ONE Fists of Fury: Petrosyan vs Kiria, Superlek vs Ennachi, Rodtang vs Rivas

There were quite a few surprises to me for that event:
  • Hiroki Akimoto vs Zhang Chenglong turned out to be a solid fight, which I wouldn't have expected.
  • Khalilov showed to have a chin and while Rodtang dominated, I was surprised it went the distance. Still an exciting start for Rodtang in Kickboxing.
  • How did 1 judge give the decision to Khalilov and not Rodtang?
  • Petrosyan won as expected but it wasn't as one sided as I thought it would have been and Kiria held his ground.
  • Like many others on here have said, Superlek should have won that fight. I gave 2 rounds to Ennahachi, but both my girlfriend and I were shocked that Superlek wasn't given the decision.
So I think there are some questions to wonder about here:
  • What was wrong with the judging at that event for 1 judge to give the decision to Khalilov (who got dominated) and not Rodtang + then all 3 judges giving it to Ennahachi instead of Superlek?
  • Should Superlek change his style for Kickboxing and use his hands more rather than just his kicks, knees and clinch control?
  • How will the Rodtang vs Ennahachi fight play out?
  • Why do so many Kickboxers want to turn to MMA at One FC? Is the money that different between MT/KB and MMA even within the same organisation or do they just want to challenge themselves?

I don’t like chatri getting involved and saying that ilias didn’t want to fight. If he’s not happy just issue a rematch
It just proves how limited he is. Fanatical.. He should order a rematch and that"s all! Why hyping the fight so much? Both of the contestants were dead for half of the match.

Superlek did nothing in the first rounds, Ilias did nothing in the last rounds. It is proved they should be better develop more, if not Chatri should acquire some more bantamweights.

Because at this time, hardly they are as good as Chatri is presenting them.

How can you hype for such a bout? Chatri style. There would be hype if the owner would acquire Wei Rui, Koya Urabe and why not Tenshin in plus. And some less known talent, why not.

Not sure if Rodtang is a real champion, but I really thought he is at least challenger material. And Petrosyan of course, the grande champion. They were the top performers of the night.

I thought Superlek has potential, and I really do think Ilias has some limits which must be corrected. Hardly would be even a challenger with these limits, if all the best bantamweights would be in ONE.

Chatri just proves he is a big Thai fanatic. I doubt he tries to sell anything. Just saying, Petrosyan, Superbon, Sittichai and even Marat are there. If he is looking for a real hype.

It just proves how limited he is. Fanatical.. He should order a rematch and that"s all! Why hyping the fight so much? Both of the contestants were dead for half of the match.

Superlek did nothing in the first rounds, Ilias did nothing in the last rounds. It is proved they should be better develop more, if not Chatri should acquire some more bantamweights.

Because at this time, hardly they are as good as Chatri is presenting them.

How can you hype for such a bout? Chatri style. There would be hype if the owner would acquire Wei Rui, Koya Urabe and why not Tenshin in plus. And some less known talent, why not.
Fanatic is the perfect word to describe him. The rematch doesn’t interest me either but it’ll be interesting to see Ilias vs Rodtang first.

Rewatch the first round, BOTH did nothing. But Superlek landed as many strikes as Ennachi and even a headkick. You can count the strikes yourself if you want.
Wei Rui and Koya Urabe are too big but Superlek would have a decent chance of beating both or at least give them a good fight regardless.

Fanatic is the perfect word to describe him. The rematch doesn’t interest me either but it’ll be interesting to see Ilias vs Rodtang first.
Well, they call it the Flyweight.

Honestly a good match would be Rodtang vs. Nong-O, but Nong-O has not fought on kickboxing rules so far I think. Not sure what is the plan with Rodtang.

My impression is they should do the rematch again. But both Ilias and Superlek do not look so dominant. They can develop though.

Wei Rui and Koya Urabe are too big but Superlek would have a decent chance of beating both or at least give them a good fight regardless.

They are also fighting in the -63 kg or less.

For Ilias better would be the rematch, because he loses to Rodtang. Plus you need to turn off the talk. On the other hand, Superlek will be highly pressured. He only has about 2 fights in kickboxing. But Superlek is like Pet in Glory, he does not lose anything even if he loses again. He will have the chance to improve more anytime.

So Ilias vs. Superlek II next. If Superlek will not make it, then Rodtang is the next champion.

Superlek left me the impression he has good potential, but notice also he fought against a gassed out Ilias in the last rounds... The time to adaptation of Superlek is very short, and I doubt we will see another Pet!

Probably after Rodtang will capture the belt, probably these 2 will not re-capture it easily from Rodtang or anyone who can beat him.

2 kg difference
Up to 3-4-5 kg difference is very common in kickboxing. Well, depends also on the divisions and the fighters themselves. Because one who comes from -85 or even -80 to -95, without "super" reach, will never fight well in the HW (more like SHW). Some are doing it for money.

I talked so several fighters recently and indeed for some even 5 kilograms can be not very comfortable.

Rui and Urabe are usually at 66? Because it would be a difference of 5, if they don"t make the -63 kg anymore.

Depends a lot on the body. For some is fun to switch categories.

Wondergirl was doing well before she got blasted and couldnt recover after that. I think she could have won if she used a kick based attack or if the fight was with 8oz gloves. Very impressive performance by Jackie though, does anyone know anything about her? Apparently she is 23 and trains with Janet Todd but Ive never seen her other fights.

edit: Also it makes sense now why Wondergirl never recovered and had double vision, her face was fractured in 2 places by that punch. Wow thats like something from Mortal Kombat: ONE Championship: Wondergirl Fairtex suffers two facial fractures, double vision from Jackie Buntan punch | South China Morning Post (scmp.com)

Wondergirl was doing well before she got blasted and couldnt recover after that. I think she could have won if she used a kick based attack or if the fight was with 8oz gloves. Very impressive performance by Jackie though, does anyone know anything about her? Apparently she is 23 and trains with Janet Todd but Ive never seen her other fights.

edit: Also it makes sense now why Wondergirl never recovered and had double vision, her face was fractured in 2 places by that punch. Wow thats like something from Mortal Kombat: ONE Championship: Wondergirl Fairtex suffers two facial fractures, double vision from Jackie Buntan punch | South China Morning Post (scmp.com)

Poor Wondergirl! I might have to rewatch but i thought Jackie was easily win every exchange even before the knockdown. Wondergirl got outclassed from bell to bell.

Poor Wondergirl! I might have to rewatch but i thought Jackie was easily win every exchange even before the knockdown. Wondergirl got outclassed from bell to bell.
Agreed, she didn't look motivated for that fight right from the bell. Jackie was all business. I'm sure Wonder Girl bounces back and I hope she does. Sometimes you need to be humbled to get hungry.

Agreed, she didn't look motivated for that fight right from the bell. Jackie was all business. I'm sure Wonder Girl bounces back and I hope she does. Sometimes you need to be humbled to get hungry.

Yeah maybe this is an unfair and incorrect assessment but i feel like the Fairtex girls need to put their heads down, train hard and be more serious. The gym name will only get you so far until you come up against someone who wants your name on their resume.

Yeah maybe this is an unfair and incorrect assessment but i feel like the Fairtex girls need to put their heads down, train hard and be more serious. The gym name will only get you so far until you come up against someone who wants your name on their resume.
Fairtex is far removed from the hunger days...

I dont think Wondergirl was fighting at half effort or with a sense of entitlement, I just think she tried to have a boxing match with a girl who has much better hands than her. Wondergirl speaks English btw and she has done podcasts in English, she comes across as a humble and diligent fighter.

True, but the way Stamp and Wondergirl carry themselves it's as if they think they've won before the fight starts.
Wondergirl only joined the gym recently? was she training with her dad n sister most of the time. Stamp could be affected by a broken heart. Ha ha

I dont think Wondergirl was fighting at half effort or with a sense of entitlement, I just think she tried to have a boxing match with a girl who has much better hands than her. Wondergirl speaks English btw and she has done podcasts in English, she comes across as a humble and diligent fighter.
I got a little of those vibes at the start of the fight personally, but I hope you are right. I like her skillset and I think she's good for the sports marketability so I hope she bounces back stronger. Ultimately the credit goes to Jackie for bringing the fight to her and offering a nice in/out combination style. She was landing that lead hook at will even before the shot that dropped Wonder Girl.

Back