News ONE adds post fight weight checks

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score

All this time we’ve been told the hydration tests can’t be gamed, now they’re adding additional measures

Also, I received the email with all of the results, and the weirdest one to me is Angela Lee, who went from 123.75lbs at weight ins, to 123.2lbs post fight. Weird for a fighter to lose weight after weigh ins. I’ll have to add that result image later

All this time we’ve been told the hydration tests can’t be gamed, now they’re adding additional measures

Also, I received the email with all of the results, and the weirdest one to me is Angela Lee, who went from 123.75lbs at weight ins, to 123.2lbs post fight. Weird for a fighter to lose weight after weigh ins. I’ll have to add that result image later

Not a fan, it’s just another thing fighters need to be worried about during the fight for no reason

Not a fan, it’s just another thing fighters need to be worried about during the fight for no reason
Is ONE the org that sometimes alters results after the fact? If so, this looks like another pretext they can resort to.

I’m sure it’s just part of their elaborate money laundering scheme through Amazon.

If you can make weight and hydration then you can make weight and hydration, doesn’t matter what you weigh on fight night.

I did a grappling tournament like this once. Weigh in an hour before, then any prize winners had to weigh in after the event or they'd forefit their winnings.

You'd think with 1 hour before weigh ins and then sweating through 8 sub-only matches (was a round robin then a 4 man tourney) you'd be lighter than when you started due to the sweat but nope. Some dudes still somehow were cutting weight to make a weigh class and then rehydrating throughout the event and then either missed the post match weigh in weight (I think had 2 pounds of leeway) or were throwing up in bathroom after their final match and then not drinking until weigh in time.

All this for like 500/100/50 prizes for 1st/2nd/3rd

I personally thought the post weigh in and threat of DQ was a great idea to keep people in their actual walk around weight class

ONE will put out every single bit of information except for actual sanctioned pre fight weigh in numbers.

All this extra information is smoke and mirrors meant to distract from the fact that they have not solve weight cutting.

ONE will put out every single bit of information except for actual sanctioned pre fight weigh in numbers.

All this extra information is smoke and mirrors meant to distract from the fact that they have not solve weight cutting.
Their weigh ins are live streamed.

Back