ONE Fists of Fury: Petrosyan vs Kiria, Superlek vs Ennachi, Rodtang vs Rivas

Superlek vs Ennahachi instead of Superlek vs Rodtang or Ennahachi vs Rodtang? A bit strange but i'll take it.

ONE Fists of Fury 2 - Eersel vs Murtazaev.

Superlek vs Ennahachi instead of Superlek vs Rodtang or Ennahachi vs Rodtang? A bit strange but i'll take it.

ONE Fists of Fury 2 - Eersel vs Murtazaev.
I think because Ennachi has a good chance of beating Superlek. I don't see him beating Rodtang.

I think because Ennachi has a good chance of beating Superlek. I don't see him beating Rodtang.

Yeah Superlek's KB debut was closer than most thought it would be. It's just weird because Superlek is #1 for Rodtang's belt, and Rodtang wanted to fight Ennahachi last year.

I couldn't care less about Petro vs Kiria, though i will watch it just in case a meteor crashes into the ring.

Not really excited by any of these match ups. There is a lot more interesting match ups to be made in my opinion. Petrosyan vs kiria is particularly disappointing.

Would be a great win for superlek if he could pull it off.

How many times has superlek even fought in kickboxing?

How many times has superlek even fought in kickboxing?
I think once

He tries to brawl but I don't think he is built for trading heavy punches. If he fights smart using his IQ I think he can be more succesful.

Petro looking for a warm up after a year long hiatus is pretty on brand. He'll have to take on a top guy soon after this though to be taken serious.

Looks like a fun card and only one MMA fight thankfully PLUS some Wondergril action.

Petro looking for a warm up after a year long hiatus is pretty on brand. He'll have to take on a top guy soon after this though to be taken serious.

Looks like a fun card and only one MMA fight thankfully PLUS some Wondergril action.
The problem is a missed opportunity decreases the chances of a fight happening at all. Petrosyan could have fought Sittichai in Glory back in 2015 already (not sure why it didn't happen, not blaming Petrosyan here). Sittichai was arguably in his peak 2015-2018 now it's not as interesting. But if he keeps fighting Kiria and Nattawut, the Superbon and Marat fight might never happen.

I'm not defending Petro as i can't read his mind but you guys have to remember that they want to run another grand prix this or next year, and they have to make sure all the guys in it are active. I know this sounds like an excuse but they'll book Allazov, Tayfun and other this year to keep them busy.

Rodtang is always a far better watch than Petro for me personally.

LET'S GO RODTANK!

i wonder when will petrosyan fight another fighter from the top 10 in the division, ever again...

he became a cherry picker can crusher, not worse than saenchai tho...

Kiria lost a lot of fights but I would argue he was around top 10 between 2016-2019, with wins over Zuev, Risco, Moiseev, Toutouh and Nordin Ben Moh.

i wonder when will petrosyan fight another fighter from the top 10 in the division, ever again...

he became a cherry picker can crusher, not worse than saenchai tho...
Saenchai who is 40 years old ?
Do you even know who Saenchai is ?
Petrosian doesn't even have 10% of the resume of Saenchai .

Kiria lost a lot of fights but I would argue he was around top 10 between 2016-2019, with wins over Zuev, Risco, Moiseev, Toutouh and Nordin Ben Moh.
I think once

He tries to brawl but I don't think he is built for trading heavy punches. If he fights smart using his IQ I think he can be more succesful.

I think it's a good plan to make Superlek fight Ilias and if Superlek win they can make flyweight MT champ ( Rodtang ) vs flyweight KB champ ( Superlek ) .
If Superlek lose then he can always fight Rodtang for Muay Thai belt later on .
Also they say this will be Rotdtang last fight before going to kickboxing ( against Jacob ) so that mean they plan on making Rodtang go to kickboxing soon .
Rodtang vs Ilias after Ilias beat Superlek is a massive fight , arguably more massive than if Superlek beat Ilias and then fight Rodtang .
Either way it's very good for ONE FC but as a matchup this isn't great .
Superlek only got 1 kickboxing fight and now he is fighting one of the most dangerous non-Thai kickboxer at 61 KG .
With guys like Panpayak being back i think Superlek vs Ilias isn't really that bad of a matchup for the division .
They can always make Panpayak vs Haggerty , Mongkholpetch vs Momotaro and how about Petchdam vs Elias 2 ?
Rodtang is very likely to crush Rivas then crush Jacob and get even more hype for a Superlek/Ilias title fight for either the Muay Thai or Kickboxing belt .
Superlek if he beat Ilias is probably gonna be a top 5 kickboxer at 61 KG , it's good for him .
Haggerty dominating a Thai like Mongkholpetch or Petchdam is gonna propels him for a title shot so i hope it happen .

Saenchai who is 40 years old ?
Do you even know who Saenchai is ?
Petrosian doesn't even have 10% of the resume of Saenchai .
yeah i know, but do not pretend that the performances against the bums hes fighting in the last 5 years are that impresive

yeah i know, but do not pretend that the performances against the bums hes fighting in the last 5 years are that impresive
Saenchai can fight anyone isn't anyone problem at all .
Saenchai is a top fighter from 1996 to 2016 and many consider him the best and greatest ever , why would he need to fight anyone lol .
His resume is greater than any other fighter since the golden era , he doesn't have to do anything .
The only people complaining about him fighting bums are kind of disrespectful or probably ignorant\uniformed .
Last 5 years of Saenchai has been incredible consider how old he is .
Damien Alamos who has been recently one of the best non-thai retired at 23 years old .
Saenchai is 40 but still masterful is awe inspiring .
Panpayak ( P4P best resume of this generation ) fought Henrique Muller at 62 KG ( not Panpayak weigh ) and get a first round KO loss ( Panpayak fought like an idiot but its on him , still if Panpayak rematch Henrique 10 time he isn't losing once ) after that Saenchai fought Muller at 65 KG and dominate him then land one of the most beautiful KO of the year .
You can't teach a current generation fighter to be as good as Saenchai its impossible .
Saenchai ( who is 40 ) still spar with modern stars like Tawanchai , Manachai and recently Rodtang .
I don't see any of those stars saying "Saenchai is too old why is he even in the ring with me ?" , every Nak Muay can learn a new thing by training with Saenchai even if they are the current best .
You don't see Samart sparring Saiyok or Buakaw in 2000-2010 but you still see Saenchai sparring Rodtang and Tawanchai .
IMO Saiyok and Buakaw are way better fighter than Tawanchai or Rodtang but Saenchai professionalism is the best in any combat sport .
Saenchai could have retired a decade ago and no one can say anything negative to him , but he is still here in 2021 ! Still looking the best 40 years old Nak Muay !
Can Saenchai fight better opponent ? Yes but you literally can say that to anyone ... ever .
A 40 years old Saenchai still fighting is already a miracle , i don't care who he fight .
Still if you ask me who would i want a 40 years old Saenchai to fight i would probably say get some top 65-70 KG Khmer and Burmese like Soe Lin Oo , Phyan Thway , Tway Thit Win Hliang and make them come to Thai Fight .
Saenchai vs old and fat Keo Rumchong at 70 KG in Thai Fight is a very good fight for a 40 years old Saenchai .
Saenchai probably can beat many Thai at 67-70 KG , wouldn't surprise me one bit if Saenchai beat Guanyu , Nontakij or Rambo in a 3 rounds fight at 67-70 KG .
67-70 KG is the second worst division is Muay Thai , there's a few good guy that Saenchai can beat .
Many want that Saenchai go to ONE FC and fight Nong-O again but that's just dumb , Saenchai is too old to fight in ONE FC .

Back