Pacquiao VS Spence: A Technical Summary (breakdown video)

Manny will just time Spence ducking and after coming up, Manny will close the distance while Spence is ducking then starting to raise up, Manny will fire his one two, one two, then his hook, Spence will get buzzed and smile, this will keep happening until Spence stops ducking, if he doesn't stop coming in throwing his jab combo then ducking slipping out while raising up, Pac will continue to make him pay busting him up, maybe even getting a knockdown.

Spence needs to keep Manny at a distance using his jab as a range finder then slip on the inside, when he's done firing combos instead of dipping down, then raising up, he needs to skip back using quick footwork with his body up chin tucked in, then fire hard power jabs to keep Manny from trying to land counters trying to close the distance, something Floyd did regularly, fire combos then skip back quickly, then back to his jab.

The angle is on Spence left side, what Manny was doing against Diaz, Manny would counter with his right hook, stepping to David's left side circling Diaz, but can Manny get past Spence jab ? because he has the reach, Manny would have to get on the inside after slipping Spence jab, then throw his hook after his combos sliding on Spence left side, then firing combos after Spence steps over following Spence firing combos until Spence backs out or holdd or Manny gets fatigued, Manny can also land his body punches at that angle Spence left side and to the middle solar plexus, then turn Spence while he's covered up, something he's been doing in sparring, Spence has been getting counted and then covering up because he doesn't know were his opponent is, so his natural reaction is the shell up, with his head tucked in, if he constantly does this he will lose close rounds giving the impression that he's lost, Floyd would di this at times and the commentary plus judges would give Manny those rounds due to sheer volume of attack aggression we know Spence doesn't have the defense that Floyd had, so Spence will get tagged.

These things should happen if Manny is trained correctly because he did this to Diaz, but if Manny's legs are totally gone and he's completely shot, he will try certain things but his quickness explosivness might be gone and he might not be able to pull the trigger, he will dance try counters get frustrated and explain he couldn't do the counters footwork anymore, if he has a little left in the tank, he will look good in spurts but fade late in the fight, but if he has one more fight left in him, he could pull out a close win, because he could beat Spence easily if he was still in his prime.

Last edited:
Manny should do this to Spence because Diaz also ducks down and is a southpaw boxer but Spence has a longer reach, Manny will get his correct distance in the fight unless Spence keeps him at his distance using his jab, this will come to if Manny can slip those long jabs skipping dancing into his punching range on the inside at a close distance.

The closer this gets the more I think Manny might whoop his ass whoop his ass.

And Spence has only fought 2 southpaws so...

As usual, insightful analysis BT.
tumblr_lxm3rwHM4Q1qlh9eeo1_500.gif

Last edited:
I know Spence has a lot of fans here but I have to say he's always left me a little disappointed. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets dropped in this fight.

I know Spence has a lot of fans here but I have to say he's always left me a little disappointed. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets dropped in this fight.

Spence gets tagged easily in most fights, I'm not sure Manny at this age and weight is able to drop him.

I could actually see him getting dropped. But not hurt badly.

Now Spence game plan, it's either pressure fighting Manny like Horn did against Pac especially with Pac's age constantly in Manny's face keeping Pac off balance and backing up, not being able to reset his attack and set up his attack or is he just going to try and out boxing Pac, using his jab and power punches using movement like he did against others like Garcia ? so it's either fight Manny like Porter or box Manny like Garcia.

Probably pressure fighting like he did against Porter in your face bullying pressure constant fighting without stopping and resting, this will sapp Pac's legs quickly because of his age his career moving up multiple weights, Pac might not be able to fight this type of war for 12 rounds constantly he won't recover quick enough to keep Spence off of him, the same thing happened against Horn and he lost, Spence is ren times a better fighter then Hornm Crawford proved this and Crawford made their fight look easy something Pac couldn't do adjust against that style.

He's shown this in sparring he's not doing his typical sparring making others miss and pay but he's doing pressure bullying fighting while sparring and he's willing to get hit, but fire back.

Now Spence game plan, it's either pressure fighting Manny like Horn did against Pac especially with Pac's age constantly in Manny's face keeping Pac off balance and backing up, not being able to reset his attack and set up his attack or is he just going to try and out boxing Pac, using his jab and power punches using movement like he did against others like Garcia ? so it's either fight Manny like Porter or box Manny like Garcia.

Probably pressure fighting like he did against Porter in your face bullying pressure constant fighting without stopping and resting, this will sapp Pac's legs quickly because of his age his career moving up multiple weights, Pac might not be able to fight this type of war for 12 rounds constantly he won't recover quick enough to keep Spence off of him, the same thing happened against Horn and he lost, Spence is ren times a better fighter then Hornm Crawford proved this and Crawford made their fight look easy something Pac couldn't do adjust against that style.

He's shown this in sparring he's not doing his typical sparring making others miss and pay but he's doing pressure bullying fighting while sparring and he's willing to get hit, but fire back.

I think we’re going to see elements of both from Spence. He’ll box in some rounds and press in others.

I think we’re going to see elements of both from Spence. He’ll box in some rounds and press in others.

Yeah Spence will mix it up & wear Manny down, he's using that reach with his jab, but watched the Horn fight and noticed Pac has trouble getting set to attack if he's constantly off balance and on the defensive mode avoiding punches, Spence has showed that he can go non stop in a war with Porter and still have the strength conditioning to drop Porter late, he can go even harder then Horn did, is Pac ready for that kind of fight ?

The only way Pac can stop that type of aggression war is to hurt Spence and knock him down otherwise Manny is in deep trouble especially because of his age & legs conditioning these factors give Spence a huge advantage let alone the size difference, reach and power advantage Spence will have, Manny is in serious trouble in two weeks.

Yeah Spence will mix it up & wear Manny down, he's using that reach with his jab, but watched the Horn fight and noticed Pac has trouble getting set to attack if he's constantly off balance and on the defensive mode avoiding punches, Spence has showed that he can go non stop in a war with Porter and still have the strength conditioning to drop Porter late, he can go even harder then Horn did, is Pac ready for that kind of fight ?

The only way Pac can stop that type of aggression war is to hurt Spence and knock him down otherwise Manny is in deep trouble especially because of his age & legs conditioning these factors give Spence a huge advantage let alone the size difference, reach and power advantage Spence will have, Manny is in serious trouble in two weeks.

That’s my thinking as well, at this age and at this weight I don’t think Manny can really go toe to toe. In explosive bursts he’s more dangerous than Spence but trading in the pocket is going to give the bigger fighter an advantage here. Roach is right to focus on outboxing him in and out.

That’s my thinking as well, at this age and at this weight I don’t think Manny can really go toe to toe. In explosive bursts he’s more dangerous than Spence but trading in the pocket is going to give the bigger fighter an advantage here. Roach is right to focus on outboxing him in and out.

Can Manny keep the bigger Spence off of him in order to reset and attack ? because he couldn't do this against Horn like he's use to doing with everyone else, there's another fight with Marg and his constant pressure attack Manny could make him pay and keep him at a distance so he could reset and attack nobody was resting in that fight but Pac was young and prime, he hurt Marg and busted his eye, can Pac do the same against Spence ? because Spence is probably looking to put that type of pressure on this older Manny, if Pac hurts him early and makes him back off busting him up in spurts he's winning the judges and crowd, if Spence just walks right through Manny like he's nothing and keeps coming it's a long night for Pac.

We will know in the first three rounds, just like the Thurman fight when Pac hurt Thurman and changed the fight, because Spence will test Pac's power early, if it's not dangerous he's coming forward with pressure if it's dangerous he's trying to box using movement and his reach.

I too think he's a bit overrated. Not not super athletic, not fast hands, not great power. And he's not that hard to hit. He is technically sound and big and strong for a WW though. But what I think gives him the biggest edge in this fight is his excellent stamina. Manny ran out of gas vs Thurman.

I can see Manny doing very well in the first four rounds, a relatively even middle four rounds, and then Spence pulling away in the last 4 rounds, with Manny possibly in survival mode.

Last edited:
Yeah getting harder to pick who will win. Heart says Pac will win cause Spence has never dealt with the type of fighter Pac is (more proven against southpaws, speed, also great footwork) but mind says Spence being younger, bigger, reach advantage, and great bodywork.

Back