OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

I've never stopped playing Overwatch. Usually get a dozen or so matches in a week.

I'm conflicted about OW2. I enjoy a lot of the improvements, but I also enjoyed the synergy of two tanks in OW1, and the more MOBA feel to the game. OW2 plays more like an FPS, which I think will actually make it appeal to more people, and will probably be better for the game moving forward.

Have they fixed the servers? I’m trying to use Zenyatta again.

I've never stopped playing Overwatch. Usually get a dozen or so matches in a week.

I'm conflicted about OW2. I enjoy a lot of the improvements, but I also enjoyed the synergy of two tanks in OW1, and the more MOBA feel to the game. OW2 plays more like an FPS, which I think will actually make it appeal to more people, and will probably be better for the game moving forward.

I really like how theyre trying to break the shield meta. 5v5 seems like it could potentially be better, but its too soon to tell. The increase in how long it takes to get your special....not sure what I think of that. Havent tried everyone, but Sombra is a beast in 5v5 with the dmg buff.

I'd be more likely to accept that it's media spin if not for European and Asian servers apparently having no issues.

They admitted it in yesterdays downtime announcement:
"We’re also adding nodes to ease the pressure of our player database being overloaded. Adding nodes requires replication of data, which inherently adds more pressure to an already stressed system, so we’re doing it slowly to not cause any further disruption."

They admitted it in yesterdays downtime announcement:
"We’re also adding nodes to ease the pressure of our player database being overloaded. Adding nodes requires replication of data, which inherently adds more pressure to an already stressed system, so we’re doing it slowly to not cause any further disruption."
<BidenShutIt>

Gonna be interesting for the next few years of you bumping the thread to cast aspersions on a game you never play.

<BidenShutIt>

Gonna be interesting for the next few years of you bumping the thread to cast aspersions on a game you never play.

I think he might be right. I was able to get in this morning. I woke up at like 5am cause I couldn't sleep and I got in without any issues at all and played a game. Still feels like OW to me so I don't mind the changes. If I go back home today and the same shit happens then I have to assume it's not a DDOS attack unless they are only doing the attack during peak hours.

Gold ranked comp feels like "Sniper Watch." With only one tank to clog LOS i can just shoot at slow ass Lucio.

2000 hours in OW1, new gameplay sucks ass. It's like playing a shitty mobile version of Overwatch. Call me in 4 years when I can buy Overwatch Classic.

Never played Overwatch, but I have been on Overwatch 2 for a few days now on Switch. The default gametype is apparently always some type of objective mode, and no one on my team ever goes to the objective. It is rare that anyone plays their role properly, even in Role Queue. I will be a tank or support with more damage than the damage characters. And I am terrible. If I am support, the tank just hides in the back while the squishy damage characters run out to die. If I pick tank, nobody fights near me or heals me. It feels totally unplayable with randoms.

Last edited:
2000 hours in OW1, new gameplay sucks ass. It's like playing a shitty mobile version of Overwatch. Call me in 4 years when I can buy Overwatch Classic.
What are the big changes? I heard that it went from 6v6 to 5v5.

They made other changes as well. New characters. Looks like Tanks have more health also. I think some of the heroes also had their abilities changed. Doesn't feel all that different to me.

1 tank per team
Theres a new kinda weird armor mechanic. Where armor damage builds your Q slower. I.E., if you shoot someone without armor, it will boost your Q quicker than if you shot someone for the same amount of damage but they had armor.
Theres some reworks. Theyve gotten rid of most hard stuns, with exception to things like Anas dart. McCrees flashbang is now an adhesive damage nade. Sombra can hack and it doesnt break stealth, but shes visible while hacking, hacks for less time, but the target takes 40% more damage from all sources while hacked, etc. Theres a bunch of changes.

Yeah, they removed a Tank, which is the biggest one. Tanks gave your team a place to congregate, now that they don't have partners everything just becomes a clusterfuck with everyone jumping around. The meta will be stale incredibly quickly with 1 Tank too, which was what this game was supposed to help.

Not to mention the monetization is insane. You could literally get more rewards in 2 hours of OW1 as a free player than the entire OW2 Free Battle Pass, it might be the worst Battle Pass ever made. They removed the On Fire mechanic, after match cards, and MVP vote, you can't endorse the enemy team anymore, and Endorsement levels give trash Battle Pass exp now anyway. They made all the graphics uglier, the guns all try to sound more "realistic", but really just sound more the same. They added a worthless scoreboard too, which will just make people more toxic. The game has almost 40 characters and they all heal and do damage differently, a scoreboard tells you almost nothing valuable.

It basically feels like a stripped down mobile version of Overwatch. The changes piss off a lot of people like me who played every day, and the people they're trying to court will go back to other games cause this one is hideously unrewarding and boring. I expect queue times to get very high in the next couple months, and they're going to be cleaning up bugs for a long time instead of developing content, like every shitty live service. Overwatch 1 had almost 0 bugs and ran on a toaster, losing it for this soulless cashgrab is sad.

Last edited:
Man that first year of Overwatch was a blast. Then they slowly pumped out updates making it shittier and shittier, and Blizzard has turned into a dogshit company.

Took me a while to realize that Overwatch 2 was released. I don't know if that says more about Blizzard's current state, or my complete ambivalence. Honestly makes me sad. I remember when I was counting the seconds to WarCraft III's release.

Back