Out of these musicians (Tournament) - Who are the 5 best singers? (Fourth Elimination Round)

Who's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah was gonna post that list.

Hes not my fav vocalist which is why I mention it. My fav vocalist is Speed from soilwork.

But Patton has the biggest range.

that also doesnt include his heavy metal stuff with Mr Bungles latest album, The Dillinger Escape Plan etc which i didnt bother to post considering most would just write it all off

You gotta include Dolores O'Riordan in one of these mang

Marvin Gaye
Steve Perry
Stevie Wonder
Chris Cornell
Elton John

Springsteen
Vedder
Bowie
Wonder
Cornell

This was the toughest one so far. Lots of great musicians I had to leave off.

Perry
Benatar
Presley
Bowie
John

Steve Perry is only 7th from this group??? Are you kidding me?
I don't know if I'd even listen to an argument for him being that low out of all the groups combined.

This is LIVE

No 20 takes, no autotune, no lip synching. Live.

Wait... so is Steve Perry not going to advance out of this group? Shit

I’m about to start a petition for a congressional investigation into this. No way is he not a better vocalist then Elton fucking John or Marvin Gaye (and yes, I’m very familiar with all of their discographies).

Perry’s the only one of this three who could’ve legit made a living off his voice only.

Anyways I’m late to replying to this thread so I deserve this shit sandwich. My choices were:

Perry
Valli
Fitzgerald
Cline
Cornell

All legit great vocalists. Valli is very underrated especially. I’d put Rag doll and Oh what a night up against any of the other performers listed

Wait... so is Steve Perry not going to advance out of this group? Shit

I’m about to start a petition for a congressional investigation into this. No way is he not a better vocalist then Elton fucking John or Marvin Gaye (and yes, I’m very familiar with all of their discographies).

Perry’s the only one of this three who could’ve legit made a living off his voice only.

Anyways I’m late to replying to this thread so I deserve this shit sandwich. My choices were:

Perry
Valli
Fitzgerald
Cline
Cornell

All legit great vocalists. Valli is very underrated especially. I’d put Rag doll and Oh what a night up against any of the other performers listed

No unfortunately he's not going to advance to The Semi-Finals. It's going to be Marvin Gaye, Elvis Presley, David Bowie and possibly Chris Cornell.

No unfortunately he's not going to advance to The Semi-Finals. It's going to be Marvin Gaye, Elvis Presley, David Bowie and possibly Chris Cornell.

*Sigh* Cornell and Elvis I get. Cornell had a tremendous voice. Elvis a singular one.

Marvin Gaye was a good singer but not at all exceptional in my opinion. Anyone with any taste in R&B, Blues, Blue Eyed soul, etc has heard at least 100 guys with voices as good or better. David Bowie... again, a great artist but what? His voice was never and I mean NEVER outstanding.

If I was to sit here and type out the names of popular artists who had better singing voices my thumbs would fucking fall off before I was done...

Terrence Trent D’arby
Curt Smith
Susanna Hoffs
Michelle Phillips
Every Brothers
Righteous Brothers
Frankie Lymon
Bob Seger
Prince
Jonnie Wilder Jr. (Heatwave)
and any of the brothers Gibb (Bee-Gee’s)

*Sigh* Cornell and Elvis I get. Cornell had a tremendous voice. Elvis a singular one.

Marvin Gaye was a good singer but not at all exceptional in my opinion. Anyone with any taste in R&B, Blues, Blue Eyed soul, etc has heard at least 100 guys with voices as good or better. David Bowie... again, a great artist but what? His voice was never and I mean NEVER outstanding.

If I was to sit here and type out the names of popular artists who had better singing voices my thumbs would fucking fall off before I was done...

Terrence Trent D’arby
Curt Smith
Susanna Hoffs
Michelle Phillips
Every Brothers
Righteous Brothers
Frankie Lymon
Bob Seger
Prince
Jonnie Wilder Jr. (Heatwave)
and any of the brothers Gibb (Bee-Gee’s)

I get what you are saying, but that's just how the voting went. I got to respect the voting, if that's who the most voters pick than so be it. That's why these tournament polls are fun for me. It's unpredictable at times.

I get what you are saying, but that's just how the voting went. I got to respect the voting, if that's who the most voters pick than so be it. That's why these tournament polls are fun for me. It's unpredictable at times.

Totally get it. Popularity contests are what they are. Props to you for not trying to rig or steer the debate/convo. Just let me bitch lol

I won’t go out of my way to rain on anyones parade

Totally get it. Popularity contests are what they are. Props to you for not trying to rig or steer the debate/convo. Just let me bitch lol

I won’t go out of my way to rain on anyones parade

lol that's all good.

LOL at Marvin Gaye getting more votes than anyone else let alone Steve Perry not being a top 3 choice at worst. People seem to not understand these polls, it’s not who’s your favorite it’s who’s the BEST. I can name 10 vocalists i like more in the grunge era but Cornell is hands down the best vocalist in terms of actual talent.

LOL at Marvin Gaye getting more votes than anyone else let alone Steve Perry not being a top 3 choice at worst. People seem to not understand these polls, it’s not who’s your favorite it’s who’s the BEST. I can name 10 vocalists i like more in the grunge era but Cornell is hands down the best vocalist in terms of actual talent.

lol Marvin Gaye FTW

Back