News One Championship On Amazon Prime 3 Adds de Ridder vs Abdulaev, Lineker vs Andrade

Shamil Abdulaev is an good signing. Probably got on ONE's radar after beating noted ONE can Sherif Mohamed

Shamil Abdulaev is an good signing. Probably got on ONE's radar after beating noted ONE can Sherif Mohamed

Yeah, been inactive lately but his only loss is to Salamu, so that's decent.

Also I am still not sold on De Ridder, amazing grappler, probably one of the best, but what happens when he faces someone who can stop his takedowns and strike with him

They're all gonna be live now. They only pre-recorded during COVID to keep costs down. The Amazon shows are in the early morning there and the non Amazon shows are during their nighttime hours.
Tbf the last one had betting odds, so it probably was live.
Idk ONE does some shady stuff and I don’t know if they would go through the trouble of actually fighting them in the morning when you could just stage the whole card and air it later. Just doesn’t seem right to me.

Also I am still not sold on De Ridder, amazing grappler, probably one of the best, but what happens when he faces someone who can stop his takedowns and strike with him

Would like to see him vs Robocop at MW. Is he fighting at WW in his debut in One? maybe try and get that belt before moving up in a super fight vs de Ridder? Or is de Ridder gonna try for HW title and three belts?

Would like to see him vs Robocop at MW. Is he fighting at WW in his debut in One? maybe try and get that belt before moving up in a super fight vs de Ridder? Or is de Ridder gonna try for HW title and three belts?
I hope they don’t let him actually go to HW for a title shot, ONE finally got that division halfway decent.

Not against Malykhin or Bhullar. They're both miles bigger than him, I don't see how he gets them down.

assuming he's not leaving or whatever that talk was and he is staying there my guess is he'd fight Soldic first while HW title gets sorted out and then I could see them doing it. Nobody has done 3 belts and even in one it still would be legit achievement and maybe One does it.

Whether or not he has the size or grappling to win is another matter but the pickins are slim over there after a Soldic fight.

Kind of embarrassing for your champion to be defending against someone making their promotional debut, but I'll allow it.

assuming he's not leaving or whatever that talk was and he is staying there my guess is he'd fight Soldic first while HW title gets sorted out and then I could see them doing it. Nobody has done 3 belts and even in one it still would be legit achievement and maybe One does it.

Whether or not he has the size or grappling to win is another matter but the pickins are slim over there after a Soldic fight.

Soldic is aiming for LWs as Eddie Alvarez rather than MWs step into the cage at above 210lbs like De Ridder.

I expect Soldic to become WW champ in ONE and eventually challenge for MW belt as well but not anytime soon. He was als interested in becoming kickboxing champion in ONE.

BTW Christian Lee just asked for a fight with WW champ Kiamriam Abbasov.

Soldic is aiming for LWs as Eddie Alvarez rather than MWs step into the cage at above 210lbs like De Ridder.

I expect Soldic to become WW champ in ONE and eventually challenge for MW belt as well but not anytime soon. He was als interested in becoming kickboxing champion in ONE.

BTW Christian Lee just asked for a fight with WW champ Kiamriam Abbasov.
Lightweight in one is 170, how Soldic makes that without cutting is a different story since ONE Weigh ins works in magical and physics breaking ways

Lightweight in one is 170, how Soldic makes that without cutting is a different story since ONE Weigh ins works in magical and physics breaking ways

I know. I meant that Soldic showed interest on fighting Eddie. I assume Eddie would move up to WW which is 185 in ONE.

Eventually, Soldic maybe takes on the likes of RDR at 205+ but as of now he is aiming for smaller guys with more name

Back