ONE: Haggerty vs Rodtang (2nd August, Manila)

I think you seem to forget Tenshin would never take this fight under FTR, and none of us were implying that.

I just don't see the appeal of having Haggerty who's never fought in kickboxing rules face Tenshin in those rules. But maybe that's just me.

They should make Tenshin vs Takeru instead...

I actually think haggerty can beat rodtang in the future. he has to perfect his jab and teep and keep it up for 5 rounds and as soon as rodtang gets close he needs to tie up rodtang immediately. i know easier said than done but i think he is capable pulling it off. he has to execute the game place flawlessly. he did not utilise enough jabs in this fight

I just don't see the appeal of having Haggerty who's never fought in kickboxing rules face Tenshin in those rules. But maybe that's just me.

They should make Tenshin vs Takeru instead...
Muay Thai fighters go over and fight Kickboxing at a high level with limited KB experience all the time, that shouldn't be an issue. He can give Tenshin a tough fight.

The Takeru fight is obvious but not realistic anytime soon...

Not sure how ONE scores but Rodtang seemed to very clearly take over in round 4and win the arch of the fight. I actually was more impressed with Haggerty's performance than I would have been if he got into a brawl with Rodtang and won by KO. He showed an excellent teep and scored will with kicks and got a few sweeps, although he himself got swept a lot. The guy has 16 fights so probably has a great career ahead of him.

Did Neunglanlek end up fighting on this card? I watched all the fights on youtube and didn't see him.

I was rooting for Rodtang but only gave him the 4th. Great chin but too hittable

Does ONE have a streaming service so that you can watch the full event after it has aired? All I can find are shit quality youtube vids...

Does ONE have a streaming service so that you can watch the full event after it has aired? All I can find are shit quality youtube vids...

Download the ONE app. You can rewatch the fights after it has aired.

Cool to see the smaller rodtank walk haggerty down like that. Those body shots were vicous and that was an awesome knockdown. Clear win for the tank. Nothing Johnathan did phased him. He ate whatever john threw at him.

Cool to see the smaller rodtank walk haggerty down like that. Those body shots were vicous and that was an awesome knockdown. Clear win for the tank. Nothing Johnathan did phased him. He ate whatever john threw at him.

that was literally a coin toss on who won. Nothing ever phases Rodtang, doesn't mean he's not getting outpointed massively on the outside.

Didn't find a working stream until the bell rang to end the fight. If ONE didn't do that stupid deal with B/R Live I could actually watch their fights instead of scouring around the internet and eventually just watching the replay. I can't help but think their marketers are idiots when they try to grow a niche combat sport on a niche streaming service (sound familiar?)

It's free on YouTube in most countries around the world.
The most easily available combat sports show by a country mile.

If you want to watch a free stream when they ask you to pay just use a proxy and watch it on YouTube

They have the entire video on youtube... try with VPN

Given that Haggerty has only had like 17 pro fights he's a good natural talent. Heard he sometimes trains at Keddles gym in Orpington. Not too far from where I am. Might try it out one day.

Ugh, on my phone. Meanwhile I have a big 4k tv hooked into a sound system...
b/r app (bleacher report live) is the only way to watch in America.. They usually show just the main card live and then have the whole event up a couple hours after it ends to rewatch

b/r app (bleacher report live) is the only way to watch in America.. They usually show just the main card live and then have the whole event up a couple hours after it ends to rewatch
@Kanka is right. Use a VPN and watch on YouTube. I have a nicely built pc, don't wanna mess with phone apps.

I thought it was a very nice fight and I have rarely seen such beautiful teeps (Haggerty).
And I watched the fight yesterday coming back from a sparring session with fucked up ribs and a headache after hardly using any teeps at all.

<DCrying>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back