One achievement Pacquiao can still take from Floyd

Cariñito

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Floyd Mayweather and Evander Holyfield hold the record for most World Titles won with 11.
Manny Pacquiao currently sits at 10.
3 options for him to catch or surpass Floyd and Evander.
He fights Crawford for the WBO title. He wins he is now at 11.
If he fights Spence for the IBF and WBC and wins, he now holds the record at 12.
Or.
He fights the winner of Ramirez-Taylor at 140, wins all 4 belts and ends his career with a probably very long lasting 14x World Champion record.

Or he fights Conor and retires.

Also I think he really should be at 9. I believe he was a regular WBA champ before the Thurman fight and they counted that as a title held, so...

Also I think he really should be at 9. I believe he was a regular WBA champ before the Thurman fight and they counted that as a title held, so...
To be fair, everyone was throwing whatever belt shaped object was around at Pac for a while there. He fought Margarito for a JMW title when neither were active fighters at the weight.

Floyd Mayweather and Evander Holyfield hold the record for most World Titles won with 11.
If he fights Spence for the IBF and WBC and wins, he now holds the record at 12.
Or.
He fights the winner of Ramirez-Taylor at 140, wins all 4 belts and ends his career with a probably very long lasting 14x World Champion record.

That record would be insignificant compared to him actually beating Crawford and Spence. If he did that at this point in his career he'd probably jump up 10 spots on the All-Time PFP list.

To be fair, everyone was throwing whatever belt shaped object was around at Pac for a while there. He fought Margarito for a JMW title when neither were active fighters at the weight.
That might have been Pac's greatest fight.

Or.

He should probably just retire. Beating Thurman when he did would be an amazing accomplishment to retire on. If he fights again, it should be a glorified exhibition in the Philippines just to have a nice moment with the crowd.

I think it may be his most underrated. He had to work for that one, it was a tougher fight than some people recall.
It was a huge size difference but he was able to absorb some big punches and was able to close the show in control. Cotto managed to beat Margarito in the rematch but by the time they stopped that fight the tide was starting to turn. I think Pac's performance was superior.

It was a huge size difference but he was able to absorb some big punches and was able to close the show in control. Cotto managed to beat Margarito in the rematch but by the time they stopped that fight the tide was starting to turn. I think Pac's performance was superior.
When I read the bolded statement I thought you were on crack because I remember Cotto pummelling Margarito for the whole fight. So I watched the last round just to make sure. Margarito was plowing ahead and trying to get to Cotto but wasn't really landing, Cotto was landing a lot on Margarito. So I don't know what tide you were watching sir.

When I read the bolded statement I thought you were on crack because I remember Cotto pummelling Margarito for the whole fight. So I watched the last round just to make sure. Margarito was plowing ahead and trying to get to Cotto but wasn't really landing, Cotto was landing a lot on Margarito. So I don't know what tide you were watching sir.
I remember being relieved at the stoppage because Margarito wasn't hurt and if your name's not shane, he just keeps on coming. Tony was laughing at the stoppage. Who knows how it would have ended? Luckily for Miguel, Pacman left Tony with permanent damage.

I think it may be his most underrated. He had to work for that one, it was a tougher fight than some people recall.

Yep. He was hurt to the body at one point. The size difference was laughable.

I'll watch it again but I remember Cotto was tiring down the stretch. Manny eased up the last rounds but seemed to still maintain control.

Also don't forget there were still the championship rounds to go when they stopped it.

Canelo has won 10 titles as well I should point out.

Back