Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

I don't know about you, but I found it really hard to watch my hero JWP fight :(. Although their former kru's fight each other, he had no business being in that cage with Nieky tonight. Bear in mind that he's 44 and had a hip replacement. Surely enough is enough? Go home and enjoy your retirement with the family!

I don't know about you, but I found it really hard to watch my hero JWP fight :(. Although their former kru's fight each other, he had no business being in that cage with Nieky tonight. Bear in mind that he's 44 and had a hip replacement. Surely enough is enough? Go home and enjoy your retirement with the family!
He needs to retire. He’s old and his body is finished

Hope they compensated him well.
Clearly, JWP has the IQ, still. His shot selection and combos seemed the best approach considering Nieky's big advantages.
He gave a good account of himself even in the loss.

Jackie Buntan walking out right now. This should be a good one.

I thought Ekaterina won those first two rounds. She did a good job of picking Jackie off when she would try to close the distance. Seemed to score more Muay Thai preferred techniques.

They really need to do 5 round Muay Thai fights in ONE. That was way too short of a fight. Makes no sense, even Rich Franklin said that. At the very least be liberal with extension rounds like K-1 was in the past.

Thanks to @lukeuidswords for this

Only a single MT match but... it's Tawanchai's ONE debut.

ETM8lkmXgAAGiLP

Hopefully they put this on the TNT broadcast portion of the event. They wasted a slot in the last event on an MMA fight where a guy tried to flop for a late hit DQ (LOL), fortunately they called it a TKO. Better to expose folks to high level Muay Thai instead.

Will ONE change back or not? Every event is 1 Muay Thai mostly, sometimes 1 Kickboxing match.

Hopefully they put this on the TNT broadcast portion of the event. They wasted a slot in the last event on an MMA fight where a guy tried to flop for a late hit DQ (LOL), fortunately they called it a TKO. Better to expose folks to high level Muay Thai instead.
I believe the tnt cards are done and we are back to streaming the events off of bleacher report at like 5am

I thought Ekaterina won those first two rounds. She did a good job of picking Jackie off when she would try to close the distance. Seemed to score more Muay Thai preferred techniques.

They really need to do 5 round Muay Thai fights in ONE. That was way too short of a fight. Makes no sense, even Rich Franklin said that. At the very least be liberal with extension rounds like K-1 was in the past.
I thought Ekaterina won round 2 clearly and the other 2 rounds could have gone either way. No problem with the decision but it would have been better if Ekaterina got it I think.

I believe the tnt cards are done and we are back to streaming the events off of bleacher report at like 5am
Well that was fun while it lasted, not that I was actually watching on TNT, but the time zone aspect was great. I'll just go back to watching the next morning rather than live then.

Thanks to @lukeuidswords for this

ETM8lkmXgAAGiLP

It should be an easy win for Tawanchai. But his boxing skills are weird. I remember when he outclassed Kulabdam and some of us thought that Tawanchai would dominate in kickboxing. He doesn't seem comfortable at all boxing in mid to close range, and seems easy to counter. Even when he trains on the pads, the punches seem to be all big, long range shots, almost over-committed.

It should be an easy win for Tawanchai. But his boxing skills are weird. I remember when he outclassed Kulabdam and some of us thought that Tawanchai would dominate in kickboxing. He doesn't seem comfortable at all boxing in mid to close range, and seems easy to counter. Even when he trains on the pads, the punches seem to be all big, long range shots, almost over-committed.

You're right but to be fair he's only had a few KB matches, and this is a MT match.

He's a clever guy, that's why i enjoy watching him so much.

A staff member read his sexist opinion on women fighting in his Romanian lw thread and banned him. Gonna miss the long winded tl;dr rants and Romanian nationalism /s
I hope he comes back. He was a great poster and gave us a lot of insight into romanian kickboxing

A staff member read his sexist opinion on women fighting in his Romanian lw thread and banned him. Gonna miss the long winded tl;dr rants and Romanian nationalism /s
That wasn't it. A lot went into it. Off-site harassment is not tolerated whatsoever on the forum; if posters decide to take disputes from here on to other places like Twitter, they are putting their accounts here at risk.

He will be fighting under Muay Thai rules in ONE FC for the time being so we won't see how upright and hittable he is in the pocket, or how bad his form is in extended exchanges (much)

I dont think its an issue with PK.Saenchai coaching, they have Prajanchai, who is the best boxer in all of Muay Thai. I think Tawanchai has just got used to being at such a huge physical advantage in speed and reflexes against Muay Thai opponents, his fundamentals are still a bit shaky

He will be fighting under Muay Thai rules in ONE FC for the time being so we won't see how upright and hittable he is in the pocket, or how bad his form is in extended exchanges (much)

I dont think its an issue with PK.Saenchai coaching, they have Prajanchai, who is the best boxer in all of Muay Thai. I think Tawanchai has just got used to being at such a huge physical advantage in speed and reflexes against Muay Thai opponents, his fundamentals are still a bit shaky

Yeah i give him the benefit of the doubt. He's made beating Sangmanee, Nuenglanlek and Kulabdam look like it's just easy sparring so he was more than likely gonna get a bit complacent. He's the best muay thai fighter on the planet in my opinion so if he decides to stick to muay thai instead of kickboxing i won't complain.

Tawanchai vs Petchmorakot is just mouth-watering to me.

Back