Overrated movie you've ever seen?

It had a lot of period music. My dear annie, the waltz song at the church party, the paddy goes to war for America song, the background fiddle when they are uptown.. The movie itself had period music throughout..

And it had modern music including that terrible electronic song that plays right in the first battle sequence. Right away just makes it clear its not my kind of movie.

I also thought Tarantino was wrong for putting a White Stripes song in The Hateful 8, I'm consistent on this.

I've seen the movie a bunch of times, including at the theater in 2002 when it came out. It's a mess. Awful modern soundtrack.

Ain't that the truth. I remember being pumped sitting in the theater watching the opening, and all of a sudden this bizarre synth score bullshit was so inappropriately infused into that battle scene, accompanied with some very odd quick cut editing. Boner immediately killed. From that moment, I knew it wasn't going to be some epic Scorsese perfection.

Easily one of the more disappointing movies I've ever seen.

Just watched Gangs of New York, how it's so critically acclaimed is beyond me. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

My sentiments exactly.

It was a good film, a stretch to call it great, and always a laugh to great its someone's favorite movie.

Especially when its pointed out that Andy's escape at the end would be impossible in real life.

I mean its a good film with pretty strong performances in it but considering how much praise it gets(at the top of so many peoples favourites list) I find it pretty unambitious on almost every level.

It strikes me as a film loved by people who don't really appreciate the mediums potential, the cinematic equivalent of an airport novel. Not everyone has to appreciate every art form of course but it should IMHO effect how the praise it gets is viewed.

Last edited:
Inglourious_Basterds_poster.jpg

Dark Knight, Avengers, and all those other super hero movies.

Some terrible taste itt...to the "pulp fiction sucks" people, fuck off all of you

I don't know if it is overrated, or even loved; but I found Arrival to be so boring. I like long and drawn out movies, but Arrival was horrible to watch.

Titanic
Kill Bill 1&2
Bridesmaids

It Follows, dumb concept, boring as shit, overhyped.
Honorable mention to the movie Us

Damn, according to this very thread, the only non overrated movies are really bad movies everyone agrees are really bad.

@Sir Galahad I just been watching Winchester, first time I ever seen it, and its really shitty, I quit at 38 minutes into it, just couldn't go on any longer.

It's More scary dancing to Spice Girls songs than watching that
98aad573cf7203f537968c17dfcfa8c804c2411b_00.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back