Law Opioid Billionaires Get SLAP ON THE WRIST For Murdering Hundreds Of Thousands

Yes but let's say you didn't that would not alleviate the tool manufacturer from liability. It would just mean that both you and the manufacturer are liable.
Had an example of this today. A return customer called wanting me to swap out a tub valve he got a great deal on. I asked for pictures and told him if it's junk I won't do the job. Sure enough it was an off brand POS that has a history of being defective out if the box. Would have made a quick $150 but walked away from it. Doctors should do the same and refuse to prescribe harmful medicine.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programing...

Yes, history showed different handling. Recent history showed riots, chaos, destruction of cities when judgements came down on certain classes. In turn the judicial system gave in which is what I'm claiming would happen here. Case in point, the prosecution of: The McCloskey's, Kyle Rittenhouse, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor settlement, etc...
Lol, riots, chaos, etc.?
<{clintugh}>
I guess we're done discussing drugs. drug providers and drug victims...

I know some of you like to move the goalposts out of nowhere but I'd forgotten how absurd it is when in print.

Good thing most opioid victims aren’t a preferred pigment in this day and age…

Had opioids hit the urban, inner cities they whole family would get capital punishment

<LikeReally5>

Because CIA officials went to prison for flooding the inner cities with crack. Oh wait, that never happened.

Lol, riots, chaos, etc.?
<{clintugh}>
I guess we're done discussing drugs. drug providers and drug victims...

I know some of you like to move the goalposts out of nowhere but I'd forgotten how absurd it is when in print.
Which part don't you understand? The correlation is so strong even a blind man can see it, but not a bleeding heart apparently... When high profile cases against people of color received a judgment against the narrative people burned, looted and murdered. Look at the charges brought against Chauvin for fear of backlash. Same reason DAs took up charges against McCloskey's and why Rittenhouse was even held at all, nevertheless the charges. I mean Ferguson was burned down after Michael Brown verdict. I mean, after the Zimmerman verdict there were riots across the country.

AGAIN, WHEN PREFERRED CLASSES ARE VICTIMS THE COURTS ACT DIFFERENTLY

If you have followed the opioid epidemic in any way shape or form you would realize their is a key distinction between heroin/meth and opioids. wait for it.... because opioids are written with a prescription, its a futile effort to actually catch users and abusers and convict them of something when wait for it again... they have a prescription. The documentary the Pharmacist details this issue and why police are handcuffed in the opiate war vs. illegal narcotics. Apples to Bananas

With that said, the drug wars especially in the inner cities dating back 50 years were wrong in many ways. There are also treatment centers for Heroin and meth users not just opiates.

lol @ distinction between heroin and opioids when heroin is an opioid. Opioids are chemicals that work on the opioid receptors in the brain.

Heroin is also an opiate which is a substance derived from opium. Heroin, Morphine, Codeine are opiates, oxycodone, hydrocodone, fentanyl aren't.

Stop using terminology you don't understand.

That's tricky. If you give someone a drug and they think it's safe to use responsibly but it's really hyper addictive, are they really to blame?

It's not like the victims went and bought heroin on the black market fully aware of what they were doing. They took prescribed drugs that were presented as minimally habit forming. If the presentation had been "This is as addictive as buying H from a street dealer," some of those people would have acted differently and some of the doctors would have too. The misleading nature of the presentation robbed the victims of the ability to make informed choices.

I knew back in the 90s the first time I was prescribed a bunch for having wisdom teeth pulled. I had never taken any until 2005 the first time my back went out, but I knew what I was taking. I think they absolutely did shady shit snd mislead doctors and bought them off-hell, my dad was a doctor and they paid for our vacations every year, so I know how they wine and dine doctors. But I have never agreed with charging dealers with murder because they sell tainted drugs, so I don’t think it is appropriate here. I absolutely think the family needs to be stripped bare if their wealth though

Good thing most opioid victims aren’t a preferred pigment in this day and age…

Had opioids hit the urban, inner cities they whole family would get capital punishment

wut

Judge Overturns Purdue Pharma’s Opioid Settlement
The ruling said the company’s owners, members of the Sackler family, could not receive protection from civil lawsuits in return for a $4.5 billion contribution.

A federal judge on Thursday evening unraveled a painstakingly negotiated settlement between Purdue Pharma and thousands of state, local and tribal governments who had sued the maker of the prescription painkiller OxyContin for its role in the ongoing opioid epidemic, saying that the plan was flawed in one critical area.

Judge Colleen McMahon of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York said that the settlement, part of a restructuring plan for Purdue approved in September by a bankruptcy judge, should not be allowed because it released the company’s owners, members of the billionaire Sackler family, from liability in civil opioids cases.

The Sacklers did not file for personal bankruptcy protection, but they had made the condition an absolute requirement in exchange for contributing $4.5 billion to the settlement agreement.

The bankruptcy code, Judge McMahon said, does not explicitly permit a judge to grant such releases.

“The great unsettled question in this case is whether the bankruptcy court — or any court — is statutorily authorized to grant such releases,” she wrote.

I can't believe taking opjids was bad for you. I never heard anyone say opium was addictive until this. I'm shocked.
When the Opiods first came they said you could not get addicted to them.
So you have your Doctor telling you its good, and then increasing your script because you build up a tolerance. Then eventually you OD.
I agree if someone smoked crack, and something bad happened sure you can blame the crack head.
Watch Crime of the Century on HBO.
The Crime of the Century (TV Mini Series 2021) - IMDb
They knew the drugs were a problem, but were raking in too much cash to give a fuck. Whats a few hundred thousand deaths if it can make you billions.
Also they have donated over 15+ million to politicians. They also one of the smart companies and spread those bribes to both side of the aisle. They dont take that Rube binary politics bait. The big boys who get shit done, spread the money to both sides.
That 15 million paid dividends, nobody went to jail for knowingly killing people. What a country!
Purdue Pharma Profile: Summary • OpenSecrets

This is where it gets sketchy. They marketed and pretended that their opioids were magically not addictive and had the medical industry back them. It was pretty egregious
I’m amazed at what they handed out. I had my wisdom teeth taken out and remember being prescribed like 20 Tylenol with codine. No one needs that for teeth being pulled. If I had taken them I probably would have gotten addicted

also people who can’t get anymore oxy turn to meth and heroine. All these ODs are a result of all this
I rolled my van in high school on some black ice, came out of it with just a sprained wrist, doctor prescribed me 30 Percocets with an option to refill. I never even got the first batch, but I remember thinking it was insane, I wasn't even in any real pain. My dad died of an OD and I've always been wary of the pharmaceutical industry, it's been weird seeing the narrative on them flip-flop so much these last couple of years.

I mean it not really surprising.

Then people typically blue collar working class people who had no reason to not trust their doctor believed their doctor when told there was no drawback to taking these pills doe their bad back.

Well, you know what? That is why you have to do your own research. All narcotics and shit have issues. Plus, you know you are at least getting diarrhea, dry mouth, and shortness of breath.

What is real bullshit is they don't tell you Ritalin can shrink your dick 2 inches and keep you from getting a full erection...a terrible two weeks I had and never again!

I guess I am a bastard about this. I am impervious to addiction to these pills. I do love Vicodin (yes i know what we are really talking about are OCs) and wish I could just live life on them 24/7 but I can't take 2 pills in one day and cannot take pills two days in a row or they just don't work and maybe give me a headache and nothing else

Also, if you have to shop with your GF/wife then being on Vicodins is like the best thing ever...makes time go by fast and kills the pain.

I rolled my van in high school on some black ice, came out of it with just a sprained wrist, doctor prescribed me 30 Percocets with an option to refill. I never even got the first batch, but I remember thinking it was insane, I wasn't even in any real pain. My dad died of an OD and I've always been wary of the pharmaceutical industry, it's been weird seeing the narrative on them flip-flop so much these last couple of years.

oh Percs are good...not as much as Vicodins but good.

Judge Overturns Purdue Pharma’s Opioid Settlement
The ruling said the company’s owners, members of the Sackler family, could not receive protection from civil lawsuits in return for a $4.5 billion contribution.

A federal judge on Thursday evening unraveled a painstakingly negotiated settlement between Purdue Pharma and thousands of state, local and tribal governments who had sued the maker of the prescription painkiller OxyContin for its role in the ongoing opioid epidemic, saying that the plan was flawed in one critical area.

Judge Colleen McMahon of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York said that the settlement, part of a restructuring plan for Purdue approved in September by a bankruptcy judge, should not be allowed because it released the company’s owners, members of the billionaire Sackler family, from liability in civil opioids cases.

The Sacklers did not file for personal bankruptcy protection, but they had made the condition an absolute requirement in exchange for contributing $4.5 billion to the settlement agreement.

The bankruptcy code, Judge McMahon said, does not explicitly permit a judge to grant such releases.

“The great unsettled question in this case is whether the bankruptcy court — or any court — is statutorily authorized to grant such releases,” she wrote.
So...onto the next lawsuit? Good, bleed these pricks dry.

They should take every cent of that and build rehab centers to counteract the damage they have cause. I guarantee this will not touch these pricks. Not one of the family will be negatively affected by this and will continue to live their insanely obscenely rich existences.

I would love to be able to control their actions and take a shit ton of pain pills and get them addicted and then cut them off of their supply just to watch them squirm.

Sorry about your dad. That’s awful
Yeah it being stated as being non addictive by the FDA was criminal. Docs often didn’t know or were so busy they couldn’t know what was going on , until millions found themselves addicted.

Sorry about your dad. That’s awful
Yeah it being stated as being non addictive by the FDA was criminal. Docs often didn’t know or were so busy they couldn’t know what was going on , until millions found themselves addicted.
Thanks, it was a long time ago. I dunno if I buy that docs didn't know, I think the best faith reading I can give is that they hoped for the best. There's so much money to be made from being even a little crooked that it must be hard not to bend. Even if they didn't know at first, they must have figured it out pretty fast when people started coming in with trumped up injuries once their prescriptions ended. It really makes your heart ache thinking of the pain of so many families.

Thanks, it was a long time ago. I dunno if I buy that docs didn't know, I think the best faith reading I can give is that they hoped for the best. There's so much money to be made from being even a little crooked that it must be hard not to bend. Even if they didn't know at first, they must have figured it out pretty fast when people started coming in with trumped up injuries once their prescriptions ended. It really makes your heart ache thinking of the pain of so many families.
I hear that. But that problem snuck up on them. Many general practitioners are really busy and don’t have time to research. They just listen to the salespeople and hope they were right
And then probably fast forward a few years and suddenly as you said, people are complaining of things that were treated with ibuprofen before. Now they want opioids. I think they probably started to realize. Some wanted to stop imho but they were punished if they denied peoples requests. There were def some that caused in on that and I’ve heard of some that were basically drug dealers.

Back