Olympic Boxing thread: Every night Starting 7/23.

Pretty clear win from the Cuban there. Should have had that knockdown in the first round too

McCormack should probably go pro now. Been to two Olympics, gotten the gold at the Commonwealth games, and he's 26 now. Seems like the obvious thing to do

McCormack should probably go pro now. Been to two Olympics, gotten the gold at the Commonwealth games, and he's 26 now. Seems like the obvious thing to do

him and his brother are gonna turn pro now!

great Olympics for team gb. Medalled in nearly half of the weight classes; Guaranteed 6 medals out of 13 divisions.
I think Whittaker will come up short and get a silver. Don’t really fancy Fraser Clarke’s chances against jalolov.
However I expect lauren price to grab the gold, and galal yafais division is wide open. He’s just beaten the world no 2 and has a real shot at gold imo

Keyshawn seems to know how to find the button in there. Interested to see his jump to pros.

great Olympics for team gb. Medalled in nearly half of the weight classes; Guaranteed 6 medals out of 13 divisions.
I think Whittaker will come up short and get a silver. Don’t really fancy Fraser Clarke’s chances against jalolov.
However I expect lauren price to grab the gold, and galal yafais division is wide open. He’s just beaten the world no 2 and has a real shot at gold imo
Completely agree there. I don't see Clarke getting gold, but it would definitely be a nice surprise, Yafai has a really good chance, and Price should be the favourite at this point from what I've seen.

Completely agree there. I don't see Clarke getting gold, but it would definitely be a nice surprise, Yafai has a really good chance, and Price should be the favourite at this point from what I've seen.

I watched a lot of these GB Amis. I said at the start that Whittaker and McCormack (pat) to medal and price to get the gold. We’ve definitely done better than I thought we would. And tbh, Dubois lost a razor close decision, as did artingstall. Couple of golds out of those 6 would be the cherry on top of the cake

allright, adjusting my picks in divisions where my original pick lost
FLW: Paalam (Philippines)
FW: Ragan (USA)
SHW: Jalolov (Uzbekistan)

Last edited:
They are not gonna remove him.

He's staging a sit in protest

My opinion is that it doesnt really matter. It was an even fight but the winner would lose to Jalolov anyway
Yeah, but that was a really harsh call by the ref, not to mention the fact that it was Orthodox vs Southpaw, so heads crashing tends to happen more often.
Aliev is pretty much a lesser version of Jalolov, a similar style, but without the speed and power that the later possesses.

Fun fact: Clarke is the only Orthodox fighter in the SHW semifinal, all the others are southpaws and Aliev, Veryasov and Dainier Pero are also southpaws, lots of them at SHW in the amateur ranks atm.

yafai also has a good chance of winning IMO. Very good fighter. I still favor Palaam by a little bit, but Yafai could easily win it.

This Marcial vs Khyzniak fight is gonna be dynamite

Marcial has been knocking everybody out

yafai also has a good chance of winning IMO. Very good fighter. I still favor Palaam by a little bit, but Yafai could easily win it.

So do I. He is a good fighter, and a little under ranked on boxrec imo. There isn’t any outstanding fly weight fighters, and he ‘can’ beat anyone that’s left on if he’s fighting well

I watched a lot of these GB Amis. I said at the start that Whittaker and McCormack (pat) to medal and price to get the gold. We’ve definitely done better than I thought we would. And tbh, Dubois lost a razor close decision, as did artingstall. Couple of golds out of those 6 would be the cherry on top of the cake
I think Yafai can do it. He's impressed me the most out of the Brits over than Price who is quality. Whittaker annoyed me against the Brazillian and I think he was lucky to get the decision. Showboating when you're not doing anything is not a good look. But he fought well against Khataev so I hope he does well but it's a tall ask against the Cuban. Dubois was close but I think she just about lost that. She just wasn't landing despite being a fair bit taller than her opponent. She's young though and I'm sure she'll improve. I thought Artingstall did enough but the decision didn't go her way.

Yeah Marcial is a beast. Khyzniak has impressed me too. Probably the best fight in this Olympics.
Marcial is also a pro I think. In fact a lot of these boxers have been pros. Apparently that means the WBC won't sanction them to fight for their titles for two years, but other than that I don't think much holds them back.

Marcial is also a pro I think. In fact a lot of these boxers have been pros. Apparently that means the WBC won't sanction them to fight for their titles for two years, but other than that I don't think much holds them back.
That would explain why he's been knocking out cats.

Back