Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Can't wait!

gotta go with AAA

The dude old but pretty sure he still got it

Last edited:
Really impressive display so far from Prajanchai. Sam-A looks like he is getting more comfortable as the match goes on, though. I'm thinking he will try to turn it up

Hmmm, i think Prajanchai was dizzy before that time out.

Majority decision is interesting, but at least the right guy got the nod

That was fun, I should definitely watch muay thai more often.

Reading Thai gamblers' comments live are so funny lol
They keep spamming that Sam A was winning or already won to try to trick dumb gamblers into betting on Sam-A.

Well deserved win for Prajanchai.

I thought SamA power gonna make Pranjanchai back down a bit.
but no. Prajanchai came prepared. his speed, his volume, and ability to tank SamA attack..
congrats to the new champ. :)

The problem is what's next? Prajanchai and Sam-A are the only 2 who can challenge each other at the weight. Unless you bring in more thais it's just gonna be one sided matches for both of them.

The problem is what's next? Prajanchai and Sam-A are the only 2 who can challenge each other at the weight. Unless you bring in more thais it's just gonna be one sided matches for both of them.

Maybe Sam-A could fight Haggerty again to avenge his loss? Besides that, I'm sure ONE will have no problem throwing more westerners and Chinese at them until someone finally wins.

I was looking at the rankings and thought the same. The other guys in the rankings are average.
Hopefully they get some more Thais as the Thai vs Thai fights are the best on one

Maybe Sam-A could fight Haggerty again to avenge his loss? Besides that, I'm sure ONE will have no problem throwing more westerners and Chinese at them until someone finally wins.
What are their weights in kilos?

What are their weights in kilos?

Strawweight: 52.3kg - 56.7kg (115 lbs - 125.0 lbs)
Flyweight: 56.8kg - 61.2kg (125 lbs - 135.0 lbs)

Had to put the pounds in there too so my American brain could understand hahaha. ONE probably doesn't care about this stuff anyway, as long as they are making money; if I remember correctly, they don't televise any of their weigh-ins or hydration tests, which (imo) gives free rein to anyone the promotion favors.

Strawweight: 52.3kg - 56.7kg (115 lbs - 125.0 lbs)
Flyweight: 56.8kg - 61.2kg (125 lbs - 135.0 lbs)

Had to put the pounds in there too so my American brain could understand hahaha. ONE probably doesn't care about this stuff anyway, as long as they are making money; if I remember correctly, they don't televise any of their weigh-ins or hydration tests, which (imo) gives free rein to anyone the promotion favors.
Thanks. Hopefully the guys can fight in both weights or a catch weight if they don’t have many new people.

I was looking at the rankings and thought the same. The other guys in the rankings are average.
Hopefully they get some more Thais as the Thai vs Thai fights are the best on one

There are plenty of really good Japanese kickboxers and muay thai guys that ONE could try get but i just don't see the best guys leaving their current orgs to fight guys that are below their current opposition for the most part.

Beating Sam-A and Prajanchai does huge things for your career... but beating the rest does nothing. They need a combination of thais, japanese, chinese, and some really good europeans imo.

Unless of course ONE partners with other orgs to share guys like Tenshin before he moves to boxing. The same way Rise and Glory were going to with Petch.

There are plenty of really good Japanese kickboxers and muay thai guys that ONE could try get but i just don't see the best guys leaving their current orgs to fight guys that are below their current opposition for the most part.

Beating Sam-A and Prajanchai does huge things for your career... but beating the rest does nothing. They need a combination of thais, japanese, chinese, and some really good europeans imo.

Unless of course ONE partners with other orgs to share guys like Tenshin before he moves to boxing. The same way Rise and Glory were going to with Petch.

I think ONE would have to approach it the same as the UFC did with MMA. Outgrow the competition, buy them out and offer contracts to the guys who want them.

As nice as it would be, I don't see any promotions putting their champions at risk of losing to a fighter from another organization. Considering Glory's financial situation (and that their Featherweight division is dead), I can see why they would be enticed to let Petch fight in another promotion (if I remember correctly, the fight was cancelled due to Japanese lockdowns), but I don't see an organization like K-1 or Wu Lin Feng being interested in the same sort of arrangement.

Back