Opinion Pathetic review of the new movie "Vacation Friends"

Gaming "journalism".

<Prem974>
that's how they define themselves, and i'm not snob over words... probably because i got used to not give "journalism" some holy, ethic or even just professional meaning

You talking about that Mile Morales Spider-Man review huh

That was written by a very confused mixed boy that reaaaaally hates his black side and let it show in that review.
Did'nt read that one nor i was thinking some piece in particular
Whole western industry became a SJW shitshow, from social media era :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s press to developers that are terrified of them and deform their own product to avoid low scores/bad rep

Pretty silly review that asks a bit too much of the film in question, at least based off the trailer. It is an odd choice to have this buddy comedy where virtually the entire cast except for one clearly out of place couple is black and yet where race is(apparently, haven't seen the film myself) never mentioned. Are there at least low brow race jokes? If not then it is an odd casting decision since race seems like it'd be at least somewhat relevant based off the cast.

Pretty silly review that asks a bit too much of the film in question, at least based off the trailer. It is an odd choice to have this buddy comedy where virtually the entire cast except for one clearly out of place couple is black and yet where race is(apparently, haven't seen the film myself) never mentioned. Are there at least low brow race jokes? If not then it is an odd casting decision since race seems like it'd be at least somewhat relevant based off the cast.

By why does race have to be included in the movie? Most of the film is black because it takes place at the wedding of the black couple, so its their family. I had a black friend at my almost entirely-white wedding. Somehow, we made it through the entire night without having to talk about his skin color.

By why does race have to be included in the movie? Most of the film is black because it takes place at the wedding of the black couple, so its their family. I had a black friend at my almost entirely-white wedding. Somehow, we made it through the entire night without having to talk about his skin color.
Seems odd to me to consciously cast everyone as black except for the fish out of water white couple and then not comment on race at all. Not even saying the movie had to do some deep dive into race issues like the review is asking for, I'm saying at least include some race jokes about white people liking Mayo or something like that.

Seems odd to me to consciously cast everyone as black except for the fish out of water white couple and then not comment on race at all. Not even saying the movie had to do some deep dive into race issues like the review is asking for, I'm saying at least include some race jokes about white people liking Mayo or something like that.

The film is already sort of race-swapped from how you might typically do this comedy 15-years ago, so it just doesn't work. The black couple, who are getting married, are old money. The white couple are friends they met on a vacation in Mexico and are carefree. Its easy to imagine that in 2003, this film would have been about about an old money WASP family, perhaps with a token british grandmother matriarch thrown in as well, and Kevin Lee or Chris Rock playing the black friend who crashes the weeding, giving everyone weed brownies and talking about how stuffy white people are before sleeping with the granny or something. But when you race-reverse it, you either have John Cena making black jokes...which won't go over well, or you have the rich black family making jokes about how John Cena likes mayo...but John Cena is giving them cocaine margaritas and feeding them hallucianic mushrooms, so it still doesn't fit the film.

The film is already sort of race-swapped from how you might typically do this comedy 15-years ago, so it just doesn't work. The black couple, who are getting married, are old money. The white couple are friends they met on a vacation in Mexico and are carefree. Its easy to imagine that in 2003, this film would have been about about an old money WASP family, perhaps with a token british grandmother matriarch thrown in as well, and Kevin Lee or Chris Rock playing the black friend who crashes the weeding, giving everyone weed brownies and talking about how stuffy white people are before sleeping with the granny or something. But when you race-reverse it, you either have John Cena making black jokes...which won't go over well, or you have the rich black family making jokes about how John Cena likes mayo...but John Cena is giving them cocaine margaritas and feeding them hallucianic mushrooms, so it still doesn't fit the film.
I'm not saying it has to be that specific Mayo joke, I actually think that one is stupid and played out. Just meant its odd to cast the film the way they did and not at least throw in some race related jokes.

Feels good to not be a miserable wokie

200.gif

You talking about that Mile Morales Spider-Man review huh

That was written by a very confused mixed boy that reaaaaally hates his black side and let it show in that review.

That’s lame because it was a really good movie and everyone loves Spider-Man.

If you don’t like Spider-Man fuuuuck you!

Yet you always side with the full-measure woke perspective. Your opinion of yourself is at odds with your opinions on everything else.
Didn't I say that the article was silly, pedantic and annoying? It's not my fault that you don't understand the context of what I'm saying, especially considering I pretty much spelled it out. While there's a few legitimate complaints and once in a blue moon some interesting social commentary, I think the woke nonsense is largely that, nonsense. However what I "always" side against is the insane hot takes or the false equivalencies from what is most of the posters on this forum, whenever something that is woke gets brought up by themselves. The nuance of being someone who is on the left, yet not engrossed in woke politics, is completely lost. A good example is your framing of me as a "woke knight" which tells me you haven't been listening at all. If what we had was 90% threads about how evil men were, how great third/fourth wave feminism was, how everyone should be forced to ask for a persons pronouns, toxic masculinity and the like, with the vitriolic hatred that most of our current threads have, then you'd see me combat that too.

Not everything has to have a teaching moment for white people or be reflective of "current social atmosphere". There is enough of that in other network and streaming content I think. It's a Jon Cena movie ffs.

Maybe they don't want racial humor because it ages poorly very quickly now. Just avoid that time bomb all together because a race obsessed internet blogger will dig that shit up in the future when standards change. In 5 years this same writer would probably be telling us how "problematic" their racial jokes were.

omg i dont watch hollywood movies at all i just watch foreign shows turkish bosnian croatia i am from balkans. but this is new level stupidity i mean people can say leys not make movies about race woke people will be we need them to show racism lol, you make a movie about race woke people will be racism white person was writer and they were in movie too just b.s. after b.s.

imagine how sad and pathetic a life of race obsessed lefty must be when they're constantly triggered or looking to be triggered by normal human interaction...

Back