Out of these musicians (Tournament) - Who are the 3 best singers? (First Semi-Finals)

Who's your picks?

• Total voters
Best singer..... singer people. Celine is frequently listed as one of the best to ever do it. 5-6 octave range. You guys don't know shit. Plant and Orbison don't even have pipes good enough to suck a fart out of Celine's butthole.
Range does not = quality. Celine Dion is awful to listen to. Pure bathos. Roy Orbison actually sings with feeling apart from his exquisite voice and operatic vibrato.

First Elimination Round
Second Elimination Round
Third Elimination Round
Fourth Elimination Round
Fifth Elimination Round

My choices are:

Whitney Houston
Amy Winehouse
Roy Orbison

PM me or let me know on here if you don't want to be tagged.

Please vote, thank you.

@paddan @TheNinja @Doomer @TCE @Piperrr @ASUThermo @Chesten_Hesten @dc007 @ThinkGreen @Axefan4life @xHeadx @pv3Hpv3p @JinKazama @Screwtape @2DUM2TAP @aldeniro78 @Fedorgasm @Starck @Anialater @TheRash @shunyata @Cyrano200 @wigglestick @cowboyjunkie @TrueBias @empsim @raty tat tat @I Am Legion @offshore33 @ripsta619 @Jackie Blue @Solid @THE MARTIAN @Mesos @Swiftie @Digital Fire @Shonuffbrad @Trill850 @rustledjimjams @ironmansnap @SL1200 @wendelbudwhite @dindonker @Korben @Amerikuracana @ThinkGreen @Sleestaxk
@KnightTemplar @Ares Black @Zookeeper Gabe @Proud American @Askren’s chin @Excelsior @bubbleboyjones @Brandon Wilson @marioh @SammyPops @BB in Crazy!!!! @method115 @Virginiatechmic @Simian Raticus @Cherry Brigand @Adamant @Dark One @sanfranpsycho @Lebnof @Ablis89 @FortieSicks @GearSolidMetal @IloveTHIS @Vigorelli @steeldragon @Dr Curtis Love @HUGHPHUG @MilesAbove @Law Talkin’ Guy @moreorless87 @Randlewand @Uncle J @revoltub @Drain Bamage @dindonker @SKYNET @RoyalTS @CHUTE_BOXE78 @IndyCovaHart @Magooglie @BARNUM @Hanz_Blitz @Satanical Eve @D3THRONED @bosox32 @danny23 @ManCityFC9 @PajamaSnugz
@sleepwalk @Krimzon @MusterX @SuperHoss @Wrath of Foamy @Rob Battisti @Big Tuppy Hole @Ralph Wiggum @lifelessheap @tdluxon @newcastleman @Kryptt @elreece @ssBaldy @Noveltymortar @Streeter @Herwald @LetThemBleed @Dr brakestick @MuayThaiSteve79 @tank666 @jerzey devil @Oeshon @Rizzo @stanlee @BayAreaGuy @mmamxfan @ctm @Spiffy @Morning Star @Mohawk Mauler @Tyrannosaurus rex @Rozko @Senzo Tanaka @Steve-French @Superbad @the ambush @Badger67 @Rygu @Sano @i420KrYpT @EnthusiastCultivator @Heisenboom @Shoden @El Che @ChickenBrother @Shaungotti @genecop @Mikeydontgiva @Papachulu @SheetsMMAfan @Zen.
@Champagne @Natural Order @mozfonky @esotamoc @Plissken @Gomi1977 @MicroBrew @HeLLMuTT @horc00 @Michaelangelo @Talent @Uncommon Valor @AlphaBetaShark @Bobby 3 Sticks
@scorpipede @ineverpost @Grassshoppa @aus101 @97talon @TheJewBear @Moin @gentlemanjack @Ezekiel 25:17 @mommysboi420 @Anung Un Rama @Newtieg @mmascene @Patof @Papasmurf45619 @dildos @xMsBarnez @Prutfis @tangata motu'a
@Osiris007 @benebox @Dillydilly @Damien Karras @FIGHTING TALK @SaiWa @Prologue
@Jesus H. Sherdog @qw3rty @Highway99 @Trotsky @GreenGorilla @Krixes @DM1982 @Valhoven @GolovKing @Enrico Palazzo @bowened @Aegon Spengler @90 50 @SiKnSiN @RollSonnenRoll @tobiaswins @Tol
@mesanch86 @DiarrheaPerlmans @Poser Caust @UncleJosh @Zebra Cheeks @ALAN PARTRIDGE
@dije1 @Tone505 @TJ Dillashank @Nathan LaMontagne @jx820 @mike1226 @Philadelphia Collins @Jack Fiddler @cmw43 @MRDOG @MeatWagon06 @RoxyBird @Nimrod @armbarforhire @paperclip101 @Thrawn33 @AZZA B @newjerseynick @ICHEERTHEBULL @evergreenrider @HaulParris @Buddy Revell @Luminosity @Kaybee @Wolf Hawkfield @Tone C @fuct. @Revolver @Chad The Limey @KotaroTheWolf @Andrey Kamensky @FinalFight @zuffazombee @heloder @4daLuLZ @XmarkX @JonnyBonesPharmacist @Livingenergy @fingercuffs @J0N0 @M4rk @Canned Tuna @BisexualMMA
@The Diplomat @Dr Stoppage @ZeroGravity @William Huggins @Zero-Zen @Carvaso @Bonos @axe wound @llperez22 @TheSauce @k1ngjester @Badoldman @scorpiorising @bigkick @superking @swarrrm @UberKneeOf209 @Squall Leonhart @Hellowhosthat @Mr. Fixit @deviake @Shroud of turinabol @EJRMAN513 @HTTR21 @SwamiLeoni @lostdog000 @hohner @Mr. Shickadance @hwm52806 @Goon Dog @Omegaboy13 @Washkev @cheesus @eighterumg5 @Ottawaguy @CrimsonFan @Hitmandn @freakroor @Brother Numsi @BUDDYLOVETT @chickenluver @Vergilius @bobgeese @WaylonMercy5150 @GergreG @Vegeta @BFoe @BadJuJu707 @TestosterOWN @Spounman @Xuh @eworden78 @Violent Violin @ookii @Shael @Ultra O’Dia @DooHoChoi @560ti
@Rvd Slmr @weaselkenievil @Skarr @jericksen5 @houjebek @Fork @Reign Supreme
Michael Jackson
Robert Plant
Roy Orbison

Sting is terrible and has no redeeming qualities. I've never been a fan of Plant's voice. He is one of the big reasons why I never really got into Zeppelin. Everyone else on this list has monstrous vocal talent, so to me they really stick out as being a good notch below.
That's opinions for you eh? Fair enough. If you can't dig a singer it's hard to get into their music.

Best singer..... singer people. ....Orbison don't even have pipes good enough to suck a fart out of Celine's butthole.

https://jbonamassa.com/roy-orbison-the-operatic-voice-of-rock/

Music scholars suggest that Orbison has a three-or four-octave range and his powerful, impassioned voice earns him the sobriquet “the Caruso of Rock.” In fact, The Big O and Enrico Caruso were the only 20th century tenors capable of hitting E over high C.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126475636
Orbison had a one-of-a-kind voice with a three-octave range and what one writer called a 'glass-shattering falsetto.' No less than Elvis Presley called Orbison "the greatest singer in the world."

https://www.am-fm.online/roy-orbison-the-music-that-defined-a-century
Tom Petty called him “probably the greatest singer in the world,”

So glad to see Whitney represented.

it'd be so easy to associate her with her crippling Crack habit and that bloody song (you know the one), and forget what an amazing singer she was.

Marvin Gaye was a God, and of course so was MJ.

easy picks for me

Whiney, Celine, and Plant
Hard round, only people that clearly don't belong are Sting and Plant
Next three voters all included plant, followed by 35 more of us later.
I was about to like that post but Sting and Plant?!? Really? Personal taste of course but Sting in the police rocked shit. And Robert Plant has a legendary voice. Obviously imo, I love Zep and love hearing Plant scream. He has the passion. He’s a fucking feeling man.
This guy gets it. I wouldn't even say I love Zepplin, but his vocals are undeniably powerful and iconic. Whitney and Celine are just very skilled and talented despite not being to my tastes.

Whiney, Celine, and Plant
Next three voters all included plant, followed by 35 more of us later.
This guy gets it. I wouldn't even say I love Zepplin, but his vocals are undeniably powerful and iconic. Whitney and Celine are just very skilled and talented despite not being to my tastes.
Neat.

Back