News ONE Championship reports record high $110 million in losses for 2021, $383 million in total

I really don't get how they continue to get people to invest.

Year after year they their revenue goes up and the loses increase staggering amounts each year. Many times double from the year before. They been business for over 10 years now and they still have yet to get their spending under control. I'm guessing they are just taking new investor money and paying old investor money back over and over. I can not for the life of me see how this can be sustainable long term. It is quite obvious the product can not support itself and in any business that isn't good for any type of long term outlook. After 10 plus years you have to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel but its dark as ever in world of ONE.

P.S.: This seems to be a major financial fallout just waiting to happen with a lot people losing money and probably suing(depending on the laws over there). It's a perfect example of a house of cards.

If they licensed their name and fighters out to a videogame maker, they could make that back.

Not saying they would sell UFC #s... but you don't need to sell that much to make that much. A game released in those Asian countries, with those arenas... those intros.

It's not easy developing a MMA game from scratch but I'm sure Yuke's still have these arenas and assets laying around to be modded.

Just port the engine...update the textures..... update what's possible to get it released in a timely manner etc.

They already have Pride/OneFC rules regarding grounded opponents.

I've wanted Bellator to do this... but oh well.. Maybe Yukes could contact these other organizations and release individual games for low prices (29.99-39.99). Just modded versions for each organization. If they just wanted to be included in one (like EA's original MMA game), that would be even better.

If they licensed their name and fighters out to a videogame maker, they could make that back.

Not saying they would sell UFC #s... but you don't need to sell that much to make that much. A game released in those Asian countries, with those arenas... those intros.

It's not easy developing a MMA game from scratch but I'm sure Yuke's still have these arenas and assets laying around to be modded.

Just port the engine...update the textures..... update what's possible to get it released in a timely manner etc.

I've wanted Bellator to do this... but oh well.. Maybe Yukes could contact these other organizations and release individual games for low prices (29.99-39.99). Just modded versions for each organization. If they just wanted to be included in one (like EA's original MMA game), that would be even better.

After the diasaster of EA MMA, I dont think anyone will tray another MMA game, even though that one was a pretty awesome game.

Yea I'd sing up to the next Fyre Fest before I believe a word Chatri says about ONEs finances

bork1}

They’re not here for a long time, they’re here for a good time(although they’ve been around since 2011.)

Do not know much about NFTs but art work on fighters get traded and sold like bitcoin.

The investor they teamed up with his a data analytics company Incedo Inc, maybe there is synergy in building data profiles across expanding economies with comparatively less data than exists per person in the west. Fung Teh negotiated F1 contracts etc. The guys running the business aren't low level shysters, these losses are being sustained regularly but people are still investing so these losses must be worth something down the line.

ONE will continue receiving the funds needed to stay afloat from the CCP (and elsewhere) just off of the prestige of China having a premier mma organization.

Yukes is busy with AEW, and at any rate, a game would take 2 or 3 years to create, at the fastest.

Hope it last for some time, kb/muay thai content is really good.
Although the MMA Part is pride lite
Pride lite is still a better product than UFC imo. The quality isn’t there but the rules are just so much better. I cry every time someone is on their hands and knees and the fighter in dominant position can’t even knee them in the head.

Back