Oktagon 36 MMA, Saturday, October 14, Germany

I like Hajdarpasic as a dog here. Former heavyweight coming down in weight who's a good boxer. Poppeck has a good jab, but I like Nermin on the feet. Poppeck I don't think has particularly good wrestling and Hajdarpasic was able to keep getting up and make the absolutely massive Smajic work when he fought him.

I like Eckerlin, Kristofic and Puetz as parlay material too.

Cordero opened as a small favourite for a reason, IMO. Bahnik is a 155er who has been smashing undersized 155 cans, and is now going up against a guy who generally fights at 170+ catchweights. They are both strikers without much grappling ability from what I've seen, who mostly make use of their hands. Bahnik is 6'0", Cordero ~5'11". I'd be interested to see a weigh-in pic, to see if Cordero looks noticeably bigger.

Cordero opened as a small favourite for a reason, IMO. Bahnik is a 155er who has been smashing undersized 155 cans, and is now going up against a guy who generally fights at 170+ catchweights. They are both strikers without much grappling ability from what I've seen, who mostly make use of their hands. Bahnik is 6'0", Cordero ~5'11". I'd be interested to see a weigh-in pic, to see if Cordero looks noticeably bigger.

I wouldn't call Cucciniello and Grimshaw cans, but it's fair to say they're both featherweight journeyman. I hadn't really thought of the size difference tbh. I'll maybe tape the Cholo fight.

I am thinking about the Hosseinpour (+150)/Bartl fight. Hosseinpour opened (-160).

Bartl is a good MT striker, who drops decisions left and right in MMA. I'd be interested to know how 10-13 Siroky was able to beat him, if anyone finds tape (OKTAGON 29). Bartl's TDD was terrible against Dauliatov, but that was all the way back in 2019.

Hosseinpour is nothing special, but he was able to find takedowns against Rysavy. The problem was he kept going to his back to escape guillotines.

Kertesz/Jungwirth is a rematch of this 2021 fight:

IMO, if Jungwirth doesn't tire himself going for takedowns from 10 feet away, he has a good shot here.

Bartl is a good MT striker, who drops decisions left and right in MMA. I'd be interested to know how 10-13 Siroky was able to beat him, if anyone finds tape (OKTAGON 29). Bartl's TDD was terrible against Dauliatov, but that was all the way back in 2019.
Bartl went all in at start and almost finished Siroky, but Siroky survived and then used wrestling to control Bartl. Siroky is tough fighter with great chin and his score could be much better if he dropped weightclass...

Last edited:
Is Hatef worth putting on a parlay? I remember Kimball being awful in his UFC run (literally tripped himself and got TKO'd in his UFC debut) and I see he's at HW now, which tells me he's let himself go as well.

I don't trust this Cordero. He's pretty decent offensively but his chin is there to be hit and his TDD absolutely sucks. He was quite lucky Cholo is a gassy midget imo.

Jungwirth (+155) $200 to win $310
Cordero (+375) $50 to win $187.50

Saw the Poppeck fight got updated on tapology (Alex killed the other guy) which was the first one on the main card, anyone know if the Hathaway fight already happened? Didn't bet it but curious to see if John's return is successful.

Saw the Poppeck fight got updated on tapology (Alex killed the other guy) which was the first one on the main card, anyone know if the Hathaway fight already happened? Didn't bet it but curious to see if John's return is successful.
They are fighting now, rd1. John is winning so far

Back