Out of these musicians (Tournament) - Who are the 5 best singers? (Third Elimination Round)

Who's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gladys Knight
Björk
Nina Simone
Sam Cooke
George Michael (not sure who George Michaels is ;))

A up @MXZT after the greatest singers one, fairly obvious and sure you’ve got it lined up, but greatest lead guitar please? Cheers sherbro, enjoyed these threads; thanks for sorting em

If you don’t have Celine dion and Christina in your 5 from this list, please don’t comment regarding music ever again in your life. Celine is Whitney level, and actually LESS of a kook, even though it’s more pc to call her out for being a kook.
Surely it’s personal taste? Celine Dion and Whitney’s music means nothing to me so while I can appreciate they can sing if I don’t get it I don’t fucking get it?

Surely I could apply the same logic to my picks and say if you don’t know them you know fuck all?

Surely it’s personal taste? Celine Dion and Whitney’s music means nothing to me so while I can appreciate they can sing if I don’t get it I don’t fucking get it?

Surely I could apply the same logic to my picks and say if you don’t know them you know fuck all?

Actual singing talent is recognizable, bro. I can maybe only listen to a couple Celine songs, but if you aren’t dumb you realize her range and singing prowess.

Also, with the minimized state of music right now, it’s stupid and lame not to have it in the berry. It’s not helping with the problem. Movies are in there, so....

Actual singing talent is recognizable, bro. I can maybe only listen to a couple Celine songs, but if you aren’t dumb you realize her range and singing prowess.
I kind of addressed that, I can appreciate her range and singing prowess but it’s personal opinion depending on whether it moves you or not. Listen to what I’m saying rather than calling me dumb, trying to debate music with you.

Robert Plant
Celine Dion
Paul McCartney
George Michaels
Bonnie Tyler

McCartney and Prince are by far the most talented musicians on this one imo, but based strictly on singing I don't think Prince makes the cut. I probably shouldn't have given McCartney a spot over Christina and Sam Cooke. Paul is a very versatile singer, though, and gets bonus points for longevity. (Billy Joel will also get my vote largely based on still sounding great 40+ years later whenever he is on one of these)

Last edited:
I think I can kind of see what he's getting at, but not communicating effectively. Celine's vocal range and her technical singing ability are unquestionable. She has a strong tendency to over-sing imo, though. She also often pronounces shit weirdly and I don't find her performances to be emotionally moving. Those are all important factors as well.

Celine made my list, because she's a beast. I don't like much that I've heard from her, though, and I could see why someone would leave her out.

What makes someone a great singer is subjective. Things like uniqueness, expressivity, connection etc are all a part of it. For instance someone may have incredible vocal range but sounds unauthentic, whereas another person may have more limited vocal range but can connect with almost everyone. There's no problem at all with choosing the latter as a better singer.

Phil Collins would laugh in your face if he heard you say he was a better singer than Celine Dion. Maybe drummer and/or producer..
tenor.gif

Holly
Collins
Bolton
Dion
Prince

Back