everywhere. Kind of a selfish purchase since I want him to have an upgraded console for when we play together. My kids so lucky his dad is such a nerd.

Picked up a Series S for my kid today for Christmas. Wasn't really thinking about getting one but saw my local Target had a few in stock for pick up only and jumped at the chance. Would hate to be coming up on the holidays and decide to pick one up to have them out of stock everywhere. Kind of a selfish purchase since I want him to have an upgraded console for when we play together. My kids so lucky his dad is such a nerd.

This is how I feel when my son and I game together against the world. Yeah, I'm the old guy! :)

I’ll definitely be giving Infinite a shot but to be honest BF2042 has me most hyped as far as FPS coming out this fall go.

If it weren’t for GamePass I don’t know how long it would take me to pick Halo up so this is where GamePass really shines for me.

Who knows, I might end up playing Halo more than 2042. Only have to buy one though.

British Krispy-Kreme's only?!?!
That's some bulljive! :mad:

Xbox doughnut review: Creamy goodness with a surprise inside
The Xbox doughnut is a sweet treat with an even sweeter reward.

xbox-doughnut-close.jpg

"The Xbox doughnut is only available Aug. 2-22, 2021. It's also only available in the U.K. I doubt it would make its way through customs, so anyone not in the U.K. is probably out of luck. At least people in the U.S. have Moa Pringles."

You don't have to purchase a dozen Xbox doughnuts for the code to get a month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I got a sharing box with only a single Xbox doughnut in it and still had the code on the box.

Xbox doughnut review: Creamy goodness with a surprise inside | Windows Central

Wait until Christmas...

Meaning, they'll go up in price because they'll be the 'Gift of the season' or they'll be lower in price because Microsoft will be sure stores will have them in stock?

Meaning, they'll go up in price because they'll be the 'Gift of the season' or they'll be lower in price because Microsoft will be sure stores will have them in stock?

I'm sorry that I left it ambiguous. Unless there's a bump up in supply, my opinion is that you'll find the Series S going for bigger bucks than right now on the aftermarket. More and more people are cutting the cable and going unlimited internet. GamePass is just killing it right now.

Now the Series X?

To the moon. That's just my opinion though.

Taken from the Digital Foundry tech overview of Halo Infinite.

"Beyond the tech specs discussion, the technical preview seems to have gone down well with the player base - and in our opinion, rightfully so. In gameplay terms, 343 looks set to deliver a multiplayer experience that feels authentically like a classic Halo game with plenty of innovation to set it apart. While initially the idea of a bot match doesn't sound appealing on paper (PvP was only unlocked right at the end of the weekend), what we saw was a good AI implementation and not the cannon fodder you might otherwise expect. The bots were good opponents, seeking out valuable weapons and kit, and even exhibiting signs of teamwork. The original Halo games put an emphasis on strong AI within the campaign and hopefully, this is a sign of similar things to come with Halo Infinite.

We talk about this more in the DF Direct, but while direct comparisons with last year's gameplay reveal are difficult owing to the lack of commonality in content (campaign vs multiplayer), there are clear signs of substantial improvements in terms of material response and lighting - key reasons why the game's first showing in real-time looked rather flat. Just the improvement in lighting, shadowing and materials on the view weapon is significant, hinting that the time spent on the game since its delay has been well spent. Of course we should expect some technical issues with early code but ultimately, we can chalk this up as a highly promising, successful and well-received hands-on gameplay debut. Halo Infinite looks to be back on track and we can't wait to see more."

Back