Overrated movie you've ever seen?

No Country for Old Men is great, blows Pulp Fiction outta the water.

Mine is Blair Witch. I remember when it came out, people were saying it's the scariest movie ever. I thought it was boring. Only thing that could've redeemed it would be if one of the guys shot the annoying girl.
I couldn't get through it. That chicks crying was super annoying.

Black Panther.

Love comic book movies. This one was just meh.. Typical hero faces bad version of themself.

Drive.

It was a good movie but I didn't understand the hype.

Fuck you, that movie is great.

That ending is straight up ass.

Mine is Blair Witch. I remember when it came out, people were saying it's the scariest movie ever. I thought it was boring. Only thing that could've redeemed it would be if one of the guys shot the annoying girl.

I thought this too. Then I took a film class and one night they did this detailed overview of how they made the film and that made me appreciate it more. Actually now that I think about it, most of the stuff they covered is probably just the fun facts page on imdb now...

- The "package" the kids find were real human teeth, freshly pulled from a dentist a few miles away.

- The scene where the tents get ransacked was just the producers staging a fake attack. After the kids ran off, the producers left a secret note in Josh's sleeping bag telling him to sneak off from the camp that night. Josh overslept, so the producers had to go back and sneak him out.

- The ending was supposedly a big accident. Mike ran into the cabin and the producers tackled him from behind then made him go stand in a corner so they could tackle Heather. But Heather's camera caught Mike standing in the corner, so rather than do the whole thing again they added a subplot about a killer who made kids stand in a corner.

Watchmen. Too much hype that didn't meet my expectations.

What about you my fellow Sherdoggies?

I don't think Watchmen got a lot of hype.

It was generally regarded as a soulless shot-for-shot that missed the spirit of the comic and changed the ending to appeal to broader audiences.

I think it did a good job of [mostly] bringing the comic directly to film, but wasn't particularly outstanding by itself.

Inglorious basterds

The force awakeths

Batmoth movies

The watery shape

Etc

Shawshank Redemption, was one of the handful of people who actually watched it in the cinema, said it was meh, no cunt cared.

Some Oscar nominations everybody jumps on the bandwagon to the extent of it supposedly being the best movie ever made, say it’s meh these days and everybody loses their shit.

A Most Violent Year is the only movie that made me legit angry not just annoyed. First of all, that fucking title is a huge lie. Second, the pace is just painful. Third, boring story and nothing really happens. Fourth, main actor has an extremely punchable face. The wife is awful too. Five, it's not a mafia movie! Six, it's not a good movie either. It's has a nice photography but that's it. The hype for this one was soooo big and for the wrong fucking reasons it made me angry.
that movie didn't accomplish a single thing the whole film would have been good if they had actually made it a violent film instead of some business guys just filling paperwork and bureaucracy all film the whole film was just waiting for something to happen and nothing happens.

Shawshank Redemption, was one of the handful of people who actually watched it in the cinema, said it was meh, no cunt cared.

Some Oscar nominations everybody jumps on the bandwagon to the extent of it supposedly being the best movie ever made, say it’s meh these days and everybody loses their shit.
It was better than Forrest Gump

My sentiments exactly.

It was a good film, a stretch to call it great, and always a laugh to great its someone's favorite movie.

Especially when its pointed out that Andy's escape at the end would be impossible in real life.

My sentiments exactly.

It was a good film, a stretch to call it great, and always a laugh to great its someone's favorite movie.

Especially when its pointed out that Andy's escape at the end would be impossible in real life.

Not just the escape, one of the times Andy gets sent to the hole the warden takes away his rocks and polishing cloth as punishment, conveniently leaves the poster though.

End Game. It was a huge step down after the near perfect Infinity War.

1. There's no antagonist until past-Thanos sees Nebula's projections (what was that? like 2/3's way into the movie?) so everything just sludges along, dragging it's feet and relying on coincidence to move things along. Even the time-heist had zero sense of urgency.

2. When the film finally gets an antagonist, it's the saturday morning cartoon version of Thanos who had zero of the depth he had in IW. They might as well have been fighting Steppenwolf.

I did love Cap's ending though. That was absolutely perfect.

Babel . Awful movie. Awful shakey camera filming.

gonz1.gif

Zombieland

I turned it on with really high expectations having not seen it for years after it came out. Couldn't believe how bad it sucked.

Back