Ok boys. Buy or Sell on these starting QBs going into the season

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Lot of question marks here. What are we thinking?

Zach Wilson- New York Jets
Sam Darnold- Carolina Panthers
Jameis Winston- Saints
Daniel Jones- Giants
Drew Lock- Broncos
Tua Tagovailoa- Dolphins
Jalen Hurts- Eagles
Carson Wentz- Colts
Jimmy G- Niners
Dak- Cowboys
Trevor Lawrence- Jags
Cam- Patriots
Baker Mayfield- Browns
Kyler Murray- Arizona
Matt Ryan- Falcons

I think for me
Zach- I dunno. Sell I guess because the Jets are shit and he probably will have no chance to throw
Sam- seriously no idea....see above but with a new team
Jameis- Sell
Jones- actually going to buy but I think we will know if this is correct by October
Lock- Sell
TT- Sell. Sorry. I don't think he is going to make it
Hurts- Buy
Jimmy- Buy for now but on a short leash
Dak- Uhhhhhhh. I guess buy.
Trevor- Sell. I think he is fucked in Jacksonville.
Cam- Sell: Send him to the glue factory
Baker- Buy. He is good enough
Kyler- Buy
Matt- Boy... i dunno. maybe sell. how much does he have left?

Jimmy G has the number three pick sitting behind him. They didn't bring that guy in as a project. The Niners are a great all around team, which lends itself to quarterback success, but its clear management sees Jimmy as the weak link. Jimmy's going to be a back up before the year is out.

I hope you are wrong about Trevor. I hate seeing quality guys ruined on poor teams.

Cam is on the bench to start the season or shortly thereafter imo. It's going to be the new kid they drafted.

I think Darnold might succeed. He struggled so bad on the Jets, but you could see moments where he showed some talent. A guy like that just needs a chance to start over. If they can run most of their offense through McAffrey, Darnold will have a chance.

Baker, buy. Not quite as good as his fanboys make him, but a lot better than his critics paint him.

Jimmy G has the number three pick sitting behind him. They didn't bring that guy in as a project. The Niners are a great all around team, which lends itself to quarterback success, but its clear management sees Jimmy as the weak link. Jimmy's going to be a back up before the year is out.

I hope you are wrong about Trevor. I hate seeing quality guys ruined on poor teams.

Cam is on the bench to start the season or shortly thereafter imo. It's going to be the new kid they drafted.

I think Darnold might succeed. He struggled so bad on the Jets, but you could see moments where he showed some talent. A guy like that just needs a chance to start over. If they can run most of their offense through McAffrey, Darnold will have a chance.

Baker, buy. Not quite as good as his fanboys make him, but a lot better than his critics paint him.
my way minority opinion is I don't think Trevor has it......

Good mechanics but his decision making and arm strength I question a bit

He looked good in college. I don't have a good enough eye to know what exactly translates and what doesn't. If he sucks I'll remember you were the first I heard say it.

What do you think about Burrows in Cincinnati?

Zach Wilson- New York Jets - buy
Sam Darnold- Carolina Panthers - sell
Jameis Winston- Saints - sell
Daniel Jones- Giants - sell
Drew Lock- Broncos - sell
Tua Tagovailoa- Dolphins - sell
Jalen Hurts- Eagles - buy
Carson Wentz- Colts - buy
Jimmy G- Niners - sell
Dak- Cowboys - buy
Trevor Lawrence- Jags - buy
Cam- Patriots - sell
Baker Mayfield- Browns - buy
Kyler Murray- Arizona - buy
Matt Ryan- Falcons - buy

He looked good in college. I don't have a good enough eye to know what exactly translates and what doesn't. If he sucks I'll remember you were the first I heard say it.

What do you think about Burrows in Cincinnati?

There is nothing about Trevor Lawrence that makes anyone think he can't. If he's a bust it's not because of the tangible skills he's showing on film.

He's one of the best prospects I've ever seen. Only guys above him in my memory are Rodgers and Luck and in my "crazy" view, Josh Allen. Other guys scouts would put ahead are like, Jim Kelly, John Elway, Peyton Manning, and Ryan Leaf. I think Carson Palmer might be up there too but I'm a little too young for him as well. Trevor Lawrence is a top 10 and arguably top 10 prospect ever at QB.

There is nothing about Trevor Lawrence that makes anyone think he can't. If he's a bust it's not because of the tangible skills he's showing on film.

He's one of the best prospects I've ever seen. Only guys above him in my memory are Rodgers and Luck and in my "crazy" view, Josh Allen. Other guys scouts would put ahead are like, Jim Kelly, John Elway, Peyton Manning, and Ryan Leaf. I think Carson Palmer might be up there too but I'm a little too young for him as well. Trevor Lawrence is a top 10 and arguably top 10 prospect ever at QB.

Your first sentence is demonstrably false, but I pretty much agree with the rest.

Show me then lol

Sure thing.
You said:
There is nothing about Trevor Lawrence that makes anyone think he can't.

Here's a guy in this very thread who thinks Lawrence is a lot less than he's cracked up to be. That comment demonstrates that its not true that there's nothing about Lawrence that makes people think he can't make it as a quarterback.

Sure thing.
You said:

Here's a guy in this very thread who thinks Lawrence is a lot less than he's cracked up to be. That comment demonstrates that its not true that there's nothing about Lawrence that makes people think he can't make it as a quarterback.

yeah, idk what the fuck he's watching because Lawrence is quick as shit for the college level when it comes to reads.

His offense wasn't incredibly complicated.

His biggest obstacle will be recognizing protections.

yeah, idk what the fuck he's watching because Lawrence is quick as shit for the college level when it comes to reads.

His offense wasn't incredibly complicated.

His biggest obstacle will be recognizing protections.

One of my favorite parts about sports is watching all the predictions play out. Seems like the overwhelming majority see Lawrence as a sure thing. But @XThe GreatestX has planted that flag, and if Lawrence comes up short, he'll be one of the few to say it in advance.

Dak
Baker
Murray

Maaaayyyybe Jammmis

Fuck everyone else.

Zach Wilson- New York Jets BUY -Long term
Sam Darnold- Carolina Panthers- sell
Jameis Winston- Saints -SELL
Daniel Jones- Giants - sell
Drew Lock- Broncos -SELL
Tua Tagovailoa- Dolphins -sell
Jalen Hurts- Eagles -SELL
Carson Wentz- Colts -sell
Jimmy G- Niners -sell
Dak- Cowboys -BUY
Trevor Lawrence- Jags BUY
Cam- Patriots -SELL
Baker Mayfield- Browns -BUY
Kyler Murray- Arizona -BUY
Matt Ryan- Falcons - buy

Zach Wilson, the future is bright, but at the end of the tunnel, tunnel being Jets current talent level.
Immediate future is not great.

I expect Sam Darnold to play better, but I don't think he will ever be a top 20 talent.

Jameis should be better with Sean Payton's more horizontal offense, but I think his traits (too many turnover worthy plays) can be improved, but not fixed. Saints will need a long term solution at QB. Winston and Hill are not the answers.

Daniel Jones O-line is crap. They added some decent weapons, but I feel like he is being setup to fail.

Carson Wentz was incredible at the start of his career. It seems like he has not gotten over his injuries. Whether its a physical problem or a mental one, I don't see him regaining his form.

Jimmy G has gone from being way overrated to being underrated. He is a decent starting QB, but with his injury history he is just too unreliable.

The really interesting ones IMO are Trey Lance, Justin Fields and Mac Jones. I am going to hold on the long term prospects of Lance and Fields. I am going to buy on Mac Jones.

Last edited:
Justin Herbert gets rookie of the year and doesnt even get a mention. This thread is trash.

Ya'll are all wrong about Drew.
You'll see.

Zach Wilson- Hold. He's good but the Jets are trash top to bottom
Sam Darnold- Sell, he's okay but he's extremely limited.
Jameis Winston- Sell, He's not going to get them a ring
Daniel Jones- Buy, Danny can ball. Amazing footwork, super smart.
Drew Lock- Buy, he had horrible luck last year.
Tua Tagovailoa- Sell. Arm sucks, bad decisions
Jalen Hurts- Sell, tentatively though. He runs with his head down. Oof
Carson Wentz- Sell, can't stay healthy
Jimmy G- Buy, I think he balls out this year
Dak- Buy, Dak's good
Trevor Lawrence- Buy, huge talent and will be catered to like no one before him
Cam- Sell, Cam's still okay, but too banged up and Mac is going to take over sooner rather than later
Baker Mayfield- Buy, people still really doubt Baker? lol Dude is a stud. May never be a HOF'r or Superbowl winner but the guy is a beast
Kyler Murray- Buy, but tentative. I doubted Kyler but it always feels like one thing going wrong could undo his whole career
Matt Ryan- Buy, Matty Ice still got it.

I don't know what the buy or sell factor is...just having a good QB season?

If that's the case, bet your fuckin' mortgage on Dak bud.

I can't say the Cowboys themselves will be a huge success, but in this offense with these pass catchers, Dak can put up 5k

Back