Pack of 15 Wolves vs. Pack of 12 Hyenas - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
Depends on where the fight takes place and how long it goes on.

9 times out of 10 I take the hyenas. Bigger, stronger, and tougher. If the wolves get the hyenas to run for some reason and waste energy maybe they can pick them off 1 by 1 as the hyenas tire. But they would have to be some dumb hyenas.

Now what about 12 wolves vs 6 hyenas? or 8? Where is the line here for a 50/50 fight?

Had to Google their sizes lol. A wolf is usually around 100 pounds, hyena 150-190 pounds. That's a big difference.

Speed is similar. The only way wolves could win would be to bite and run. If the hyena gets a hold of a wolf it's probably done for. I guess in a long, ddrawn out fight the wolf could possibly win by staying elusive and working together. If it's close quarters, they are screwed.

The wolf has the better stamina too. It can just run lol. Not sure if that type of stamina would matter much in a fight.

It would be like 15 Josua Pacio vs 12 Alex Pereira.

Joshua-Pacio.jpg

Vs

a4087938-8b07-4a78-b3c5-39907d9c6b40.jpeg

African wild dogs hunt in much bigger mobs though.

Hyenas will run from a mob of 30-40 dogs because they're not retarded.

15 wolves would run too.

From 12 Hyenas? What happens if they had no choice but save their young because Hyenas found their den?

From 12 Hyenas? What happens if they had no choice but save their young because Hyenas found their den?

I meant 15 wolves would run from 40 African wild dogs too

Most of the competition would be over a large animal kill, but at a certain point the Hyenas know when they're outnumbered.

Wolves generally won't take huge risks over food unless they're starving.

Wolverines however.............

Hyenas win. They are closer to cats. Cats are always the better killing machine. Hyenas don't really kill African dogs like Lions. They just rob them and the dogs can't do anything about it since the Hyena just tanks the bites.

The wolverine factor is hard to underestimate. Sure a solitary wolverine will sometimes get murked by a bear. But respect to the little madman for even going against one

But who knows maybe wolverines are getting smarter-case in point linked below. Crazy dudes are now running in mobs to overcome the size difference

13 Wolverines Chase Grizzly Bears in Wyoming | Field & Stream (fieldandstream.com)

I can only imagine the thought process of that grizzly mother with her cubs.

"Fuckin wolverines think they own the whole mountain. Oh shit. OH. SHIT. RUN CUBS RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"

Back