Media Patricio Pitbull should try to get to Bantamweight

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score

Looking at his stats, he's the same size as most 135 lbers in the UFC. Didn't realize he was this small, dude makes Volkanovski look like a giant. Also McKee is absolutely huge for the weight class, he's ever bigger than Holloway.

Feel like Pitbull would likely have his way with Sergio Pettis as well.

Might not need to move at all McKee's not going to stay at 145 pound long, he'll go up to challenge for Pitbull's 155 pound belt and if he wins likely stay there, guy's big for the 145 pound weight class. A match up at 155 next makes sense for both, Freire gets the chance for revenge, actually defends the LW belt and McKee has the opportunity to become a 2 weight world champion.

Might not need to move at all McKee's not going to stay at 145 pound long, he'll go up to challenge for Pitbull's 155 pound belt and if he wins likely stay there, guy's big for the 145 pound weight class. A match up at 155 next makes sense for both, Freire gets the chance for revenge, actually defends the LW belt and McKee has the opportunity to become a 2 weight world champion.
Damn look at my son talking Bellator. Proud of you my son

Becoming a champ-champ beating the same guy twice is not as impressive but I can see how they can sell that better than anything else.

Damn look at my son talking Bellator. Proud of you my son
Lol I frequently pop in here bud what you talking about. If anyone should be proud shouldn't it be me? You took my suggestion of changing AV's and ran with it. You just need to start with the McKee's the best FW of all time spiel to really reel people in.

Patricio should definitely not drop to BW. I dont understand why people want successful fighters to drop weight classes as soon as they lose. Its not the end of his career, he still a monster he is just not the FW boogeyman anymore. I do think he should take some time off, though. He is pretty active and might need to rest, forget about LW, and he can return in early 2022 at FW and challenge back in fall of that year of he is successful.

Becoming a champ-champ beating the same guy twice is not as impressive but I can see how they can sell that better than anything else.
True especially when Pitbull looked undersized at the lower weight class but as you said champ-champ is a big selling, Freire was Bellator's biggest star because of it so they'll want to market McKee the same way if they can, and as I said I don't see McKee making weight for much longer, maybe 3 more fights at most.

Patricio should definitely not drop to BW. I dont understand why people want successful fighters to drop weight classes as soon as they lose. Its not the end of his career, he still a monster he is just not the FW boogeyman anymore. I do think he should take some time off, though. He is pretty active and might need to rest, forget about LW, and he can return in early 2022 at FW and challenge back in fall of that year of he is successful.
Dare I say this but it’s over for him. Father Time is undefeated in mma. FW is a shark tank and his chin is only getting worse. Borics is another massive FW and so is Jay Jay. If Pitbull takes 7-8 months off and comes back at near 35, facing one of these top guys is a bad idea. Imagine him vs Pico in 7-8 months? I don’t see him faring any better against these young hungry guys.

You'd have him drop the belt without even attempting to defend it? That's some Conor level shit man. I mean I agree in spirit since that I don't see him having extended success at 155 but surely he's got to try defend the belt he won in mid 2019 once, and against McKee there's an easy story to sell.

Dare I say this but it’s over for him. Father Time is undefeated in mma. FW is a shark tank and his chin is only getting worse. Borics is another massive FW and so is Jay Jay. If Pitbull takes 7-8 months off and comes back at near 35, facing one of these top guys is a bad idea. Imagine him vs Pico in 7-8 months? I don’t see him faring any better against these young hungry guys.
Maybe its over for him being a champ but he can still KTFO most FWs, IMO. We need to see how he bounces back, a fight vs Weichel makes sense.

Maybe its over for him being a champ but he can still KTFO most FWs, IMO. We need to see how he bounces back, a fight vs Weichel makes sense.
Yeah I agree I don’t think he’s done like as a good fighter it’s just I don’t think he’s getting the belt back. FW is a shark tank and with prospects like Gonzales Law and Pico waiting in the wings, Pitbull is prob never getting that belt back.

You'd have him drop the belt without even attempting to defend it? That's some Conor level shit man. I mean I agree in spirit since that I don't see him having extended success at 155 but surely he's got to try defend the belt he won in mid 2019 once, and against McKee there's an easy story to sell.
From Bellator's standpoint, yes this is the next fight. I dont think this is the smartest move by Patricio, though. They will figuratively gut his image in favor of creating an AJ superstar, thats fucking cold!

Btw Albarracin said he wanted the rematch in Brasil but isn’t Brasil completely closed down? Copa America didn’t even have fans

From Bellator's standpoint, yes this is the next fight. I dont think this is the smartest move by Patricio, though. They will figuratively gut his image in favor of creating an AJ superstar, thats fucking cold!
True but on the flip side giving up his belt without even attempting to defend it and effectively dodging McKee and others at 155 would be a right bitch made move.

Btw Albarracin said he wanted the rematch in Brasil but isn’t Brasil completely closed down? Copa America didn’t even have fans
That was fucking sad, South American fans are crazy, maybe it's a smart move by Albaracin to say that knowing full well they are a ways away from allowing a fight to go ahead, could give his boy ample time to rest.

True but on the flip side giving up his belt without even attempting to defend it and effectively dodging McKee and others at 155 would be a right bitch made move.
I think Patricio's pride would get in the way of vacating the belt. That's basically an admission that, at the very least, he's not confident in his ability to defend the belt. And I also don't think Patricio would lack confidence, I mean he won the belt by beating Chandler, so while it's certainly risky, he probably still believes in himself to do it. It's the only belt he has left right now so it's the next logical step.

I'm sure he wants AJ but I think A. that's not an easy fight for him at any weight, B. AJ should defend the belt at FW at least once before doing the champ-champ bit, and C. top contender right now is Sidney Outlaw. He's no world beater. Pitbull vs. Outlaw is pretty winnable imo.

I think Patricio's pride would get in the way of vacating the belt. That's basically an admission that, at the very least, he's not confident in his ability to defend the belt. And I also don't think Patricio would lack confidence, I mean he won the belt by beating Chandler, so while it's certainly risky, he probably still believes in himself to do it. It's the only belt he has left right now so it's the next logical step.

I'm sure he wants AJ but I think A. that's not an easy fight for him at any weight, B. AJ should defend the belt at FW at least once before doing the champ-champ bit, and C. top contender right now is Sidney Outlaw. He's no world beater. Pitbull vs. Outlaw is pretty winnable imo.
Interesting take but let's say Pitbull defends and McKee defends at or around the same time and both do win, does it still not look like a bitch made move the second McKee says he wants to go up Patricio vacates? Or are you suggesting that they then fight at 155? It's basically a tacit admission the guy's better than you at any weight class if he vacates the 155 belt to duck him. Pitbull's in a tough spot.

Interesting take but let's say Pitbull defends and McKee defends at or around the same time and both do win, does it still not look like a bitch made move the second McKee says he wants to go up Patricio vacates? Or are you suggesting that they then fight at 155? It's basically a tacit admission the guy's better than you at any weight class if he vacates the 155 belt to duck him. Pitbull's in a tough spot.
If they both defended they probably would meet at 155. But at this point Pitbull wouldn't be coming off a loss, and potentially losing 2 in a row, and potentially losing 2 belts in just a few months...

Back