Olympics Megathread

#1 why the hell are we not putting out NBA players in the 3x3?

#2 I’m convinced we would dominate Hand Ball if we filled our roster with former NBA and NFL players
Idk this 3x3 basketball thing seems a little…..lame?

Like what if we removed half the players and half the ball. Now it’s a whole new sport WOAH

#1 why the hell are we not putting out NBA players in the 3x3?

#2 I’m convinced we would dominate Hand Ball if we filled our roster with former NBA and NFL players
No real basketball player will waste their time on this 3on3 bullshit. It would fuck up their shot. There's a reason you go out of your way to never put in reps with a girl's ball.

On the swimming side, we took Gold & Silver in the Men's 400 IM. Whooo!!!!!!!!! Only a whopping 6 seconds slower than Phelp's WR for Gold, LOL.
https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/oly...-men-s-400m-individual-medley-fnl-000100-.htm
Silver and Bronze in the women's 400 IM. Our silver medalist is a 19-year-old, too. So look forward to seeing her win gold in 2024, hells yeah!!
https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/oly...omen-s-400m-individual-medley-fnl-000100-.htm
Seto and Hosszu have been dethroned.

Kieran Smith also snagged Bronze in the 400m Freestyle for the guys.

Disappointing Bronze finish for our girls in the 4x100m Free Relay, though. It's understandable losing to the Aussie girls when they're smashing their own WR. Losing to Canada, though, is a blow to the ego. I have a feeling if we'd swam Ledecky for the lead leg, despite her inferior PR flat time, fiery competitor that she is, we would have snatched silver. But still proud of these girls hauling home some hardware.

Last edited:
Handball is the stupidest shit I have watched so far.
Really is some rec league shit. Once again, why wouldn’t we put former NBA or NFLers in there? It would be domination.

@Madmick i get your point about messing up your shot, but why not some recently former NBAers? I don’t get why an Olympic medal wouldn’t be appealing to them.

I've never felt compelled to watch the Olympics. I can't bring myself to pretend I care about synchronized swimming or curling every 4 years.

I halfway give a shit about wrestling, boxing, and judo and I never seem to catch them. It's always some jackass in a speedo.

Thats pretty fucking clueless. None of them have anywhere near the cardio needed nor do they have decades of tactical understanding. They would get crushed.
Give it 30-50 years with top flight coaches and players only playing handball since childhood the us would certainly be a factor. With a 300 million strong talent pool that would probably be the case in most sports that become popular enough in the US

Thats pretty fucking clueless. None of them have anywhere near the cardio needed nor do they have decades of tactical understanding. They would get crushed.
Give it 30-50 years with top flight coaches and players only playing handball since childhood the us would certainly be a factor. With a 300 million strong talent pool that would probably be the case in most sports that become popular enough in the US
You honestly believe, that within 4 years we couldn’t take recently former NFL and NBA players and have them compete for medals in handball? Are you nuts?

Yes. That's absolutely retarded
I think it’s insane that you believe that there is such a high degree of skill in handball that you don’t think that superior athletic ability couldn’t close the gap incredibly fast.

I suppose you’re laughing at yourself. When an expert on Handball says James would dominate in 6 months it’s pretty easy to believe we would win gold if we fielded our best athletes.

Back