Out of these musicians (Tournament) - Who are the 3 best singers? (First Semi-Finals)

Who's your picks?

• Total voters
I was about to like that post but Sting and Plant?!? Really? Personal taste of course but Sting in the police rocked shit. And Robert Plant has a legendary voice. Obviously imo, I love Zep and love hearing Plant scream. He has the passion. He’s a fucking feeling man.
Sting is terrible and has no redeeming qualities. I've never been a fan of Plant's voice. He is one of the big reasons why I never really got into Zeppelin. Everyone else on this list has monstrous vocal talent, so to me they really stick out as being a good notch below.

Cole
Orbison
Holiday

Tough pickings. Went with the three who had the best combo of uniqueness, listenability, and chops.

Semis already....

Not going to lie, disappointed no Dio or Geoff Tate....and I don't recall seeing Bruce Dickinson in the first round...

Semis already....

Not going to lie, disappointed no Dio or Geoff Tate....and I don't recall seeing Bruce Dickinson..

I had Rob Halford in this tournament the so called metal of god. And he didn't even come close to making it in the Semi-Finals. I doubt those guys you mentioned would of got a lot of votes also. It is what it is.

1.) Whitney Houston
2.) Robert Plant
3.) Michael Jackson

Whitney - Probably the greatest overall vocalist in mainstream music.
Aretha
Marvin

literally listen to none of these ones on the regular.
so ill vote based on what i think talent, and trying to keep rock alive

Whitney, Aretha and Michael in no particular order

MJ
Plant
Aretha

Just don't care for Whitney but I think she's probably top 3. Would take Aretha off if I had to.

MJ

...I'm gonna have to think about the other two

If you look closely you will see I cast my Keys Dion the Winehouse.

There's more to singing than range. Tone, feeling, and just the sound of the voice, are all factored in. Some have more musicality than others like Orbison. Gaye had soul. I'm Québécois and didn't vote for Celine

If feeling mattered, Bob Dylan would be in the pantheon of great singers. I believe by tone you mean frequency. And sure, Stevie Nicks has a rare frequency and pitch. If, however, you asked someone with a unique frequency to sing a Celine song, they'd have to falsetto their way through it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back