Oliveira, Islam, Dariush...who has the better ground game?

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who has the better ground game between the 3? Who you picking if these fights took place:

Oliveira vs Islam?
Oliveira vs Dariush?
Islam vs Dariush?

giphy.gif

This should be good...

I have no idea what is Islam's level on the ground. Sure it looks good against people with no ground game. But let him face someone top150 and we'll sure see.

Pure BJJ should be oliveira. But Islam can probably just hold Oliveira down without getting submitted, even though he would offer less submission threat, so does that mean he has the best “ground game”?

Oliveira by far. Then Islam. Then Beneil, who has good control but he is not that dangerous on the ground. IMO.

Oliveira by far. Then Islam. Then Beneil, who has good control but he is not that dangerous on the ground. IMO.
In comparison to Islam and Oliviera? I'd say submission threat wise Dariush is pretty close to Islam though the latter has better wrestling. Agree that Oliviera is clearly ahead of the bunch.

I mean the most accomplished grappler is dariush, no? Charles jumps the back like no other tho. I mean theoretically maybe Islam but he would have to show it by fighting.

I'll go with Islam.

I'm not talking about accomplishments or anything like that, I just think he has the best control. Although, he's not the slickest.

Who has the better ground game between the 3? Who you picking if these fights took place:

Oliveira vs Islam?
Oliveira vs Dariush?
Islam vs Dariush?
Islam has both World Class Wrestling and Top Sambo, and decent BJJ.
Oliveira has ok wrestling at best, zero sumbo/judo, Top BJJ
Dariush has Top Grappling, zero judo/sambo, great BJJ

The Winer is Islam IMHO as he covers all aspects of ground game. no holes IMHO!

Lol. Who the fuck needs Sambo/Judo in MMA? It's all based around gi work and, unlike BJJ, has no no-gi rules or competitions. And neither Sambo, nor Judo has any kind of ground game even remotely resembling MMA.

I think Oliveira is the most dangerous for sure. Islam and Beneil should face each other down the road and that way we'll know for certain.

I agree.

I find Oliviera to be somewhat effeminate and weak, I find Daiush to lack finish. Islam lacks neither.

Let's remember, he sometimes wins rounds against Khabib, according to Javier Mendez. Neither Dariush nor Oliviera have the power of Khabib or Islam.

Islam dominates them both, never gets submitted by either, and has a good chance of submitting both.

IMO Oliviera is the most fragile of the bunch, and Dariush the least-threatening.

Also, and importantly, Islam has not yet come into his prime. With Khabib as his coach, and with the foundation already being laid in Dagestan, Islam is going to beat them both.

Lol. Who the fuck needs Sambo/Judo in MMA? It's all based around gi work and, unlike BJJ, has no no-gi rules or competitions. And neither Sambo, nor Judo has any kind of ground game even remotely resembling MMA.
you're uncurbable dumbass. dont need to go far, but just watch islam's last fight with Dobberman. He used Osoto Gari and Ochi Gari to trip Dobber from a clinch. No need for a double or single leg take-downs son. If you want more lessons girl, look up Karo Parisian's fights where he skillfully uses Judo/Sambo base to take people down. It's a bread and butter of successful ground game.

Oliveira vs Islam?
Oliveira vs Dariush?
Islam vs Dariush?

I don't think no one knows. But I think Islam by cardio and better wrestling, I think.

Back