International Parliament holds Joe Biden in contempt over Afghanistan

I just don’t buy it. Common sense Would tell anyone otherwise, and I’m sure the UK were getting similar cables. If they weren’t, then all they would need to do is ask their intelligence agency or take 15 minutes to search the internet. So, maybe they didn’t think the country would fall into disarray so quickly, but add another month or three and I suspect the same mad rush to evacuate would’ve occurred.

They are looking to point fingers. Instead of feeling a sense of urgency, UK politicians chose to sit on their dicks, debate COVID ad nauseam, and then watch a football tournament all summer, which, in turn, lead to more debates about racism. Want someone to blame? His name is Boris Johnson and he’s been running around all summer dealing with scandals about this and that.

Rory Stewart and Tom T. can pontificate all they wish about ‘abandonment’. The agreement was put on paper during Trump some time ago, and the room should’ve been read — America wished to get out of Afghanistan, no matter the aftermath. It’s a tragedy. The withdrawal was botched beyond belief. Biden continues to lie. But the UK is lying to herself, too.

That has absolutely nothing to do with your listen to the news comment........

Of course they dropped the ball . Every single country involved did. America happened to be holding more of the ball.

Including my own. ( Australia ) just in case you think I'm not looking at our own leadership with equal disgust.

America wished to get out of Afghanistan, no matter the aftermath. It’s a tragedy. The withdrawal was botched beyond belief. Biden continues to lie. But the UK is lying to herself, too.

It's been a very destructive and tumultuous century thus far: China PNTR, 9/11 Attacks, Afghanistan Invasion, Patriot Act, War on Terror, Iraq Invasion, Legalized Gay Sex, Global Financial Crisis, Great Recession, Gay Marriage, Trannies, Border Crisis, COVID-19 Pandemic, Lockdowns, Incels, Only Fans...

Joe “the buck stops with me” Biden saying it’s everyone else’s fault and that all the allies loved how his withdraw plans and no Americans have been effected by the taliban. Then he took scripted questions from a list of names

It's been a very destructive and tumultuous century thus far: China PNTR, 9/11 Attacks, Afghanistan invasion, Patriot Act, War on Terror, Iraq Invasion, Legalized Gay Sex, Global Financial Crisis, Great Recession, Gay Marriage, Trannies, Border Crisis, COVID-19 Pandemic, Lockdowns, Incels, Only Fans...

lol

Oh look, a reactionary right winger now cares what other countries think.

you guys are so adorable. You change your positions like people change socks.

you literally can’t make this type of bullshit up.

Lol....fought war of independence from a king and parliament. 300 years later, spiritual descendants of defeated treasonous slave owning shitheads are concerned what said parliament thinks of them and their elected leader.

<{hughesimpress}>

It's been a very destructive and tumultuous century thus far: China PNTR, 9/11 Attacks, Afghanistan Invasion, Patriot Act, War on Terror, Iraq Invasion, Legalized Gay Sex, Global Financial Crisis, Great Recession, Gay Marriage, Trannies, Border Crisis, COVID-19 Pandemic, Lockdowns, Incels, Only Fans...

hopefully this gif will cheer you up about the incel trannies with guns and covid
giphy.gif

As a quick point, The Telegraph headline is a bit misleading. I don't Biden as a foreign leader even can be found in "contempt of Parliament" in a legal sense. From what I can work out it just means lots of MPs got cross with him.
If I'm wrong let me know, but I can't find anything about a vote to formally hold Biden in contempt.

You should be able to dimiss others' judgement of your nation... but the fact that your historically closest ally is condemning you is not good.

And I seem to recall "he's alienating our allies!" being a commonly cited bone of contention for many of our Trump critics.
I certainly hope none of them are hypocritically dismissing Britain's criticism.

Oh look, a reactionary right winger now cares what other countries think.

you guys are so adorable. You change your positions like people change socks.

you literally can’t make this type of bullshit up.
They have no actual principles and prove it over and over again.

The whole situation was handled exactly according to plan... No one would have handled it this way without knowing the consequences...

We shouldn't have been there, we should have handled it differently and we should be open and honest about all of it...

Parliament holding in contempt means what?

This hurt my heart this week. :(

Afghan mothers throw babies over barbed wire at Kabul airport and beg British troops to save them from Taliban

Desperate Afghan mothers threw their babies over barbed wire as they begged British soldiers to take them to safety away from the Taliban. The heartbreaking scenes unfolded at the airport in Kabul where thousands of people under threat by insurgents are being airlifted to by the US, Britain and other countries.

“The mothers were desperate, they were getting beaten by the Taliban. They shouted, ‘save my baby’ and threw the babies at us, some of the babies fell on the barbed wire. It was awful what happened. By the end of the night there wasn’t one man among us who was not crying,” an officer from the Parachute Regiment told Kim Sengupta, i foreign correspondent in Kabul.

Taliban fighters armed with Kalashnikov AK-47s patrol the streets nearby, stopping Afghans walking along the roads to check their papers and turning some of them away, the Independent reported. At a Taliban checkpoint, vengeful fighters are beating up Afghans, with some tearing up their passports and other travel documents.

“I was with my family, one of the Taliban got angry at something my wife said and started beating her with a stick,” said Amir Akhbar Mohammed. “I got these injuries trying to protect her. The man was actually trying to reach around me to hit her. They seem to like hitting women.”

Islamists really are a bunch of incels.

Don't care they can eat a Dick. I would say the same thing if Trump was President and pulled out and left everyone crying.

Its easy to blame others for your own failings. They knew we were going to pull out and waited until we did to try and pull their own out. Instead of admitting their failures they are blaming the US.

Some of them are, at each other. The UK's secretary of state equivalent was out on a Greek beach and too busy to take any calls while Kabul was getting besieged. FFS. <45>

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-the-papers-58264267

The Parliamentary debate on Afghanistan is the main story for most of the papers - with many focusing on the criticism aimed at Boris Johnson and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab.

"Asleep at the wheel", is the headline in the Metro. For the Guardian, it's "Johnson humiliated". The Guardian says the prime minister faced a wall of fury from all wings of the Conservative Party, with 11 former cabinet ministers among the dozens of MPs and peers expressing anger and frustration at the UK's failures in intelligence and preparation.

www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-58277008.amp

The UK government is coming under pressure after it emerged ministers did not make a phone call about evacuating Afghan translators who had helped UK forces. It had said Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab was too busy to speak to his Afghan counterpart, with a junior minister being asked to do so instead.

But the Foreign Office now says it "was not possible" to arrange the call before the Afghan government collapsed. Mr. Raab has rejected demands from opposition parties to resign. It was revealed earlier this week that the foreign secretary was unavailable to make the phone call last Friday - while he was on holiday in Crete - as the Taliban advanced towards Kabul, Afghanistan's capital.

Labour asked whether Prime Minister Boris Johnson had spoken to Mr. Raab while he was away - and whether he had given permission for him to leave the UK.

Unpopular opinion (maybe): Am I the only one that thinks this was completely blown out of proportion? Did we really think we could leave Afghanistan cleanly, with no deaths, and leaving no civilian/contractor behind?

This agreement was made last February, when the former President was in office, and was supposed to be finished by May. At some point you just have to pull the plug. Statistically speaking, we would have needed to stay only about 38 more days before the same amount of our troops would have died (13), plus much more injured. That also doesn’t guarantee another bombing would have taken place on the exit, no matter how well planned.

any country not planning for the shitshow of Afghanistans collapse hasnt been paying attention for 20 years.
we should go back to the old days of firing officers for incompetence. Instead we have a cavalcade of staff college retards who bumblefuck their way through wars so they can go on for political officer or defense jobs later in life.

Back