Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Majority decision is interesting, but at least the right guy got the nod
The fight wasnt one sided by any means. Sam-A did very well and took over from round 4 onward. I think he would have won if not for the R1 knockdown.

The fight wasnt one sided by any means. Sam-A did very well and took over from round 4 onward. I think he would have won if not for the R1 knockdown.

True but it still shouldn't have been a majority decision. 3 rounds to 2 with a 10-8 first round.

Sam-A definitely had Prajanchai hurt right before the low blow but he didn't take advantage.

True but it still shouldn't have been a majority decision. 3 rounds to 2 with a 10-8 first round.

Sam-A definitely had Prajanchai hurt right before the low blow but he didn't take advantage.
Does ONE judge MT fights in their entirety or RBR? I heard Schiavello say they judge fights in their entirety at one point but that might just be for MMA.

Does ONE judge MT fights in their entirety or RBR? I heard Schiavello say they judge fights in their entirety at one point but that might just be for MMA.

Honestly i have no idea. Schiavello said round 1 was a 10-8 because of the knockdown but then in round 2 (i think) either he or the other guy said "the 10-8 is on our unofficial scorecard" as if it might not be a 10-8 for the judges...

Literally no idea.

I didn't think Rodtang vs Petchdam was close but the judges disagreed.

Fair decision but it depends on how you score volume vs impactful strikes. Sam-A arguably landed more impactful kicks and seemed to hurt Prajanchai with punches a couple times, Prajanchai had a lot of volume and some impactful punches but most were missing or not having a lot of impact. If there hadn't been a knockdown I would not know who deserves to win. All in all it was not a one-sided fight.

If I recall correctly ONE Muay Thai and Kickboxing fights use a 10-point-must system.

Last edited:
Im kind of new to actively watching One.. I thought on other cards they bounced back and forth between styles (MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, etc.).

Im kind of new to actively watching One.. I thought on other cards they bounced back and forth between styles (MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, etc.).

During covid there's been very little Muay Thai and Kicboxing per card. They keep signing people though so it's just a matter of time.

Reactions: MT5
I think sittichai is taking the bigger risk here. He’s a kickboxer. Not a mt fighter. He hasn’t fought another Thai under these rules for years let alone someone like tawanchai.

Sittichai was preparing for a kb match vs Tayfun a orthodox Dutch stylist whilst Tawnchai was preparing for a southpaw Thai under these exact settings.

I wanna see a good experienced southpaw Thai vs Petrosyan and with petchpanomrung out of the picture and Rittewada lacking experience sittichai is the best opponent. Would of loved to seen them fight a few years ago but now is better than ever. Losing to superbon and then losing again to tawanchai will look bad and probably end the chances of that fight happening. And it’s not like those loses mean sittichai is now a bad fighter. It’s just the opponents he’s being matched up against which casuals don’t get. Put Petrosyan in there against tawanchai under mt rules and he’d probably lose. But instead he gets that Davit “make me look good” Kiria type of opponent.
I think it just boils down to covid and lack of match ups. Win or lose I will still wanna see petro vs sittichai.

Must really suck being non-Asia-based fighters in ONE right now. You can't get fights because of lockdowns. But then again it sucks every where.

Must really suck being non-Asia-based fighters in ONE right now. You can't get fights because of lockdowns. But then again it sucks every where.

Can't athletes travel regardless of lockdowns? (i.e. the Olympics)

Can't athletes travel regardless of lockdowns? (i.e. the Olympics)

A lot of people don't want the quarantine when they return home too. For example in Tennis Ash Barty and her team have moved out of Australia for 8 months so they don't have to quarantine for ages every time they return home.

Are all ONE events in a Cage?

All have small gloves?

Do their kickboxing rules allow elbows, unlimited clinching and knees? What about trips?

Back