Painted a poster for buddy's first indie feature film.

Herwald

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Greetings, Sherdog. Buddy of mine I only know from IMDb message board days made his first feature film. A no budget newbie effort titled "Unleashing the Demons". I won't lie and say it's the greatest movie ever made, but an admirable effort nonetheless, true passion project and a cool novelty to scratch off the bucket list as the dude always wanted to put a feature together while I always fantasized about growing up and being the next Drew Struzan.

Here's the poster:

And here's where to get the film:

If you're in for some grassroots efforts, check it out! Same with following me on Instagram - I'm a complete nobody, but if you dig the art, there's more coming. So consider following. Thanks!

Greetings, Sherdog. Buddy of mine I only know from IMDb message board days made his first feature film. A no budget newbie effort titled "Unleashing the Demons". I won't lie and say it's the greatest movie ever made, but an admirable effort nonetheless, true passion project and a cool novelty to scratch off the bucket list as the dude always wanted to put a feature together while I always fantasized about growing up and being the next Drew Struzan.

Here's the poster:

If you're in for some grassroots efforts, check it out! Same with following me on Instagram - I'm a complete nobody, but if you dig the art, there's more coming. So consider following. Thanks!

Gives me 80's video game box art vibes. Two thumbs up.

Pretty sick, bruh. Good looking out. The best to your homie on the film tip.

Here's the poster:

Nice painting, looks like it took forever, a lot of detail in the background.

Youre talented as hell. Gorgeous colour palette, and a decent composition.

Here's the poster:

You have skills. Awesome job.

@Anung Un Rama he’s got a Hellboy painting on his Instagram. Didn’t want to post it without permission.

Gives me 80's video game box art vibes. Two thumbs up.
Awesome of you to say this. This was the goal. 80s posters of movies like Fright Night and stuff. That whole illustrated era for games and movies, before photos.
is it OK if I tell people that I know the guy that made the poster for that movie?
Absolutely. Tell them you're making moves in the show business.
Nice painting, looks like it took forever, a lot of detail in the background.
It did mainly cause I wanted them demons' anatomy to make sense, how they interact with each other. They were all drawn from scratch. Here's how the early sketch part looked:
sketch-003c.png
Took me awhile to find a trailer, but I finally found it.. I have bad news...

Bruh... {<jordan} Dude, I'm laughing so hard here.

Back