ONE Fists of Fury: Petrosyan vs Kiria, Superlek vs Ennachi, Rodtang vs Rivas

Sure would be nice if you guys could discuss kickboxing without it devolving into a a nationalistic, xenophobic bitch fest.

Sure would be nice if the giving of cards was consistent for both involved but it's not. I even gave plenty of evidence that he insults far more than i do and yet i'm the only one punished.

Not arguing, just wondering where the consistency is.

Sure would be nice if the giving of cards was consistent for both involved but it's not. I even gave plenty of evidence that he insults far more than i do and yet i'm the only one punished.

Not arguing, just wondering where the consistency is.
Lack of moderation in this sub forum is likely the cause. Because of that things only get noticed if they are reported. That changes now. All issues regarding moderation within this sub can be brought to me.

Sure would be nice if you guys could discuss kickboxing without it devolving into a a nationalistic, xenophobic bitch fest.
We would love that and have been advocating for that, unfortunately ONE single poster feels the need to inject that conversation into every topic.

If you need more context I have been informing @PUO3 about these issues which go back years.

We would love that and have been advocating for that, unfortunately ONE single poster feels the need to inject that conversation into every topic.

If you need more context I have been informing @PUO3 about these issues which go back years.
My pm box is available for all.

Yes and we have also heard this by dutchmen for years, not in any official rules or judging criteria. It's nothing new.
Not that it doesnt score but I think the way KB scoring developed was with guys who already had a cultural familiarity with boxing and tried to incorporate kicks into a boxing mindset, so they look for a clean/blocked dichotomy much more than Thailand for example where MT had kicks as it was built from the ground up. Just from watching a lot of KB fights over the years it seems to score more like a jab than a hard cross.

Wondergirl came in thinking she could just do what's she's done lately and walk her opponent down and not worry - well when you have skillled, strong, fast fighter who can crack and you don't respect you get what happened. She never recovered from getting face planted. Falling in love with your power.

And who the fuck was judging the last bout? Superlek beats up Ennahachi for 3 and a half rounds and loses.

<Kpop01><Huh2><Varys01><{cruzshake}>

Wondergirl came in thinking she could just do what's she's done lately and walk her opponent down and not worry - well when you have skillled, strong, fast fighter who can crack and you don't respect you get what happened. She never recovered from getting face planted. Falling in love with your power.

And who the fuck was judging the last bout? Superlek beats up Ennahachi for 3 and a half rounds and loses.

<Kpop01><Huh2><Varys01><{cruzshake}>

Never seen Jackie before but she was just too fast and precise. Wondergirl couldn't seem to believe what was happening to her.

Not that it doesnt score but I think the way KB scoring developed was with guys who already had a cultural familiarity with boxing and tried to incorporate kicks into a boxing mindset, so they look for a clean/blocked dichotomy much more than Thailand for example where MT had kicks as it was built from the ground up. Just from watching a lot of KB fights over the years it seems to score more like a jab than a hard cross.

This makes sense. I was trying to surmise why it might've gone against Superlek and it just seemed to be either the kicks from Superlek were in question, or we had bad judges.

They should've just made Rodtang vs Superlek!

True but try to score it round by round and count the amount of punches Ennahachi landed. Not many clean punches

how long was it that we didn't have a good old kicks vs. punches anti-Thai robbery? I missed it!

What's interesting is that often in these fights the farang who "wins" with his boxing barely lands any good punches at all. we're all level headed scholars here, we wouldn't be calling it a robbery if it was reasonably close. the point is that Ennachi got kicked to bolivia and didn't even look like he wanted to be there in the 4th and 5th rounds. you can't even recognize what was the thought process of the judges to give the nod to a guy who got stomped with kicks and barely edged his opponents with punches.

how long was it that we didn't have a good old kicks vs. punches anti-Thai robbery? I missed it!

What's interesting is that often in these fights the farang who "wins" with his boxing barely lands any good punches at all. we're all level headed scholars here, we wouldn't be calling it a robbery if it was reasonably close. the point is that Ennachi got kicked to bolivia and didn't even look like he wanted to be there in the 4th and 5th rounds. you can't even recognize what was the thought process of the judges to give the nod to a guy who got stomped with kicks and barely edged his opponents with punches.

I just want to clarify that yesterday when the fight happened i wasn't saying i think Ennahachi should win the decision, i was simply saying i believed the judges would side with him as i've seen similar fights in the past go against the kicker.

I 100% wanted Superlek to win, and i believe he did so.

By the way Liam Harrison is doing a podcast right now on his youtube channel with Rodtang's next opponent if anyone is interested.

ONE has no official criteria or guidance to the fighters on what they should be focusing on to score, this was bound to happen eventually. They are a big fat mess.

Chatri implying that ONE is sanctioned by a 3rd party and not himself - and like he doesnt have total control over scoring criteria and judge selection. Absolute clownshoes org. Throwing Ennahachi under the bus too, great all round.

OMFG NO! Again with this shit? At least he didn't overturn the decision this time! Chatri just needs to "disappear" at this point. Hopefully someone yakuzas him and there's an unfortunate hotel situation. Disgusting this guy just wants to write his own story to these fights and manipulate the outcome he wants til he gets it. Disgusting. For the record I think Superlek won but what a fucking joke. 2nd time he's done this type of fucc boi shit. Just have Rodtang vs Ennachai and then make Superlek vs Rodtang under muay thai not fucking kickboxing since they're both MUAY THAI fighters. Asian Dana is a fucking clown

OMFG NO! Again with this shit? At least he didn't overturn the decision this time! Chatri just needs to "disappear" at this point. Hopefully someone yakuzas him and there's an unfortunate hotel situation. Disgusting this guy just wants to write his own story to these fights and manipulate the outcome he wants til he gets it. Disgusting. For the record I think Superlek won but what a fucking joke. 2nd time he's done this type of fucc boi shit. Just have Rodtang vs Ennachai and then make Superlek vs Rodtang under muay thai not fucking kickboxing since they're both MUAY THAI fighters. Asian Dana is a fucking clown
Why are you so upset with this? That fight was a bad decision. Like you said he's not overturning the decision which I am happy with. He's calling for a rematch which is common in combat sports when there is a controversial decision. You say you thought Superlek won yet it seems like you want that Rodtang vs Ennachai fight really bad. Real fight fans want to see fair decisions. That should be priority.

I never liked the overturning of the petch/petro fight. Once you make a decision you should stick to it and move on but this is not that. He's just calling for a rematch.

Never seen Jackie before but she was just too fast and precise. Wondergirl couldn't seem to believe what was happening to her.
I'd only seen a few clips of Jackie but I do follow her s & c coach and have seen some of her s & c and I knew she was strong and quick - plus she trains with Janet Todd.

I knew Jackie would put up a good fight and thought she'd maybe win a close dec. Never expected the domination (which was in part Wondergirl not respecting her opponent till she got face planted and couldn't recover ).

Back