Out of these musicians (Tournament) - Who are the 5 best singers? (Third Elimination Round)

Who's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
First Elimination Round
Second Elimination Round

My choices are:

Robert Plant
Lauren Hill
Björk
Sam Cooke
Bonnie Tyler

PM me or let me know on here if you don't want to be tagged.

Please vote, thank you.

@paddan @TheNinja @Doomer @TCE @Piperrr @ASUThermo @Chesten_Hesten @dc007 @ThinkGreen @Axefan4life @xHeadx @pv3Hpv3p @JinKazama @Screwtape @2DUM2TAP @aldeniro78 @Fedorgasm @Starck @Anialater @TheRash @shunyata @Cyrano200 @wigglestick @cowboyjunkie @TrueBias @empsim @raty tat tat @I Am Legion @offshore33 @ripsta619 @Jackie Blue @Solid @THE MARTIAN @Mesos @Swiftie @Digital Fire @Shonuffbrad @Trill850 @rustledjimjams @ironmansnap @SL1200 @wendelbudwhite @dindonker @Korben @Amerikuracana @ThinkGreen @Sleestaxk
@KnightTemplar @Ares Black @Zookeeper Gabe @Proud American @Askren’s chin @Excelsior @bubbleboyjones @Brandon Wilson @marioh @SammyPops @BB in Crazy!!!! @method115 @Virginiatechmic @Simian Raticus @Cherry Brigand @Adamant @Dark One @sanfranpsycho @Lebnof @Ablis89 @FortieSicks @GearSolidMetal @IloveTHIS @Vigorelli @steeldragon @Dr Curtis Love @HUGHPHUG @MilesAbove @Law Talkin’ Guy @moreorless87 @Randlewand @Uncle J @revoltub @Drain Bamage @dindonker @SKYNET @RoyalTS @CHUTE_BOXE78 @IndyCovaHart @Magooglie @BARNUM @Hanz_Blitz @Satanical Eve @D3THRONED @bosox32 @danny23 @ManCityFC9 @PajamaSnugz
@sleepwalk @Krimzon @MusterX @SuperHoss @Wrath of Foamy @Rob Battisti @Big Tuppy Hole @Ralph Wiggum @lifelessheap @tdluxon @newcastleman @Kryptt @elreece @ssBaldy @Noveltymortar @Streeter @Herwald @LetThemBleed @Dr brakestick @MuayThaiSteve79 @tank666 @jerzey devil @Oeshon @Rizzo @stanlee @BayAreaGuy @mmamxfan @ctm @Spiffy @Morning Star @Mohawk Mauler @Tyrannosaurus rex @Rozko @Senzo Tanaka @Steve-French @Superbad @the ambush @Badger67 @Rygu @Sano @i420KrYpT @EnthusiastCultivator @Heisenboom @Shoden @El Che @ChickenBrother @Shaungotti @genecop @Mikeydontgiva @Papachulu @SheetsMMAfan @Zen.
@Champagne @Natural Order @mozfonky @esotamoc @Plissken @Gomi1977 @MicroBrew @HeLLMuTT @horc00 @Michaelangelo @Talent @Uncommon Valor @AlphaBetaShark @Bobby 3 Sticks
@scorpipede @ineverpost @Grassshoppa @aus101 @97talon @TheJewBear @Moin @gentlemanjack @Ezekiel 25:17 @mommysboi420 @Anung Un Rama @Newtieg @mmascene @Patof @Papasmurf45619 @dildos @xMsBarnez @Prutfis @tangata motu'a
@Osiris007 @benebox @Dillydilly @Damien Karras @FIGHTING TALK @SaiWa @Prologue
@Jesus H. Sherdog @qw3rty @Highway99 @Trotsky @GreenGorilla @Krixes @DM1982 @Valhoven @GolovKing @Enrico Palazzo @bowened @Aegon Spengler @90 50 @SiKnSiN @RollSonnenRoll @tobiaswins @Tol
@mesanch86 @DiarrheaPerlmans @Poser Caust @UncleJosh @Zebra Cheeks @ALAN PARTRIDGE
@dije1 @Tone505 @TJ Dillashank @Nathan LaMontagne @jx820 @mike1226 @Philadelphia Collins @Jack Fiddler @cmw43 @MRDOG @MeatWagon06 @RoxyBird @Nimrod @armbarforhire @paperclip101 @Thrawn33 @AZZA B @newjerseynick @ICHEERTHEBULL @evergreenrider @HaulParris @Buddy Revell @Luminosity @Kaybee @Wolf Hawkfield @Tone C @fuct. @Revolver @Chad The Limey @KotaroTheWolf @Andrey Kamensky @FinalFight @zuffazombee @heloder @4daLuLZ @XmarkX @JonnyBonesPharmacist @Livingenergy @fingercuffs @J0N0 @M4rk @Canned Tuna @BisexualMMA
@The Diplomat @Dr Stoppage @ZeroGravity @William Huggins @Zero-Zen @Carvaso @Bonos @axe wound @llperez22 @TheSauce @k1ngjester @Badoldman @scorpiorising @bigkick @superking @swarrrm @UberKneeOf209 @Squall Leonhart @Hellowhosthat @Mr. Fixit @deviake @Shroud of turinabol @EJRMAN513 @HTTR21 @SwamiLeoni @lostdog000 @hohner @Mr. Shickadance @hwm52806 @Goon Dog @Omegaboy13 @Washkev @cheesus @eighterumg5 @Ottawaguy @CrimsonFan @Hitmandn @freakroor @Brother Numsi @BUDDYLOVETT @chickenluver @Vergilius @bobgeese @WaylonMercy5150 @GergreG @Vegeta @BFoe @BadJuJu707 @TestosterOWN @Spounman @Xuh @eworden78 @Violent Violin @ookii @Shael @Ultra O’Dia @DooHoChoi @560ti
@Rvd Slmr @weaselkenievil @Skarr @jericksen5 @houjebek @Fork @Reign Supreme

Buddy Holly, Nina Simone, Sam Cooke, Lauren Hill, Gladys Knight

Probably should have Celine in there, but that cunt will get over it.

Ozzy
Phil
Celine
Christina
George

Bjork, George Michael, Bonnie Tyler and Michael Bolton.

This one confuses me a bit, because I wouldn't consider guys like Ozzy Osbourne and Prince to have great voices, but they work to the music so well, so whilst I'd rather listen to Ozzy than Bolton, Bolton just seems like the better singer to me.

Robert Plant
Bonnie Tyler
Sam Cooke
David Byrne
Ozzy Osbourne

Pretty weak field compared to the previous round.

Paul McCartney and Prince are the most talented guys in there, McCartney's voice was still pitch perfect and youthful in his 60'ies, so I give him extra points for longevity. The difference in his singing between, e.g. Helter Skelter and Hey Jude also shows his fantastic versatility.

I love Prince, but his singing voice is probably the least great thing about him, though he does have a great falsetto and anice variety of styles he is able to sing in.

Nina Simone goes without saying and I'm picking Lauryn Hill whom I've always loved, but who has unfortunately produced way too little material. In either of the first two rounds, she wouldn't have merited a pick.

Final choice goes to Robert Plant who was very good as a young rock singer and who has developed into being able to do other styles of music as well.

Bjork, George Michael, Bonnie Tyler and Michael Bolton.

This one confuses me a bit, because I wouldn't consider guys like Ozzy Osbourne and Prince to have great voices, but they work to the music so well, so whilst I'd rather listen to Ozzy than Bolton, Bolton just seems like the better singer to me.

Having the better voice doesn't make you a a better singer, necessarily. Michael Bolton is bland and predictable - he has a powerful voice, but all his songs sound the same and all he can do is wail away with excess pathos, not subtlety or nuance. Prince doesn't have a big, powerful voice, but consider all the different styles he can sing in and the many, creative ways he finds to attack the lyrics of a song - he is a much better singer than Bolton, doing more with less due to his unbridled creativity.

Getting a top 5 was a bit more difficult this time around.

I decided to go with what I know for sure:
George Michael, Prince, Celine were definites for me. Aguilera (pure voice talent) and Lauren Hill (one of my favorites) rounded out my top 5 for this round (apologies to Knight).

Last edited:
Ozzy
Simone
Collins
Bryne
Prince

Plant, Prince, Ozzy, McCartney and Michaels. No particular order

Using the word “singer,” if you have Izzy ahead of Michael Bolton, you’re an idiot or a liar. Also, if Christina isn’t on your list, same deal.

If you don’t have Celine dion and Christina in your 5 from this list, please don’t comment regarding music ever again in your life. Celine is Whitney level, and actually LESS of a kook, even though it’s more pc to call her out for being a kook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back