News ONE Championship will host a weekly shows at Lumpinee Stadium

Like more money for muay thai is great obviously but where is all this money coming from.
I Just hope ONE doesnt go bankrupt too fast.
I am really enjoying their kickboxing/muay thai stuff atm
Money laundering most likely. Who knows for sure.

I'm not mad at it though. Keep those washing machines turning and the fights coming.

Yeah great news for muay thai and fighters in thailand.
I wonder will they push for more ko's, more exciting fights. Like ko bonus and fight of the night bonus etc.
I do hope they keep 5 round fights though. Especially for younger fighters coming up. Gives them more experience and they have to be a bit fitter to do the 5 rounds.

BIG move... to win over Thailand, might get a TV deal out of it here. But cannot see them ever selling pay-for-views. Right now so much muay thai on tv right now, and thais think kb is too weak and mma is a bit different may attract some new younger audiences. But they remove most of the ceremony the noisy music and pagency that thais love so much.

Like more money for muay thai is great obviously but where is all this money coming from.
I Just hope ONE doesnt go bankrupt too fast.
I am really enjoying their kickboxing/muay thai stuff atm

Hopefully its a case that ONE Fc has Investors with deep pockets

This announcement has been making big, divisive waves in the Muay Thai community. Cultural purists and gatekeepers vs. the March of progress in the sport.
I definitly thinks its a net positive. Most important part is they will be improving the purses. The purses of the top fighters in lumpinee is the same and in many cases lower than the early nineties. In real terms thats a masaive decline in purses. If u wanna have very good, dedicated thai (national) fighters, money is a big motivating factor.
Gambling has corrupted the sport and the gamblers don't give a crap about the fighters.

Where does he get this kind of money?!

Qatar Investment Authority, Guggenheim Investments, Sequoia Capital and 7 Other Investors. Private equity companies, he sells them on the idea of One being a new promotion and they are getting on the ground floor of a company that will be Asia martial arts center of Asia and the world. Dude can sell.

Qatar Investment Authority, Guggenheim Investments, Sequoia Capital and 7 Other Investors. Private equity companies, he sells them on the idea of One being a new promotion and they are getting on the ground floor of a company that will be Asia martial arts center of Asia and the world. Dude can sell.

I honestly couldn't care if he's whoring himself out on a Friday night, if he makes kickboxing and muay thai fights i'm happy.

I'm very happy to hear this and cannot wait to watch. I'm not a Muay Thai purist, but hope any big changes consider the feelings of traditionalists. More money for fighters is beautiful, and from a selfish point of view I love the idea of One standards of promotion and English language commentary.

Back