News Patricio Pitbull cashes $150,000 purse for title defense over Adam Borics

I mean thats not good for Pitbull and AJ. Guessing Pitbull gets some side money somewhere. Not sure about AJ cause it wasnt a title fight, who even knows whats up with his contract status too.

Some of the rest its about what you'd expect.
The payouts in Bellator are strange, they seem to change bout to bout, like Pitbull was making 250K per bout last year. Wonder if it’s tax reasons and the real amount is much different

Edit: Seems like it's just side money and signing bonuses

Last edited:
Vadim Nemkov's last bout in California was unusually low. Went from 250,000K in Arizona to 80K in California, so I am assuming the bigger guys signed some side deals so they don't have to pay the high Cali taxes

We have official payout numbers for both so we can actually see it in action and not just assume

if pitbull was unhappy he'd say something, i think he's doing ok. they basically let him give his brother the lw belt when he asked to set up that match with queally, so i think he's good with his situation there for now.

Fighters mention they get paid well and has nothing but good things to say about Coker. Im sure money behind the scenes is reasonable

Funny how nobody is mentioning that even the worst fighters with 1-1 records on this card make as much as dudes who fight in front of Dana White on his little scam show that is the new gatekeep for "ufc talent".

I saw on another article that the guy who lost to Keoni Diggs on the post-lims (not listed in the OP) got paid 12k to show.

Im glad I left after the AJ Mckee fight. The whole card was pretty fucking boring until then.

I don't know seems pretty decent for B level org in a niche sport to begin with.

I'm not sure what Bellator's books look like now, but a few years back DAZN money is what made them profitable for the first time. With that gone I'm not sure where they are at. They did continue to grow with media deals around the world. But I'm willing to bet Bellator makes a little money for Viacom but it isn't 10's of millions of profit. To Viacom they are cheap live sports entertainment that doesn't really cost them money and if it does its very little for the amount media time they get out of it. They will let them sit and spin in the corner until they don't make money off it anymore and sell it or shut it down. They surely don't seem to be dumping extra money into the product. They rarely if ever even ran repeats of Bellator events when they were on Spike or Paramount. Which proves they could almost careless about the product or growing the product. Made more money rerunning a few hours of old Cops than any Bellator event ever did for them. It's just sad, but that is the reality of Bellator/Most of MMA, it's a niche sport that is damn hard to make any money in it that is worth the headaches of doing it. As fans we way to often expect too much out of these orgs.

Pitbull is obviously getting well paid in Bellator or he would have left awhile ago. Would be interesting to see how his contract is actually structured as people were mentioning there payout varies depending on which state they fight in. I remember Josh Thomson had super small payout but was getting a monthly payment from bellator. They are more creative with how they structure contracts because you never hear top bellator guys complaining bout there wages

I don't know seems pretty decent for B level org in a niche sport to begin with.

I'm not sure what Bellator's books look like now, but a few years back DAZN money is what made them profitable for the first time. With that gone I'm not sure where they are at. They did continue to grow with media deals around the world. But I'm willing to bet Bellator makes a little money for Viacom but it isn't 10's of millions of profit. To Viacom they are cheap live sports entertainment that doesn't really cost them money and if it does its very little for the amount media time they get out of it. They will let them sit and spin in the corner until they don't make money off it anymore and sell it or shut it down. They surely don't seem to be dumping extra money into the product. They rarely if ever even ran repeats of Bellator events when they were on Spike or Paramount. Which proves they could almost careless about the product or growing the product. Made more money rerunning a few hours of old Cops than any Bellator event ever did for them. It's just sad, but that is the reality of Bellator/Most of MMA, it's a niche sport that is damn hard to make any money in it that is worth the headaches of doing it. As fans we way to often expect too much out of these orgs.
Really is too bad bellator isn't owned by company that's truly invested in them. They have an amazing collection of fights that they could be replaying to bring in new viewers but they do absolutely nothing with the library

Gonna guess he really makes about 300-500K per bout, which if you fight twice a year is about 1 million, plus the tax man's cut. Nowhere close to the top UFC champs, but probably beats the lesser ones like Fig, Ngannou, Valentina, etc.

Gonna guess he really makes about 300-500K per bout, which if you fight twice a year is about 1 million, plus the tax man's cut. Nowhere close to the top UFC champs, but probably beats the lesser ones like Fig, Ngannou, Valentina, etc.

Val makes like 400k a fight.

Back