Paintings and drawings - post yours

These are awesome, guys! I love the Khabib. This is the last MMA linocut I did. Cowboy. I like the way his hat shadow came out.

Screenshot (7).png

Yesterday i was watching a video of Daromeon, the Kengan Ashura and Omega artist, then...

tenor.gif

He was using a brush with a cross hatching pattern! It's so simple but i had never thought about that.

Daromeon

So i tried and this was the result.

fU3Rajs.jpg

For the brush i just made 5 strokes and saved as a brush preset, then altered the spacing(brush tip shape) and changed the angle jitter for ''stylus wheel'' (shape dynamics)

Yesterday i was watching a video of Daromeon, the Kengan Ashura and Omega artist, then...

tenor.gif

He was using a brush with a cross hatching pattern! It's so simple but i had never thought about that.

Daromeon

So i tried and this was the result.

fU3Rajs.jpg

For the brush i just made 5 strokes and saved as a brush preset, then altered the spacing(brush tip shape) and changed the angle jitter for ''stylus wheel'' (shape dynamics)

Looks good, and that video is pretty cool. I've never really messed around with cross-hatching before but it makes sense to make a brush to replicate it, nice job.

5g7RtER.jpg

Used tons of pics of the manga Kengan Ashura as reference.
Another day i will try to shade it

Relatively recently, done with ms paint:
Jones_DWI_mugshot_updated_.png

Some drawings, although not mma-related:
IMG-20200116-WA0014.jpg
(Tattoo-design for a cousin of mine)

46488039_2004288346332349_8079351065989873664_o.jpg (A crocodile, obviously, lol. Saltwater-croc, to be exact!)

This is amazing. I tried to draw Khabib some times but ended looking like a cro-magnon man

Thanks, and yeah he is kind of tough to draw and paint I had a couple of failed attempts recently. I think his cheekbones, jawline, and brow are his most identifiable features his eyes, nose, and mouth are all pretty generic looking.
Both Beebs of you look really good though.

As for recognizable facial features, i pay especially attention to the eyes.
This includes, but is not limited to:
  • Angle of the eyes (upwards from the middle, straight, or rather downwards from the middle)
  • Distance of the eyes between each other (always measure it on the pupils, personally)
  • Eyelids (both upper and lower, but especially upper) - are they very visible or are they concealed by the frontal orbital?
  • Depth of the eyes in the skull (Khabib has very deep set eyes, for example).

Both Beebs of you look really good though.

As for recognizable facial features, i pay especially attention to the eyes.
This includes, but is not limited to:
  • Angle of the eyes (upwards from the middle, straight, or rather downwards from the middle)
  • Distance of the eyes between each other (always measure it on the pupils, personally)
  • Eyelids (both upper and lower, but especially upper) - are they very visible or are they concealed by the frontal orbital?
  • Depth of the eyes in the skull (Khabib has very deep set eyes, for example).

I like caricature stuff and after failing a lot with my drawing. I read The Mad Art of Caricature by Tom Richmond and it has a lot os similar tips to this.

Good stuff bro.

These are awesome. I love the samurai
Thank you! - ironically, the Samurai was much, MUCH more work than the crocodile, because i took a ridiculously long time and many phases of trying things out in order to figure out which kind of style i'd like to draw it in and how the armor is going to look (especially since i had to keep in mind that it should be done in a way that suits a tattoo).
I like caricature stuff and after failing a lot with my drawing. I read The Mad Art of Caricature by Tom Richmond and it has a lot os similar tips to this.

Good stuff bro.
You're welcome, i have a book about drawing in general at home, depending on what's next for me i should also look into it more often, hehe.

The caricatures that popped up on google pictures when searching for the book you've mentioned look cool too.

Relatively recently, done with ms paint:
View attachment 767749

Some drawings, although not mma-related:
View attachment 767750
(Tattoo-design for a cousin of mine)

View attachment 767751 (A crocodile, obviously, lol. Saltwater-croc, to be exact!)

Bro, I'm planning on getting another tattoo

I was wondering if you could do one for me?

In return, I'm offering a free drawing of anything you want

Are you good with Tribal?

(I'll try drawing anything but cartoons is my specialty)

(Btw nice work)

Last edited:
Bro, I'm planning on getting another tattoo

I was wondering if you could do one for me?

In return, I'm offering a free drawing of anything you want

Are you good with Tribal?

(I'll try drawing anything but cartoons is my specialty)

(Btw nice work)
Thank you for choosing me, but momentarily i'm fully concentrated on my own stuff, sorry man.
<RomeroSalute>

Back