ONE Muay Thai fights with MMA gloves is amazing

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who prefers it over bigger boxing gloves?

Im finding it difficult to go back to watching Muay Thai fights with regular gloves after I watch the amazing fights from ONE. I feel like ALL muay thai fights should be with MMA gloves or the traditional ropes. The excitement level is way higher. The elbows that you sneak in between the guard is viscous. Rodtang vs Haggerty was a gorgeous fight to watch. Hopefully one day we will see Saenchai fight in ONE. I really hope they take over in terms of high level muay thai.

Perhaps a compromise can be made
ronda-rousey-ring-magazine.jpg

The small gloves are cool but they completely change the game and heavily favor muay mat fighters. Panpayak got KO'd by some random guy because of MMA gloves. I prefer to keep it on shows like MX where everyone is aware that they are breaking traditions and conventions to do something novel. For a show like ONE with so many world class fighters I would prefer 8 oz gloves.

I read it somewhere 13 yo kid dies recently from a punch in MT.
and pretty sure somebody too in the past ? is that why they change the rope to glove?

and no offense to One but I think their talent doesn't deep enough.
they might get away with it so far. with few hight level match per month.
but if they have top talent in their prime like MT stadium guys. punch each other every few days.
pretty sure somebody gonna die again.

so No I hope all MT stick to their old glove I okay with it.

Yes, its much better and much more realistic. It forces the sport away from being too controlled by the rules. That's just my take. The Muay Thai culture is already corrupt with betting and what not. Its gone further and further away from practical to becoming more and more sport. Also, its way better than BKB or anything like that, because that is a guaranteed way to break your hands. The MT version allows for way more set ups. I enjoy it quite a bit.

Good luck using it in war.

gOoD lUcK uSiNg It In WaR

Yeah dude, because the military only teaches you how to use guns and hand to hand combat has NEVER happened or been necessary at any point. Especially for non lethal purposes.

Fucking gimmicky thing. They are bringing to stand up combat the worst thing of MMA (eyepokes) I already have seen some.
If they want to increase KO ratio, just use fucking 6oz boxing gloves, covering the fingers.

ONE needs to make Rodtang vs Superlek, that's the fight.

ONE needs to make Rodtang vs Superlek, that's the fight.

That would be great but ONE has never matched Thai vs Thai.
In fact they seem very averse to having 2 fighters from the same country fight each other in general over the last few yrs, other than in low level prelim fights and domestic tournaments.
Eersel vs Holzken the exception.

In fact they seem very averse to having 2 fighters from the same country fight each other in general over the last few yrs, other than in low level prelim fights and domestic tournaments.
They're gonna run out of Muay Thai matchups very quick then lol.

Hopefully they're just building up the division a little bit so the elite guys are facing each other in title/big fights instead of early on.

Plus Rodtang has said he wants to fight Petchdam next for the Kickboxing belt.

El Bouni vs Khbabez

Back