Old Head Thread

BluntTrauma21

Broner Brodie / Pulev Posse
@Gold
Reaction score
Hey brahs, it's BluntTrauma21 here. Some of you might remember me as a reg from years ago even before us degens had our own forum and some of you prob never heard or give a fuck who I am which is completely reasonable as well.

Either side of the coin I was just wondering who is still hanging around from the older days? What did I miss? Been a minute since I been here but I kinda miss my old heads from back in the day. Please check in and tell me what's up, even if your, um, identity has changed since I last knew you.

Hope everybody's good. I see @mkess101 and @PuertoRican are still holding it down shouts to you guys. Feeliing nostalgic rn so thought I'd check in. Also 4th time a charm for Izzy? I'm actually leaning yes!

Hey brahs, it's BluntTrauma21 here. Some of you might remember me as a reg from years ago even before us degens had our own forum and some of you prob never heard or give a fuck who I am which is completely reasonable as well.

Either side of the coin I was just wondering who is still hanging around from the older days? What did I miss? Been a minute since I been here but I kinda miss my old heads from back in the day. Please check in and tell me what's up, even if your, um, identity has changed since I last knew you.

Hope everybody's good. I see @mkess101 and @PuertoRican are still holding it down shouts to you guys. Feeliing nostalgic rn so thought I'd check in. Also 4th time a charm for Izzy? I'm actually leaning yes!

BT! Good to hear from you man!

All is good, but not many of us long haulers left from "the old days" haha. Me and PR like you said (we actually hung out in Vegas last month and watched a card together at one of the books). @Oblivian still breaking things down. @Jae Gibbz still here and making some $. That's really about it from the way back days. Not sure if any of the guys here now used to be other accounts, but none stand out as that. PR, Jae, and I been doing well on Prizepicks with their MMA, send me a DM if you want to talk more about that and join in with us on it. There's $ to be made there...

Izzy...I guess I lean the way you do? I think he's gonna play it safe...thinking decision for him but not super confident.

Glad you checked in brother, don't be a stranger!

@BluntTrauma21 I still bet pretty much every fight. Still keeping it for fun and only bet around $300ish per card. I'll comment in the threads here and there, but it's only on ones that I feel strongly on or feel that no one is talking about it. Last thread it was Alexander over Peterson which seemed absolutely absurd to me that Alexander was + odds. Pineda/Tucker ITD was generous too IMO. I feel a lot of the new people are pretty solid at capping newer fighters, but some of the older guys fighting are easy to pigeonhole and people miss spots.

I've been in this betting forum off and on for a decade or so.

I was on Izzy in their first MMA fight. I don't have a strong lean but will probably bet Alex as a dog. Statistically unlikely for a former champ to win an immediate rematch especially after losing by tko.

@BluntTrauma21 I still bet pretty much every fight. Still keeping it for fun and only bet around $300ish per card. I'll comment in the threads here and there, but it's only on ones that I feel strongly on or feel that no one is talking about it. Last thread it was Alexander over Peterson which seemed absolutely absurd to me that Alexander was + odds. Pineda/Tucker ITD was generous too IMO. I feel a lot of the new people are pretty solid at capping newer fighters, but some of the older guys fighting are easy to pigeonhole and people miss spots.
The Godfather! Good to see you man. I missed out on Alexander but that Pineda line and the sub line in particular were pretty juicy. I agree some older fighters def get written off too soon.

I've been in this betting forum off and on for a decade or so.

I was on Izzy in their first MMA fight. I don't have a strong lean but will probably bet Alex as a dog. Statistically unlikely for a former champ to win an immediate rematch especially after losing by tko.

I remember you well! Definitely a forum gangster. How is it going my friend? Izzy's interesting I don't think he will give up until he beats Alex at some point. Guy is his kryptonite so I can definitely see taking the Champ as the dog, I feel like Izzy needs this shit tho so I had to take him on as a slight fav.

BT! Good to hear from you man!

All is good, but not many of us long haulers left from "the old days" haha. Me and PR like you said (we actually hung out in Vegas last month and watched a card together at one of the books). @Oblivian still breaking things down. @Jae Gibbz still here and making some $. That's really about it from the way back days. Not sure if any of the guys here now used to be other accounts, but none stand out as that. PR, Jae, and I been doing well on Prizepicks with their MMA, send me a DM if you want to talk more about that and join in with us on it. There's $ to be made there...

Izzy...I guess I lean the way you do? I think he's gonna play it safe...thinking decision for him but not super confident.

Glad you checked in brother, don't be a stranger!
For sure bro! Glad to see you guys still around. Was posting in the boxing forum the other day and was thinking about the old days w/ you guys when O was posting back in the heavies so thought I'd post and see who's still around. Yeah agreed I have a lean towards Izzy but not super strong or anything. Def better spots on the card.

Also for anyone who doesn't know @Oblivian started this whole thing years ago, hence the Godfather status. I don't know if you were the first guy to start the betting threads back in the heavies but as far as I can remember you've always been the guy who gets credited for us degens getting our own forum in the first place. Cool to see you guys still holding it down!

What’s up Blunt! Good to see you around. Not too many of us around anymore. EZ hasn’t posted here in years, but I still talk to him every week. He’s still betting

sup BT? <Moves>

I will bet the fight to end ITD. I lean Alex Pereira to keep his belt, but his money line is only +110 now, so that sucks. I'll be in Las Vegas on April 8-11 for the Alex/Izzy fight. If you're in the area, you can join me and 2 others.

I met up with Mkess in Las Vegas in February. You should try to meet up with us next time.

What’s up Blunt! Good to see you around. Not too many of us around anymore. EZ hasn’t posted here in years, but I still talk to him every week. He’s still betting
Hey bruv good to see you again glad you're still holding it down man. Hope all is well. Tell Ez he's my boy, I love that guy he taught me a lot about this stuff back in the day. I look at him as kind of a mentor to me when I was a young one.

sup BT? <Moves>

I will bet the fight to end ITD. I lean Alex Pereira to keep his belt, but his money line is only +110 now, so that sucks. I'll be in Las Vegas on April 8-11 for the Alex/Izzy fight. If you're in the area, you can join me and 2 others.

I met up with Mkess in Las Vegas in February. You should try to meet up with us next time.
PR my guy, you guys bringing back to some fun days, can't believe it was like a decade ago now we were doing this. Time flies, damn! Yeah man would love to meet up w/ you guys at some point. Might have to try to get out to Vegas soon, it's been a longtime coming.

Will def let you know if I'm out for a card in the future, have never been to a live event either so maybe we catch one of those or just check it out from a book like you and Mkess did.

Interesting take on the fight not going the distance, I like it, esp since I'm at least gonna be small on Izzy. Like a quasi hedge b/c I think if Alex wins he's gonna be winning by ko more times than not imo.

PR my guy, you guys bringing back to some fun days, can't believe it was like a decade ago now we were doing this. Time flies, damn! Yeah man would love to meet up w/ you guys at some point. Might have to try to get out to Vegas soon, it's been a longtime coming.

Will def let you know if I'm out for a card in the future, have never been to a live event either so maybe we catch one of those or just check it out from a book like you and Mkess did.

Interesting take on the fight not going the distance, I like it, esp since I'm at least gonna be small on Izzy. Like a quasi hedge b/c I think if Alex wins he's gonna be winning by ko more times than not imo.
Israel also almost finished Alex early in the fight. I think it was at the end of one of the rounds.

I've been here since the early betting threads on the main board but still mostly just lurk and occasionally post if I have a lean.

Rarely stay up for UFC events nowadays (main cards are usually 3am here in the UK) and my interest in MMA has waned a bit in terms from what it was 20065- 2018 but I still watch the main card of most events the next day.

Not keeping up with it as much though definitely makes it harder to get reads on fights outside of well known fights, which in turn reduces my excitement for cards - vicious cycle.

Do feel it got a bit oversaturated as UFC grew in popularity - you used to be able to rely on even the small cards having mostly fighters who were UFC level, had been around for a few fights and perhaps 1-2 per card making their UFC debut. Nowadays it feels like it just churns through fighters, loads on big card prelims making their debut.or just not UFC level, only main cards being established fighters and the smaller cards being chock full of fighters that won't be on the roster a year.or two down the line and just an alright main/co-main.

Slight rant but yeah. Good to see you still around and same for all the other vets, always nice to see they're still posting or at least lurking because it was a great little community that got established over the years.

As an aside, whatever happened to MMAGoodfella? He seemed to be fairly well liked and respected years back, then I vaguely remember a few people consistently getting into it with him in discussion topics and then he just seemed to disappear entirely a few years back.

I've been here since the early betting threads on the main board but still mostly just lurk and occasionally post if I have a lean.

Rarely stay up for UFC events nowadays (main cards are usually 3am here in the UK) and my interest in MMA has waned a bit in terms from what it was 20065- 2018 but I still watch the main card of most events the next day.

Not keeping up with it as much though definitely makes it harder to get reads on fights outside of well known fights, which in turn reduces my excitement for cards - vicious cycle.

Do feel it got a bit oversaturated as UFC grew in popularity - you used to be able to rely on even the small cards having mostly fighters who were UFC level, had been around for a few fights and perhaps 1-2 per card making their UFC debut. Nowadays it feels like it just churns through fighters, loads on big card prelims making their debut.or just not UFC level, only main cards being established fighters and the smaller cards being chock full of fighters that won't be on the roster a year.or two down the line and just an alright main/co-main.

Slight rant but yeah. Good to see you still around and same for all the other vets, always nice to see they're still posting or at least lurking because it was a great little community that got established over the years.

As an aside, whatever happened to MMAGoodfella? He seemed to be fairly well liked and respected years back, then I vaguely remember a few people consistently getting into it with him in discussion topics and then he just seemed to disappear entirely a few years back.
The guy who was faking his bet results and went tout? He been gone. His tout site didn’t last long either

The guy who was faking his bet results and went tout? He been gone. His tout site didn’t last long either

We're you here that long ago? Under this same username? Shit dude, I'd have mentioned you too but doesn't feel like you were here way back then. My bad.

I got along great with MMA Goodfella but yeah he went paid tout and definitely that soured plenty of people on him. Didn't know about faking results or anything though.

We're you here that long ago? Under this same username? Shit dude, I'd have mentioned you too but doesn't feel like you were here way back then. My bad.

I got along great with MMA Goodfella but yeah he went paid tout and definitely that soured plenty of people on him. Didn't know about faking results or anything though.
Yea he didn’t last long as a tout. Didn’t take long for him to get exposed.

I remember he used to do long written out breakdowns for the cards

my old username was ill800

Back