Path to the Black Belt

Thurs

90 min no-gi BJJ

Only did a few rounds. Went with one of our UFC fighters, a brown belt about my size, a white belt and a female blue belt. Tapped the UFC fighter once with a heel hook but he got me twice with guillotines. The brown belt and I are of pretty similar skill. Today was my day though, I caught him with one or two guillotines and a triangle from guard. Felt pretty good today.

Sat

Went to one of the local gyms for open mat but of course it was closed :((((( No BJJ since Thursday fml
Came through the commercial gym and did 12 minutes of sprint intervals

Sun
Pecs/Biceps

Itching to get back on the mat.

Mon

90 min gi BJJ

Great lesson taught by a 3rd degree BB on side control defense and escapes. All of the sparring today was from side control. This was a very productive class and I took a way a lot from it.

Tues
90 min gi BJJ

Good class on passing knee shield. Rolling was productive and motivating because I tapped one of our best competitive brown belts with a triangle arm bar.
Been trying new things, having more of an open-mind and my "feel" for jiu-jitsu seems to be improving.

Legs

Sprint training

Weds
Back/Tris

Thurs

60 min no-gi BJJ

Only got 4-5hrs sleep last night so I took it easy today. Drilled technique a ton and only rolled two rounds, a blue and black belt respectively. Actually felt really good despite the shitty night prior. With the blue belt I barely raised my respiration rate and flowed into submissions and sweeps with no effort at all.

I feel like I've leveled-up recently in jiu-jitsu. Like timing, weight and a lot of things have been clicking into place after a long time of being on a plateau, or at least a crawling pace of improvement.

Fri
Super light shoulder session. Ran out of time/energy after a full day of traffic.

Sat
Sprint intervals

60 min BJJ gi rolling
Open mat; went with a black belt twice, a purple belt and two blue belts. Feeling pretty good.

Sun
Chest/bi's

Mon
Legs
sprint training

60 min gi BJJ
Lots of drilling reps with DLR stuff. Got some good one-on-one attention with my main instructor. Only did 1.5 rounds with a couple of blue belts before dipping out early, but felt and moved really well.

Tues

90 min gi BJJ
Lots more DLR stuff, much the same as yesterday. My training partner had a rougher gi and the skin opened up on my top knuckle near my fingernail. Got some street pizza on the top of the same hand from an unknown source, and the skin under my toe painfully opened up as well. Dermis is quitting on me today.

Rolled with a brown belt who I tapped twice, a blue belt who I tapped once or twice, and a female brown belt who tapped me for the first time, with a wrist lock. My cardio started slowing down a lot after hard rolling with the first brown belt.

Weds

60 min BJJ gi

Thurs
90 min BJJ gi

Sat

60 min BJJ gi rolling open mat

Sun
Pecs/Bi's

Getting caught up with logging here over the past few days.

90 min gi BJJ

^ that was on Tuesday. I got a moderate injury in my wrist and my toe. Nothing crazy but needed a few days off. Back to open mat this Saturday.

30 min gi BJJ

Rolled with a couple of geriatric black belts and a 19-year old purple belt. Cardio sucks, but it felt good to be back on the mat.

Back