Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Yeah i give him the benefit of the doubt. He's made beating Sangmanee, Nuenglanlek and Kulabdam look like it's just easy sparring so he was more than likely gonna get a bit complacent. He's the best muay thai fighter on the planet in my opinion so if he decides to stick to muay thai instead of kickboxing i won't complain.

Tawanchai vs Petchmorakot is just mouth-watering to me.
I really don't think he is as proven as Superlek, Prajanchai, Petchmorrakot and Yodwicha.

Yeah i give him the benefit of the doubt. He's made beating Sangmanee, Nuenglanlek and Kulabdam look like it's just easy sparring so he was more than likely gonna get a bit complacent. He's the best muay thai fighter on the planet in my opinion so if he decides to stick to muay thai instead of kickboxing i won't complain.

Tawanchai vs Petchmorakot is just mouth-watering to me.
I think tawanchai has a lot more to prove before he is considered the best muay thai fighter on the planet. I am always a bit skeptical of thai fighters who have come up being quite large for their weight classes. When you take someone like tawanchai when he was fighting at 135 etc. He just had freakish physique and impossible measurements that can only be achieved because he is a teenager who is still growing.
Thats not to say he is not a great fighter, he is but he still has a good bit to prove.

Kulabdam, Nuenglanlek, Ferrari and Tawanchai are all not very proven at lower weight clases. Shame he never fought Thaksinlek, Pet U Thong, Kaonar, Panpayak, Superball or Superlek somewhere between 130-135 lbs

I think tawanchai has a lot more to prove before he is considered the best muay thai fighter on the planet. I am always a bit skeptical of thai fighters who have come up being quite large for their weight classes. When you take someone like tawanchai when he was fighting at 135 etc. He just had freakish physique and impossible measurements that can only be achieved because he is a teenager who is still growing.
Thats not to say he is not a great fighter, he is but he still has a good bit to prove.

Yeah i see your point, well hopefully he can be more active for a start, both in stadiums and in ONE after his debut.

I really don't think he is as proven as Superlek, Prajanchai, Petchmorrakot and Yodwicha.

As much as i love Yodwicha, he's been fighting terrible competition for a while now so i can't rank him as high as i'd like to.

Yeah i see your point, well hopefully he can be more active for a start, both in stadiums and in ONE after his debut.

As much as i love Yodwicha, he's been fighting terrible competition for a while now so i can't rank him as high as i'd like to.
Yes but Yodwicha (as well as Petchmorrakot) was one of the best at almost every division he fought in. Petchmorrakot as well. Tawanchai and the other guys i mentioned were only elite at 135-140 lbs. Yodwicha also KO'd Santafah last year who is a good fighter. When I say less proven I don't mean their last 7-10 fights, but the depth of their opposition.

Yes but Yodwicha (as well as Petchmorrakot) was one of the best at almost every division he fought in. Petchmorrakot as well. Tawanchai and the other guys i mentioned were only elite at 135-140 lbs. Yodwicha also KO'd Santafah last year who is a good fighter. When I say less proven I don't mean their last 7-10 fights, but the depth of their opposition.

I guess i should have been clearer sorry, i was talking about current form in their last 5-10 fights when i made my original post. Tawanchai could lose quite frequently now he's fighting at a higher weight so we'll just have to wait and see. I rate all these guys very high though, just wish Yodwicha was in ONE.

That wasn't it. A lot went into it. Off-site harassment is not tolerated whatsoever on the forum; if posters decide to take disputes from here on to other places like Twitter, they are putting their accounts here at risk.

Even within the site, he was sending death threats through private messages.

Oh, man. I'm betting most of the death threats were towards posters being "xenophobic" or "bigoted" against Romanians, which was hilarious if you ever read his posts or thoughts about Japanese or women fighters. Now, he is over on Kakutougi forums.

Oh, man. I'm betting most of the death threats were towards posters being "xenophobic" or "bigoted" against Romanians, which was hilarious if you ever read his posts or thoughts about Japanese or women fighters. Now, he is over on Kakutougi forums.

Yes, I once made fun of his long deluded propaganda posts and put him in place about how Romanians aren't as great as he makes them out to be in Kickboxing. More specifically the Stoica brothers who he somehow thought were some of the greatest kickboxers. He then proceeded to send me several private messages with threats, one saying something along the lines of "if you ever come to Romania I'll find you and will have something sharp on me". I simply replied I had no reason to ever visit such a shithole to see what else he could come up with and needless to say he went a bit more intense in the threats. It was all a bit pathetic to be honest. I think I have more private messages from him than all other users combined.

If that’s happening in the future, you can report a private message and we can address it.

Despite urban myths, we truly don’t have access to even see what’s happening via pm until it’s reported. If things that are as serious as death threats are taking place, we of course want to help so please feel free to report it.

I don't know about that, I just counted 46 DM's LOL.

I meant that I have more DM's in my inbox from him than all my other DM's combined. I can totally believe that you were one of his favourites and I won't even pretend to be jealous.

If that’s happening in the future, you can report a private message and we can address it.

Despite urban myths, we truly don’t have access to even see what’s happening via pm until it’s reported. If things that are as serious as death threats are taking place, we of course want to help so please feel free to report it.

I did report the first threat hoping for a ban and nothing happened so then I gave up on reporting all the other ones.

I meant that I have more DM's in my inbox from him than all my other DM's combined. I can totally believe that you were one of his favourites and I won't even pretend to be jealous.
Ah gotcha, ya same for me. The other DM's are mostly other posters complaining about Broadcast as well.

Oh well, we can move on from this fortunately.

I wish we could get Tiffany in ONE too, not that I really want to see her fight Meksen again, but it seems like ONE has the best chance of getting some semblance of a stacked women's division which would be good for the sport.

It will be awesome to see Meksen with the added clinch and elbow dynamic if she has some MT fights with them.

I definitely think fighters have a unique opportunity in ONE. If they've only fought in MT or KB their whole career but they're curious how it would go they can just ask for one fight in the other discipline, it's as easy as that. They don't have to go searching for another org and sign a contract that they have to stick to even if it goes wrong.

Even though i don't think Nieky will have any more MT matches in ONE i'd love to see him keep going with it as he's got nothing left to prove in KB and his match against JWP showed he is willing to use MT techniques if he's allowed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back